Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 2nd Gen Swap on Stock 68RFE

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2nd Gen Swap on Stock 68RFE

I'm on the edge of doing a second gen swap with a s463 turbo. Not sure which brands yet but I was wondering if doing the swap would be fine on stock head studs and the stock 68RFE with stock fuel system. I would be running a tune with it that would be around 60-70 hp but if needed I can back it down to save my trans. This would just be for daily driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2nd Gen Swap on Stock 68RFE

My opinion says it will work fine. Not optimal but fine. It all depends on how you drive. If you are hard on it things may not last as long as they would if you are conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wisenheimer View Post
    My opinion says it will work fine. Not optimal but fine. It all depends on how you drive. If you are hard on it things may not last as long as they would if you are conservative.

By optimal what do you mean? Performance wise or wear and tear on the engine/trans?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Both. As soon as you start changing things from stock it becomes a never ending saga of money and parts. For example... you add a tuner, then you need a bigger turbo, then you need more fuel, then you need more transmissions, then you need a race block, then you need a new daily driver because your truck is a beast

If you are only running a low hp tune why not put the money into something else? Seems like a lot of part with big potential to be lightly used. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a turbo upgrade regardless of the reasons.

I suppose it all depends on your end game.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wisenheimer View Post
    Both. As soon as you start changing things from stock it becomes a never ending saga of money and parts. For example... you add a tuner, then you need a bigger turbo, then you need more fuel, then you need more transmissions, then you need a race block, then you need a new daily driver because your truck is a beast

If you are only running a low hp tune why not put the money into something else? Seems like a lot of part with big potential to be lightly used. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a turbo upgrade regardless of the reasons.

I suppose it all depends on your end game.

Good point! Too bad I'm already in that cycle with a lift, wheels, tuning, and so on!! But I do tow a boat in the summer

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

A 2nd gen swap should be better for your head... less drive pressure equals less chance of lifting the head.

Sent from my Samsung S-8 using Tapatalk... DRD tuned 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB, Saddle Brown Pearl

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

7. Likes Cummins20126.7 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Should be fine bud. With more power and more flow comes more power. More power means your right foot gets heavier LOL. Just keep an eye on everything and you should be fine.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes Cummins20126.7 liked this post