Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift Kit

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lift Kit

Anybody have a opinions for a tuff country 6 inch long arm kit for a 2012 cummins ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Lift Kit

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Nice looking truck

2017 2500 Black Larime CCSB | AFE CAI | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel

2017 Ram 2500 CCSB | AFE CAI | 4" Straight Pipe | MM3 Tuned by Anarchy

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Black Bella liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

As much as some people don't want to admit it, I have been an advocate of not lifting these. Been found I was right. there is always issues after the fact. Truck looks cool but not reliable anymore. I've seen death wobbles no matter whose kit. But it's your truck. Just voicing my $.02

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes Black Bella, AnOldBiker liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I personally wouldn't run a thing from Tuff Country on any vehicle. From what I've seen of their kits they're cheap junk that does the bare minimum to get your vehicle up into the air and doesn't properly address a number of issues that come into play when lifting. You'd be far better off looking at BDS or Zone.

9. Likes Black Bella liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
    I personally wouldn't run a thing from Tuff Country on any vehicle. From what I've seen of their kits they're cheap junk that does the bare minimum to get your vehicle up into the air and doesn't properly address a number of issues that come into play when lifting. You'd be far better off looking at BDS or Zone.
    Ya iv been a big fan of BDS. Their warranty is awesome. I was thinking of the zone just because it's cheaper but I haven't really heard anything good about them.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I just received my Carli Back Country 2.0 3" kit w/ Bilstein 5160s from @CJC Off Road, now just have to find some time to install it.
    Wasn't cheap, but I only plan on doing this once.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DanO liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    As much as some people don't want to admit it, I have been an advocate of not lifting these. Been found I was right. there is always issues after the fact. Truck looks cool but not reliable anymore. I've seen death wobbles no matter whose kit. But it's your truck. Just voicing my $.02

I hate to say it but I agree with this oldman.
    It was designed this way and when you change things like this, just lifting to look good, without changing angles of all the other parts is asking for costly problems later. There's lots more design changes involved to it to be safe.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I disagree as long as it's under 3-4 inches of lift. 3 inch or less for sure. Spend the money and don't go cheap, and your fine. It's a get what you pay for kinda thing. Quality parts, professionally installed are ok. My dealer even told me a couple of inches with cheap spacers won't effect warranty or the geometry of the front end. Not that you can count on them, and I didn't, as I spent the money on quality springs and track bar. Just saying.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I disagree as long as it's under 3-4 inches of lift. 3 inch or less for sure. Spend the money and don't go cheap, and your fine. It's a get what you pay for kinda thing. Quality parts, professionally installed are ok. My dealer even told me a couple of inches with cheap spacers won't effect warranty or the geometry of the front end. Not that you can count on them, and I didn't, as I spent the money on quality springs and track bar. Just saying.
    It's the engineer in me.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast