Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo covered in soot

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo covered in soot

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Okay yeah your about maxed on boost for the stock turbo. Hey no worries man whenever you post it up here I'd be glad to look at it for you. I'll have to do some research to see if you can replace the seal on the actuator yourself but If I remember correctly all you can do is take off the cover for it before you have to be really careful and precise working on it. Who tuned the truck?
    Double R Diesel.

2016,ram 2500,black,egr delete,DPF delete, throttle body delete, 4 inch flo pro turbo back exhaust,mm3 tuner,33x11.5 tires,6000k hid head lights.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I thought so he has great tuning; has it gone past 22,000 consistently before?

As far as your leak you should be able to remove the actuator and replace the O-ring there

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I thought so he has great tuning; has it gone past 22,000 consistently before?

As far as your leak you should be able to remove the actuator and replace the O-ring there.
    It hovers rate around 22-23 k then dies off after about 5-10 seconds no more than that as far as it sticking.

2016,ram 2500,black,egr delete,DPF delete, throttle body delete, 4 inch flo pro turbo back exhaust,mm3 tuner,33x11.5 tires,6000k hid head lights.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Alright shoot Ray a message and ask him he knows more about that then I do.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Alright shoot Ray a message and ask him he knows more about that then I do.
    Could that be from the leak?

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I don't think it would be from that leak because it has nothing to do with the fuel system it would have to be somewhere in the tuning. now 22k psi is plenty for the truck to function properly

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I don't think it would be from that leak because it has nothing to do with the fuel system it would have to be somewhere in the tuning. now 22k psi is plenty for the truck to function properly
    The sticking at 22k then dieing off concerns me

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thesootchucker View Post
    The sticking at 22k then dieing off concerns me

Alright so since you are making 22k the CP3 is fine but the problem might rely with the rail pressure relief valve. The fuel rail plug that fixes this problem is about $48 Clayton from @DDP can get you one no problem

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Alright so since you are making 22k the CP3 is fine but the problem might rely with the rail pressure relief valve. The fuel rail plug that fixes this problem is about $48 Clayton from @DDP can get you one no problem

Ive heard mixed things about the plug is it safe in your opinion?

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

So the concern most people have is the fuel rail over pressurizing and exploding/cracking but the factory and most modified CP3's wont make enough pressure to cause damage. I have a plug installed on my truck so I dont have to worry about it on long road trips

20. Thanks watersupply189, thesootchucker thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast