Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  74
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CAT Fuel Filter and Stock filter delete questions

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: CAT Fuel Filter and Stock filter delete questions

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    Relocate the engine fuel filter to the rear next to the water fuel separator? That's a good idea, beastprojects did that on his cummins.

Click on the link to watch the video.

The adapter for the fuel water separator comes with a new sensor.
    I watched that video I have another video I found that is supposed to show you how to put them both in rear of truck and work with wiring I'll have to watch it and see, they are using black market also and using stock water fuel separator all mounted in rear. I like your set up better as your filters are cheaper and better. I just need to figure how you got water fuel separator to work. Where did you plug sensor in, to not get check engine light. Thanks for the reply with all the info . I appreciate it

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Cat has a great reputation for quality products. Only down fall is hunting to find cheap prices. Many have sworn by them. I use Donaldson, but if the Cat prices were cheaper, I'd through them on too.

Using a satellite filter unit has no issues if installed properly. A major plus is you can install making it easier to switch filters out.

Or you could use the Donaldson replacement for the Cat instead at a cheaper price: $8.60.
    I buy many filters from them. https://www.filterspro.com/DONALDSON...p_1005499.html
    I ended up buying the cat fuel filter delete from black market performance along with the fuel water seperator too. I called up the supply people I deal with at work for filters and I can get Donaldson filters around $10 $ 15 bucks apiece. Good call. Good call old biker!! Mush appreciated

4. Thanks watersupply189, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MC250r719 View Post
    Are trying to eliminate one of the filters completely?

I have the Black Market Performance fuel filter and fuel water separator adapter kits installed on my truck so I can run a CAT fuel filter up front (takes the place of the factory cartridge filter) and a CAT water fuel separator in the back (takes the place of the factory water fuel separator)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9471[/ATTACH

]Attachment 9472
    After searching and reading all this afternoon I ended up getting the same kit as you.

I appreciate all you posted. Big help!!

Along with all the links. I too bought them from Black Market Performance. It should be here next week.

People like you Old biker and others on here are what make this such a great sight and place to discuss options for your Cummings truck.

Thanks again!!

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timshooter40 View Post
    After searching and reading all this afternoon I ended up getting the same kit as you. I appreciate all you posted. Big help!! Along with all the links. I too bought them from Black market performance. Should be here next week. People like you Old biker and others on here are what make this such a great sight and place to discuss options for your Cummings truck. Thanks again!!
    Thank you for the kind words, If I can throw my 2 cents in and help I always try.

If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

8. Thanks timshooter40, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Sorry I realized I forgot to update with what I ended up doing.

Bought the CAT filter kit from dieselfuelfilters and put a new stock in as well at present.

Once I install the new lift pump post delete, I plan to add the stock filter delete.

I figure more filtration is better at this point.

Kit was easy enough to install and my local Cummins dealer has filters cheap enough at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks timshooter40 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Well today I installed the cat fuel filter and water separator I received from Black market performance.

Install went well fairly simple, took me 5 hrs to do both some of those pesky clips gave me fits but I won in the end.

I did have to call Black Market, as I was concerned that the rear water separator filter.

Upon install you unplug the wif sensor and the heater plug on top. I did not know that was a heater plug and I thought it would through a code.

All good as it is not needed, just plug in wif sensor that is supplied with filter and your good to go, leave plug on top empty.

Very happy with kit.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timshooter40 View Post
    Well today I installed the cat fuel filter and water seperator I recieved from Black market performance. Install went well fairly simple, took me 5 hrs to do both some of those pesky clips gave me fits but I won in the end. I did have to call Black Market, as I was concerned that the rear water seperator filter . Upon install you unplug the wif sensor and the heater plug on top ,I did not know that was a heater plug and I thought it would through a code. All good as it is not needed, just plug in wif sensor that is supplied with filter and your good to go, leave plug on top empty. Very happy with kit.
    Sounds like a nice setup, but do you loose the fuel heater function?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Likes timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Yes you do. But you can put a cover over top of canister. I never needed one before on my 01 5.9 ,I had my air dog ll mounted on frame underneath the driver's side . Living in Northern idaho it gets cold in winter. Low teens to -0 s a few weeks but mostly teens to high 30s for most of winter.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

16. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

@Akbob I do know that the Black market performance has a fuel filter heater you can buy.

It is extra $ but the price didn't seem bad and is easy to put on and connects to existing harness.

I've never had problems, but I add additives to my fuel every other tank as I don't get down past 1/2 tank before I fill up during winter.

Like I said I have never had problems in cold weather down to - 15* I haven't been in any colder weather than that but truck started fine.

18. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Just ordered this setup and they had a black Friday coupon thanks for sharing.

I was just about to order replacement filters it was about that time to change.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast