Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust manifolds & compounds vs. 2nd gen swap

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust manifolds & compounds vs. 2nd gen swap

Quote Originally Posted by Ky6.7cummins View Post
    I have been wanting to do a 2nd gen swap on my truck Im not sure which kit to go with. Black market performance is the cheapest out of them all so Im leaning towards that but I also don't want to buy a kit that isn't quality. Any input on these kits?
    I would give Ray @Double R Diesel a call he handles Stainless and his customer service is second to none! PM me if you'd like further info.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

2. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, dieseljeeper, Shane G. liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I know Ray could take care of me he hasn't let me down yet. Just hard for me to pull the trigger on 3k for the swap once I do that I should be able to leave my truck alone for another 6 months or so LOL.

2013 6.7 raceme ultra warp tuning full delete 5 inch tbe s&b intake southbend dual disk clutch

4. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I think I'm still leaning towards going the compound route and retaining my VGT. Total price seems to be the about same if I were to go with a 2nd gen swap and add the BD exhaust brake on top of that.

2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DanO, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel does Stainless offer a Compound kit that can utilize the factory VGT? I know they have a twin kit, but not really the route I wanna go. Thanks.

2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dieseljeeper View Post
    @Double R Diesel does Stainless offer a Compound kit that can utilize the factory VGT? I know they have a twin kit, but not really the route I wanna go. Thanks.
    No sir they don't.
    Just FYI, I've got a 2014 going on the dyno Saturday that has a billet s480 over a stock VGT, Fleece stroker CP3, Fass 220, pusher intake, Speed Steed manifold, AFE intercooler, Fleece 80% nozzles, grid heater delete, push rods and springs, ported head, and fire ringed. We've already spun the engine to 4700rpms and its a beast on the street. If it doesn't kick a rod, it should be interesting!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel keep us posted please

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins7 View Post
    @Double R Diesel keep us posted please

I will. I won't be present at the event, but I'm supposed to get a video and results.

I'll be happy with anything north of 700HP. Fuel and boost will be there, but the exhaust back pressure is a choking point with this type of setup. Even with proper VGT tuning, the VGT turbine housing is very restrictive.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

12. Thanks dieseljeeper, Cummins7 thanked for this post
    Likes dieseljeeper, Cummins7 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I am very interested in hearing how this goes. Please keep us posted with results.

14. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I am very interested in hearing how this goes. Please keep us posted with results.
    Well my guy drove an hour to a dyno and only to discover the rollers where set up to narrow for his truck! Sorry guys, I guess I'll have to wait another day to see how this truck does.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, dieseljeeper thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, dieseljeeper liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Well my guy drove an hour to a dyno and only to discover the rollers where set up to narrow for his truck! Sorry guys, I guess I'll have to wait another day to see how this truck does.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Dang that had to be very disappointing for him....

18. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast