Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will This Work?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Will This Work?

Shopping around for a compound set-up. Friend at work offered an old Precision turbo he purchased used for his Ford Lightening. Part# PTB 600-1875. The A/R is .75.. Question is since this is new to me will this work. Are kits purchased specific to every turbo. Also thinking this will create too much back pressure for a daily driver and while pulling?
    Oh yeah, so I don't get yelled at, '06 3500 G56 VALAIR DD clutch Solid Flywheel + 90 injectors and no Cat

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Goo boy

If the exhaust flange is a T4, you might be able to reuse the discharge elbow off your existing 351 trubo. Usually they are ordered to the app. Maybe you can get the parts you need from precision?

I would check their site out for specs and part numbers to start with

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I second what polaraco is saying. And with twins you generally want a larger exhaust housing for the top turbo so more exhaust gases can be sent to the bottom turbo. My top turbo in my twins is a 14cm. But you will have to see about the exhaust side of that turbo to see how you can plumb it I to your set up. most twin kits rely on a Hx40 style flange for twin kits

My rig:

01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 that I built. Mods: 8in Top gun customz long arm hit with 6in atlas springs in the rear, full bilsteins, 37s, fully built transmission with sun coast parts, full auto meter colbalt gauges, fuel pressure, over all boost, bottom turbo boost, tranny temp, egts, 4.10s, custom 3.5in intake horn, grid heater delete, II super dragon flow 11 hole injectors, Tst power max 3 comp smarty stack, twin double batmo wheel twins s362 62/68/14 over a s475 both with polished turbine housings, stainless diesel stainless steel polished exhaust manifold, fass 150 gph fuel system, aux tranny cooler, full pinoeer componet speaker system, flip out screen, 12in rockford fosgate power T2 sub wired to 1 ohm pushed by a 1000watt rockford fosgate ampAll comes together to be called the BDD

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silentone3389 View Post
    I second what polaraco is saying. And with twins you generally want a larger exhaust housing for the top turbo so more exhaust gases can be sent to the bottom turbo. My top turbo in my twins is a 14cm. But you will have to see about the exhaust side of that turbo to see how you can plumb it I to your set up. most twin kits rely on a Hx40 style flange for twin kits
    Glad I got something right. Throw enough schtuff against the wall and some is bound to stick.

I know nothing about twins. . . .

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

LOL let's just say I've bought 6 Turbos because I was indecisive LOL

My rig:

01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 that I built. Mods: 8in Top gun customz long arm hit with 6in atlas springs in the rear, full bilsteins, 37s, fully built transmission with sun coast parts, full auto meter colbalt gauges, fuel pressure, over all boost, bottom turbo boost, tranny temp, egts, 4.10s, custom 3.5in intake horn, grid heater delete, II super dragon flow 11 hole injectors, Tst power max 3 comp smarty stack, twin double batmo wheel twins s362 62/68/14 over a s475 both with polished turbine housings, stainless diesel stainless steel polished exhaust manifold, fass 150 gph fuel system, aux tranny cooler, full pinoeer componet speaker system, flip out screen, 12in rockford fosgate power T2 sub wired to 1 ohm pushed by a 1000watt rockford fosgate ampAll comes together to be called the BDD

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You could always toss one or 2 my way. I'll be happy to test em out for ya LOL. As for if that turbo would work... if you can plumb it up, it very well might. The AR makes me think it would work better as a single tho.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That's what I was thinking, with that small of an ar it's geared toward a single. But you could always see if they can change the exhaust housing

My rig:

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thanks for the knowledge! I've decided against the extra headache. Also went to a local shop today and was told it would be too small. I have a lot to learn.

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Anything I may be interested in?

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

LOL this is over the past 5 years I only have 3 and they are all accounted for :/ sorry

My rig:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast