Thanks Thanks:  119
Likes Likes:  235
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's have some Fun WHY DID YOU GET THE TRUCK YOU ARE DRIVING TODAY?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Let's have some Fun WHY DID YOU GET THE TRUCK YOU ARE DRIVING TODAY?

@watersupply189
    Thank You soooo much Joe

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Laramie MC 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    HA!!
    Here we go.....
    I blame it all on my husband LOL. When I first met him he had a 03 Cummins 6spd cclb leveled/chipped (old school talk back then LOL). It was a sweet truck and he looked damn good in it I was driving a as he called it a Ford Exploder (LOL) at the time.
    The first time he let me drive his Cummins he made sure I knew how to drive a stick, like, duh
    He was impressed so I got to drive it the whole day!! Whoop Whoop for me That day was awesome, the more I drove it the more I loved it, you can say it was an ‘instant bond’ . So, as our dating got more serious he said it was time to let go of the Exploder and start searching for my first diesel truck.... well, we searched around and didn’t find anything that caught our eyes with the Cummins. We did find a 02 Dirtymax with a 6” lift w/canopy wheels/tires and ‘untouched’ so she became my 1st Diesel, he said it would be a good beginners truck as far as learning all about diesels and doing pm’s, which I had a lot to learn and maintain. Almost had her a year and she was in the shop twice (under warranty, whewwww!) After the 2nd time he said its time to trade up and get the real diesel so I ended up with the 06 Cummins ccsb (sport pkg) got a good deal on her and he helped with giving her a leveling kit and CAI, he said I need to study up on tuners to see what’s best, so I took her down to the shop (where I took my dirtymax for pms,etc and still go there till this day, take all my diesels to them, good guys they are!!) At that time the Smarty’s/Jrs were the happening tuner so I then deleted the cat and had her straight piped OH YEAAAH !!! Good times and vibes with that truck!! I have a lot of respect for the 5.9’s !!!!! Then one day I came home and guess what was sitting in the driveway, a 06 Cummins cclb dually with the sports pkg and 6” lift !! We had our first HIS & HERS matching trucks !! Then he heard about the 6.7 coming out so he had to go and trade up, he bought a brand new 2008, the salesman gave it all thumbs up, all positive feedback, well...... He bought it on a Saturday and by the following Tuesday he got the famous DPF fault, yep... so he called our in town dealership and the tech said “oh yeah, with the 6.7’s you gotta drive lt like you stole it or it will plug up” my husband was livid! This was a brand new vehicle and fuel prices at that time were above $4/gal. Mind you the 6.7’s were still new to the market and delete kits were not available at that time. He was not calm and screamed back over the phone that he did not spend x amount of $$ just to drive it like he stole it so he called the dealership where he bought it from and said he will be back down the following Saturday and they better give him a good deal on a used Cummins, so he went from 03 to 06 to 08 to 05 LOL.... so, back to my truck, sorry, got side tracked.... I am a woman after all, you have to know the whole story i was planning on keeping my 06 forever only because that was the last of the 5.9’s and the 6.7’s were having issues (just like any other car/make when they revamp) but as time went on and delete kits came readily available I went down to the shop to talk with my boys and told them I would look into buying a 2013 Cummins and they both said NO at the same time LOL, I asked them why NO and they said because the DEF will be added to the equation, ughhh so they suggested I go buy a 12’ yep, so traded the 06 for a brand new 12 6spd . Quick funny to this story, when the manager was doing his walk around with the 06 he got underneath and was looking around, I see his head turn both ways then as he was getting up he then asked where the ‘cat’ was, I being the smart a$$ that I am said that I woke up one morning and ‘poof, it was gone’ .... the look on my husbands face...priceless My husband usually tells me to keep quiet whenever we are at a dealership cus I have the gift to gab, not usually in his favor though LOL, I’m just too honest of a person, haha. The manager on the other hand did not see any humor in it as he knew what ‘happened’ just wanted me to say it. NOPE !
    We had the the 12 deleted with all the beginning mods/upgrades (H&S Mini) and did some personal touches/graphics to let it be known she was woman owned I had a lot of compliments with her.
    Over the years my husband and I have had 3 sets of HIS & HERS matching Rams... one with the Cummins and 2 with the Hemi Powerwagons. He now goes back and forth between the Powerwagons and the Rubicons, he just can’t make up his mind LOL, which brings me to my current Cummins... the 14’ MC Laramie... at one point when he had his 2nd to the last rubicon and decided he wanted back to a truck he couldn’t decide hemi or Cummins soooo, once again we go shopping and we came across the 14 Cummins. He was gonna trade his 14 rubicon for it but he also saw a nice new 17 DSI rubicon that he fell in love with so I traded my 12 for the 14 and he traded his 14 Rubi for a 17 Rubi LOL...... and that is the end..... as of now who knows what he’s gonna trade up for next week, tommorrow, next year, who knows, stay tuned..... but for me, I’m definitely keeping my truck !!!!
    Ok... the end !!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b2e24305fc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b1490a0d36.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...573ac81919.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b0513f43fd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7101207cbd.jpg

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    You were always known to be full of it. LOL

Where's the fishing poll mounts?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    It came together perfectly!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    @watersupply189
    Thank You soooo much Joe

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    Don't patronize her too much Joe. She recently infiltrated another friend of mine and corrupting her too

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Don't patronize her too much Joe. She recently infiltrated another friend of mine and corrupting her too
    LOL!!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

LOL ....
    Oh bother.....
    Hey!! That reminds me I have another one of your friends to go after too

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

You were always known to be full of it. LOL

Where's the fishing poll mounts?
    LOL, You hush it Steve

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

THANK YOU so much Joe !!!

Didn’t realize how long it was till I read it when I got done and I didn’t dare to leave any part out because it all came together on how I got hooked on the Cummins.

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    Funny.... All I got out of it was 'it was a bright sunny day.... Blah blah blah' then a bunch of really nice truck pics

JK. Great story!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Funny.... All I got out of it was 'it was a bright sunny day.... Blah blah blah' then a bunch of really nice truck pics

JK. Great story!!

Greg
    Hahahaha LOL

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

16. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, Power247 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Let's have some Fun WHY DID YOU GET THE TRUCK YOU ARE DRIVING TODAY?

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post

JK. Great story!!

Greg

HA!!! THANKS Greg !!!

You know, that song is already stuck in my head LOL Trying to think of what 70’s or 80’s shows played that song.... Patridge Family ?!? Nah, not that show.... hmmmmm.... time to google

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Let's have some Fun WHY DID YOU GET THE TRUCK YOU ARE DRIVING TODAY?

HA!!! THANKS Greg !!!

You know, that song is already stuck in my head LOL Trying to think of what 70’s or 80’s shows played that song.... Patridge Family ?!? Nah, not that show.... hmmmmm.... time to google

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    Just googled the song and it did NOT play in any shows but a couple of movies, silly me.

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast