Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  74
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'll Still Be Around But........

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'll Still Be Around But........

So are you worried at all about that cp4? I had an LML lemon back in 12 that the dealer never got to run right. Some of the subs i use have had that injection pump let go and it cost plenty to replace the entire fuel system. Sometimes the dealer will cover it if they find absolutely no rust or contamination. That pump was always on my mind. I ran an additive every tank and added a FASS 95 to hopefully help it last.
    I will say that my 12 with the Allison was a great transmission.

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Re: I'll Still Be Around But........

Do a 10 mil CP3 conversion along with full deletes and a s475 over stock turbo and you will have one awesome running truck.. I know from experience.. Also reliable too..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17 model Bright White Ram 2500 4x4 with the G56 transmission.. All stock right now

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    If I were going to do that, I'd do a 6.7 with the 6 speed. I beat the crap out of my 68 speed and it kept going

Cool. I'm three pedal biased so I would have to go with a manual transmission with the swap.

5. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHerzog View Post
    So are you worried at all about that cp4? I had an LML lemon back in 12 that the dealer never got to run right. Some of the subs i use have had that injection pump let go and it cost plenty to replace the entire fuel system. Sometimes the dealer will cover it if they find absolutely no rust or contamination. That pump was always on my mind. I ran an additive every tank and added a FASS 95 to hopefully help it last.
    I will say that my 12 with the Allison was a great transmission.
    Gonna install lift pump for sure. Not sure if that puts less stress on cp4, but can't hurt, and the filtration will be better. CP3 conversion definitely in the future. Bit like I said earlier I personally see the cp4 on trucks with low and high miles everyday and no problems. But then I've also read the stories too LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Nice truck! Can’t go wrong with any of the three diesels! I hope you still have your fancy driving shoes though!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

9. Thanks RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Nice truck! Can’t go wrong with any of the three diesels! I hope you still have your fancy driving shoes though!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    Oh yeah! I've had them so long that they are actually coming back in style.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

11. Likes theaaronbush, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123