Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tow Mirror Puddle Light?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Tow mirror puddle light

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Hopefully they are working on it. Esp since they did just do the high and low beams together. Ide love to be able to turn on my lights on my mirrors without paying for a flash at the dealer.
    That or allow running light on mirror with out diode install

uodate- pulled fuse F10 and f24 with no change. Local shop hooked up scanner and showed store code “lost connection with SCM”
    still no change.

guess I’ll buy a new door module- online that are about $85

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    That or allow running light on mirror with out diode install

uodate- pulled fuse F10 and f24 with no change. Local shop hooked up scanner and showed store code “lost connection with SCM”
    still no change.

guess I’ll buy a new door module- online that are about $85
    That would be pretty slick. So what is it you did to get the running light to stay on? I could care less about them acting as turn signals and what not. Just so they come on as a running light. And dang man. It was worth a shot anyways.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I haven’t done it...looked many times at this kit. You have to splice into the factory wiring harness. If I had cab lights on my truck I would likely have done this already but I figure between adding cab lights and these I will have an issue somewhere...just by installer error LOL

https://boostautoparts.com/products/...g-light-signal

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

LOL i gotcha. I i like it. Might be in the near future.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    LOL i gotcha. I i like it. Might be in the near future.
    Update- Passenger side new mirror does not have puddle light work. It does when I plug OEM mirror back in...I know better than to buy off ebay but they had 5 stars with 238 purchases. I messaged seller to make it right. Overall I think I could live without puddle lights BUT now I am wondering if I could get my AMP step lights to kick on as my puddle lights....that would be slick since they are way brighter

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Update- Passenger side new mirror does not have puddle light work. It does when I plug OEM mirror back in...I know better than to buy off ebay but they had 5 stars with 238 purchases. I messaged seller to make it right. Overall I think I could live without puddle lights BUT now I am wondering if I could get my AMP step lights to kick on as my puddle lights....that would be slick since they are way brighter
    Ahhh. Yeah i would just do that for sure. The little light on the mirror wont be nothin compared to that LOL

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I know this is an old thread but did you ever resolve the puddle light issue?
    I replaced my puddle lights with Morimoto and they have worked great for over a year but now the passenger side has stopped working. I know the light is good. I put a test light on the wiring and have no power to the light. Drivers side works great.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but did you ever resolve the puddle light issue?
    I replaced my puddle lights with Morimoto and they have worked great for over a year but now the passenger side has stopped working. I know the light is good. I put a test light on the wiring and have no power to the light. Drivers side works great.
    Looking at the diagram for my 2014 it looks like they are calling the puddle lights “approach mirror lamps”. I would check the passenger side door module for possible loose connections or broken wires, especially the C3 connector. See attached information.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, Corkey liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Looking at the diagram for my 2014 it looks like they are calling the puddle lights “approach mirror lamps”. I would check the passenger side door module for possible loose connections or broken wires, especially the C3 connector. See attached information.
    Thanks Bob, I will definitely check into that as soon as it stops raining here which isn’t suppose to stop until the weekend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Likes AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Thanks Bob, I will definitely check into that as soon as it stops raining here which isn’t suppose to stop until the weekend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4
    Sounds like a good plan; raining here also.

Looking at the circuit diagram again, you will want to look at C1 and C2 connectors on the passenger side door module and C2 & C3 on the Lamp Approach/Mirror Turn Indicator Right.

Let me know if you need the exact location of them.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, Corkey liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast