Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Compounds/Gears/Revmax700

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Compounds/Gears/Revmax700

I am fully deleted with Rays tuning and I am planning on doing some upgrades this year.
    1. 4.30 gears
    2. Head Studs
    3. Compound - Hardway Stage 2
    4. FASS 150 fuel
    5. Revmax 700.
    6. Fleece coolant bypass kit

shooting for 500-600hp

i am lifted 6” with 37x13.5 r17

i do not tow anything but want to be able to if I need to.

First I would like to see if there is any tuning that needs to be done to my MM3 for any of the upgrades above?

I am choosing 4.30 gears because I will eventually go to 40in. Tires and I like the RPM’s I will be running due to speed limits in West Texas being 75-80 mph.

I am am not sure if the Stage 2 compounds are overkill but I like the cheetah upgrade over the stock. I have heard that a 475 could be too big and not spool fast enough and a 471 might be better. I know that is not part of the hardway kit but I am open to suggestions.

I would like like to do all of these without having to upgrade injectors but not sure if that can be done.

I am also not sure if the FASS 150 is good for what I want to do either any help would be appreciated.

Revmax 700 I am not sure if this is overkill either but I figure if I am shooting to get 600hp the 550 wont be enough. Again any input is appreciated.

i will have a local shop installing all of these products and through reading reviews I believe I will purchase everything from Dudes Diesel.

2. Thanks DDP thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Compounds/Gears/Revmax700

I can hit 500 hp on my stock turbo. The last dyno I did settled around 465hp but have done some revisions since with Ray. Opted for a little less on the top on for better low and mid range power. I have the dyno results posted in another thread.

First you will definitely want a tune update to maximize the potential of all those parts.

I run the FASS 150 on mine with stock CP3 and injectors. The 150 is more than enough to support a twin CP3 and larger injectors if you do upgrade. Its a great pump.

I would also look into a 2nd gen turbo swap versus the Hardway kit. Ray just did one and had great results with it. I don't know if you will be able to hit 600 without upgrading the injection pump or injectors or both.

In my opinion you can never have too much strength in your transmission or drive train.

4. Thanks DDP thanked for this post
    Likes DDP, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Hey bud! Thank you so much for wanting to go through us! It means the world to us and it is truly amazing how much support we get from all of yall. We couldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for all of our amazing and loyal customers.

It is always a good idea to get a re-tune done when doing mods such as these. Even if you changed out your stock cold air intake and replaced with an S&B, there will be parameters that Mr. Ray can change to help the truck run at it's very best with the new mods. With the new upgraded transmission the line pressure will be able to be bumped up as well.

1. On the gear ratio you may want to consider 4.56 going with 40's. I have never dealt with 4.30 so by all means let me know what you have found out about them as well! From what i have heard from customers is that the lower gear ratio below 4.56 are a little sluggish when getting up to speed as well as towing when they needed too.

2. Head studs are a good idea when having huge tires, performance and wanting to do some towing. That's alot of power just to get it all moving. You can do either the 425's or 625's from ARP.

3. The Hardway stage 2 system is a popular kit and is currently on back order, if you can't wait we can gladly get you set up with something similar as well. To get the maximum potential out of this kit it is highly recommended that you have bigger injectors. That means you will want a little bit bigger fass. I will shoot you a pm after this and we can discuss some other options to help narrow down the best turbo for ya.

4. For the Fass, we would recommend the 165 as it has much more potential. You will have a bigger margin with tuning with this one as it can support the fuel as well as up to 900hp.

5. You have definitely picked a heck of a transmission to go with. The revmax 700 is a beast and will hold up to all the above mods easily! We have sold quite a few of these and each and every customer has been in love with them!

6. The fleece coolant bypass kit is definitely one of a kind. It's based off temp. vs pressure.

I'll shoot you a message and we can discuss some details and get everything narrowed down to exactly what will be the best set up for ya bud.

Can't thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by AJAX161 View Post
    I am fully deleted with Rays tuning and I am planning on doing some upgrades this year.
    1. 4.30 gears
    2. Head Studs
    3. Compound - Hardway Stage 2
    4. FASS 150 fuel
    5. Revmax 700.
    6. Fleece coolant bypass kit

shooting for 500-600hp

i am lifted 6” with 37x13.5 r17

i do not tow anything but want to be able to if I need to.

First I would like to see if there is any tuning that needs to be done to my MM3 for any of the upgrades above?

I am choosing 4.30 gears because I will eventually go to 40in. Tires and I like the RPM’s I will be running due to speed limits in West Texas being 75-80 mph.

I am am not sure if the Stage 2 compounds are overkill but I like the cheetah upgrade over the stock. I have heard that a 475 could be too big and not spool fast enough and a 471 might be better. I know that is not part of the hardway kit but I am open to suggestions.

I would like like to do all of these without having to upgrade injectors but not sure if that can be done.

I am also not sure if the FASS 150 is good for what I want to do either any help would be appreciated.

Revmax 700 I am not sure if this is overkill either but I figure if I am shooting to get 600hp the 550 wont be enough. Again any input is appreciated.

i will have a local shop installing all of these products and through reading reviews I believe I will purchase everything from Dudes Diesel.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189, Power247, RogueDiesel liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Definitely great info!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisenheimer View Post
    I can hit 500 hp on my stock turbo. The last dyno I did settled around 465hp but have done some revisions since with Ray. Opted for a little less on the top on for better low and mid range power. I have the dyno results posted in another thread.

First you will definitely want a tune update to maximize the potential of all those parts.

I run the FASS 150 on mine with stock CP3 and injectors. The 150 is more than enough to support a twin CP3 and larger injectors if you do upgrade. Its a great pump.

I would also look into a 2nd gen turbo swap versus the Hardway kit. Ray just did one and had great results with it. I don't know if you will be able to hit 600 without upgrading the injection pump or injectors or both.

In my opinion you can never have too much strength in your transmission or drive train.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thank you! I really appreciate all your input. I will take all these things into consideration.

Thanks,

Todd

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Definitely great info!
    Clayton from DDP will hook you up he’s a great guy to deal with

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes AJAX161 liked this post