Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to do it

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Time to do it

Well I now have over 33,000 miles on my 2017 and I think it's time to stop drinking the Kool Aid.

I know I will be going with DRD, that's a easy decision.

I'm just now sure what I need besides the tuner.

I want to keep it simple and get rid of the bare minimum for now.

I'm also not into a lot of noise or drone. I would like to keep my stock exhaust as much as I can.

Anyone have any ideas? This is my DD so longevity and reliability is a must.

Thanks

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Time to do it

@TDC @DRD offers the EGRLESS Tuning with keeping the factory exhaust in place, but you still use DEF Fluid.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yep I read that but that's one of the things I want to get rid of.

I guess I'm trying to make it as reliable as my old 5.9.

I have not had any problems but it just makes since to with this system problems will come.

6. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TDC View Post
    Yep I read that but that's one of the things I want to get rid of.

I guess I'm trying to make it as reliable as my old 5.9.

I have not had any problems but it just makes since to with this system problems will come.
    You can get delete pipes that remove the DPF and SCR allowing you to be DEF free but without as much noise.

You still keep the majority of you factory exhaust.

Plus you would be able to get away with a single tune and keep the costs to a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhiteCummins View Post
    You can get delete pipes that remove the DPF and SCR allowing you to be DEF free but without as much noise.

You still keep the majority of you factory exhaust.

Plus you would be able to get away with a single tune and keep the costs to a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree and if you want to quiet it down and remove the drone you can add a muffler or resonator in line.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Delete pipes aren't going to keep it quiet alone though.

There is no factory muffler on the 2017 so delete pipes will essentially end up giving you a 4" straight pipe turbo back exhaust.

Make sure you get a muffler if quiet is what you are after.

That being said, a full 5" TBE is not loud by any means, but that is just my opinion.

12. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Alright so I think I am going with the express 30hp and a delete pipe. What do you guys think, I'm not sure with this setup I'll tell much difference but I hope it will be the most relliable since it is going to have to last if possible. I won't more tunes but I know me, probably not got because I'll have to try it. What does everyone do with the plugs that not being used anymore? do you just tape them up or what. Sorry got a lot of questions, I'm like a 57 year old kid

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Thomas1960 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TDC View Post
    Alright so I think I am going with the express 30hp and a delete pipe. What do you guys think, I'm not sure with this setup I'll tell much difference but I hope it will be the most relliable since it is going to have to last if possible. I won't more tunes but I know me, probably not got because I'll have to try it. What does everyone do with the plugs that not being used anymore? do you just tape them up or what. Sorry got a lot of questions, I'm like a 57 year old kid
    You can purchase the shibby plug kit from @DRD.

They are fake plug ends that will keep your electrical contacts from the elements.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Likes AK Bob, Thomas1960 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I did a MBRP delete 4" pipe with muffler and the truck sounds great.

This past July pulled my boat from South Carolina to gulf coast Florida.

Absolutely no drone but it sounds beefy when you get on it.

I too didn't want a drone this was a cheap easy install and I would definitely do it again if I had another truck to do it on.

Also the shibby plug kit is worth the money as well.

Just my 2 cents.

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Opie15 did you just do the delete pipe and muffler or the whole turbo back?

If it was the delete pipe and muffler do you know the part numbers,.

I don't think I'm allowed to ask where you got it.

Thanks

White Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie, Tuned, 625 ARPs, Revmax transmission with a billet input shaft, billet flex plate, Revmax thermal bypass, Revmax deep pan, Revmax billet valve body,
    4600 shocks, Airdog 165, ARE shell, Line-X, ICT grid heater delete, Glacier diesel grid heater, stock size tires and wheels, stock suspension, mostly just a stock truck.

20. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast