Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: popping when turning

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: popping when turning

Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    @Rhinopkc

Please elaborate! I just installed after market wheels and there are small copper colored clips on some of the studs, but not all of them. Are those the clips your talking about?
    Yes. Remove them.
    Also, this thread seems like a good place to ask this. I just instilled a Carli 2.5 leveling kit with an adjustable track bar. I installed the kit and had the front end aligned the next day. I have been running it for about a week and yesterday developed a pop when I turn the left. It pops at 1/2 to a 1/4 turn before lock and it does it wile sitting still almost every time. Tonight I got under it and put a 18" 3/4 drive ratchet on the bolts and couldn't budge them. The pop defiantly sounded like it was coming form the track bar on frame connection side. Dose anyone know what the torque spec for those bolts are? I'll try again tomorrow with a cheater bar.
    Torque the jam nut on the track bar Heim to at least 200ft-lb and the track bar bolts to 265. Have someone reproduce the popping while you're under the truck watching for slack.

2. Thanks dieseljeeper thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I had the exact same popping post alignment with a Thuren track bar. Went down and torqued the nuts down to 210ft/lbs never had a problem since.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren Leveling Springs | Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    Yes. Remove them.

Torque the jam nut on the track bar Heim to at least 200ft-lb and the track bar bolts to 265. Have someone reproduce the popping while you're under the truck watching for slack.
    Thanks! I'll get this taken care of firt thing in the morning.
    @jas

Hope you didn't tare anything up too bad man

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Yes. Remove them.

I've had a popping ever since the recall repair for my tie rod end. It's in my steering column/wheel. On my 3rd clockspring + the factory
    Every time I put one in it goes away for a very short time. Then right back

My alignment is good but time for another. Steering wheel has been off ever since recall repair. So the track bar needs messed with. I've adjusted it but no help. It's pulled the wheel slightly to center but has gone back again

Nothing is worn underneath. Almost all parts are new. They are OEM/Mopar replacement

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Yes. Remove them.

I torqued the everything on the track bar and seemed to have stoped the poping.

I alos pulled my wheels off and get the got all the little brass clips off the studs. After my leveling kit, wheels-tires and alignment I was havaing a slight vibration. Now that the clips are gone the vibration is gone. Thanks again for the info @Rhinopkc

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I torqued the everything on the track bar and seemed to have stoped the poping.

I alos pulled my wheels off and get the got all the little brass clips off the studs. After my leveling kit, wheels-tires and alignment I was havaing a slight vibration. Now that the clips are gone the vibration is gone. Thanks again for the info @Rhinopkc
    Those clips can wreck you! Most aftermarket wheels do not have reliefs cut into them for those things, so you end up with wobbly, improperly clamped mating surfaces. If you don't catch it, wheels go flying, and the ride gets interesting.

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Those clips can wreck you! Most aftermarket wheels do not have reliefs cut into them for those things, so you end up with wobbly, improperly clamped mating surfaces. If you don't catch it, wheels go flying, and the ride gets interesting.
    I could see that man. It became very evident to me wile I was getting them off that there was no way the flat back side of the wheel was tightening up correctly to the hub. I completely missed it when I put the wheels on.

10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    I've had a popping ever since the recall repair for my tie rod end. It's in my steering column/wheel. On my 3rd clockspring + the factory
    Every time I put one in it goes away for a very short time. Then right back

My alignment is good but time for another. Steering wheel has been off ever since recall repair. So the track bar needs messed with. I've adjusted it but no help. It's pulled the wheel slightly to center but has gone back again

Nothing is worn underneath. Almost all parts are new. They are OEM/Mopar replacement
    What year is your truck? You should take a look at Thurens website in the tech section. He has an awesome write up about the factory alignment specs are ****. I followed his specs on my 2016 and Truck rides like a dream. Worth a read

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren Leveling Springs | Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    What year is your truck? You should take a look at Thurens website in the tech section. He has an awesome write up about the factory alignment specs are ****. I followed his specs on my 2016 and Truck rides like a dream. Worth a read

09 2500 mega cab

12. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    09 2500 mega cab
    https://www.thurenfabrication.com/te...-handling.html

13. Likes dieseljeeper liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast