Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Egr unplugged?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Egr unplugged?

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    As far as I am concerned the best thing you can do is get rid of the BS crapola period hate that crap
    Back then it cost $2500 for all that crapola when you bought the truck. And it cost you $2500 to get rid of it. LOL

O7 to 09 it was considered voluntary by the EPA. You have to read the statute. Mandatory on 2010. By 10, 99% of the problems were worked out. That made us early 6.7 owners lab rats. I love paying for something that they are using for development. How about you? I opted to dump the whole system. I am sure it extended the life of the engine 10 fold.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hey @Polaraco, with this picture can you tell me which ones I need to unplug?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsBoyTx89 View Post
    Hey @Polaraco, with this picture can you tell me which ones I need to unplug?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...215dc52372.jpg

This is better. My PM's don't work right. Something in my pooter. I have a work around for posting. It's only when I reply to someone. One of these days, I'll get @IGOTACUMMINS to help me fix it.

The EGR and that silver thing below it. The plug for the EGR is obvious. The silver thing is the flapper. Looking at it from the front. the plug is on the left side in the rear of it. If you're young and skinny, you can get up there and look behind to locate it. There's a little red locking tab on the plug. It's perpendicular to the wiring. You need to slide that out before you can depress the release. If you lose the red tab, don't fret. I lose them all the time on purpose. LOL Seems to me, the plug is vertical (Facing up and down). A can't describe it any better

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Thanks CumminsBoyTx89 thanked for this post
    Likes CumminsBoyTx89 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    This is better. My PM's don't work right. Something in my pooter. I have a work around for posting. It's only when I reply to someone. One of these days, I'll get @IGOTACUMMINS to help me fix it.

The EGR and that silver thing below it. The plug for the EGR is obvious. The silver thing is the flapper. Looking at it from the front. the plug is on the left side in the rear of it. If you're young and skinny, you can get up there and look behind to locate it. There's a little red locking tab on the plug. It's perpendicular to the wiring. You need to slide that out before you can depress the release. If you lose the red tab, don't fret. I lose them all the time on purpose. LOL Seems to me, the plug is vertical (Facing up and down). A can't describe it any better
    Okay just want to make sure I have it correct, the one that is straight ahead in the picture the brown connector, I unplug that one, and then the grey one that's connected to a silver piece just making sure I understand you correct?

7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsBoyTx89 View Post
    Okay just want to make sure I have it correct, the one that is straight ahead in the picture the brown connector, I unplug that one, and then the grey one that's connected to a silver piece just making sure I understand you correct?

Yup. The brown one is the EGR itself

8. Thanks CumminsBoyTx89 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Yup. The brown one is the EGR itself
    Okay and other than a CEL I won't have issues with my truck going into limp mode or anything like that correcf?

10. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

@CumminsBoy89
    At the risk of confusing everyone, Steve is not talking about the gray plug that is plugged into the "silver thing" that is left of the brown egr plug in the pic. He is talking about the silver throttle valve that is below the egr plug on the pic. And that plug can not be seen in the pic as it's on the back side of the intake horn and throttle valve. Put it this way if you see a plug back there and it's way to easy to get too, that's not the right one LOL. The "flapper" throttle valve is kinda of a pain. Once you do it once though it's not to bad. As far as how it runs just unplug and see. Worst you'll have to do is plug back in.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

11. Thanks CumminsBoyTx89 thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    @CumminsBoy89
    At the risk of confusing everyone, Steve is not talking about the gray plug that is plugged into the "silver thing" that is left of the brown egr plug in the pic. He is talking about the silver throttle valve that is below the egr plug on the pic. And that plug can not be seen in the pic as it's on the back side of the intake horn and throttle valve. Put it this way if you see a plug back there and it's way to easy to get too, that's not the right one LOL. The "flapper" throttle valve is kinda of a pain. Once you do it once though it's not to bad. As far as how it runs just unplug and see. Worst you'll have to do is plug back in.
    Cross your fingers

13. Thanks CumminsBoyTx89 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

@Polaraco is this the flapper valve connector?

15. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Or is it connected to this black thing cause I reached around what I believe is my intake horn and felt a connection on it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast