Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk about uh-oh (and shes my only ride)

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Talk about uh-oh (and shes my only ride)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I completely understand that LOL. So I've never done injectors. And you would think 10 mins would be enough. I would just double check all your work. Make sure that connection is good and tight. Put it back together and let it run. I dont rhink that connection would cause your tail pressure to drop out. I'm bettin there is just a bunch of air in the system. Hopefully someone else with a little more experience will chime in. But if it was me and it was my truck I would let her run a bit. And see if it starts to clear up. I have been told before a half hour.
    Man the more i think of it, the more i feel like a dunce for not trying it... it makes perfect since, plenty of time for plenty of air to make its way in the system. A second chime in wouldnt hurt, but so far thats the llan when i get home. Tripple check all fittings and let her run a bit. I can never thank you guys enough!

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I completely understand that LOL. So I've never done injectors. And you would think 10 mins would be enough. I would just double check all your work. Make sure that connection is good and tight. Put it back together and let it run. I dont rhink that connection would cause your tail pressure to drop out. I'm bettin there is just a bunch of air in the system. Hopefully someone else with a little more experience will chime in. But if it was me and it was my truck I would let her run a bit. And see if it starts to clear up. I have been told before a half hour.
    The more i think of it the more it makes sense... especially considering i took the whole rail out of my way. Thats my plan of attack after work... double check all of my fittings then let her run for a while. Maybe even set her at about 1200 rpm...
    Still open to other suggestions though.
    I could NEVER thank you gud enough for the help!

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Classy-or-nasty View Post
    Man the more i think of it, the more i feel like a dunce for not trying it... it makes perfect since, plenty of time for plenty of air to make its way in the system. A second chime in wouldnt hurt, but so far thats the llan when i get home. Tripple check all fittings and let her run a bit. I can never thank you guys enough!
    Hey man ain't no one can blame you for not wanting to mess your truck up. Esp when it's something new that you've never done before. We all do it. And then the broken stud probably just had you even more worried. Post back after you try it with an update. Ol boy at work had a head off a hemi and it skipped like a mofo when he started it back up. So hes thinking he got the push rods mixed up. Nope a coil just went bad. Just an example of how things play out and how things get overthought even by guys who have been doing their trade for 20+ years.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

The more i think of it the more it makes sense... especially considering i took the whole rail out of my way. Thats my plan of attack after work... double check all of my fittings then let her run for a while. Maybe even set her at about 1200 rpm...
    Didnt mean to post twice, the first wasnt showing even after a refresh

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Hey man ain't no one can blame you for not wanting to mess your truck up. Esp when it's something new that you've never done before. We all do it. And then the broken stud probably just had you even more worried. Post back after you try it with an update. Ol boy at work had a head off a hemi and it skipped like a mofo when he started it back up. So hes thinking he got the push rods mixed up. Nope a coil just went bad. Just an example of how things play out and how things get overthought even by guys who have been doing their trade for 20+ years.
    I certainly will! And true that. That is my biggest fear going into the diesel repair industry (almost done with school infact); im the worlds worst about overthinking.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I certainly will! And true that. That is my biggest fear going into the diesel repair industry (almost done with school infact); im the worlds worst about overthinking.
    We all are. Just remember a few things when you get out there. Theres gonna be times where your wrong and your gonna mess up. When it comes to diag never rush yourself because it is very easy to come to a conclusion and be wrong on someone else's dime.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

7. Likes Classy-or-nasty liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

The grand total is less than 15 minutes... if even 10 minutes... but im scared to push her and goof something even further..
    What kind of run time does it take in your exoerience?
    Couple of alligator clips covered with a piece if shrink wrap left loose will work.

As far as the rail pressure is concerned, did you install new crossover tubes? Or did you get the tips dirty when installing them? Very easy to get 5 and 6 dirty. You really need to work real clean. If you contaminated the tubes, you may have ruined the injector. Did you follow the installation procedure for the injectors and tubes? If those ***** don't sit just right in the injector, they will dump fuel. Left to leak too long and they will wear a groove in the ball and seat. That's 5 to 25,000 PSI your messing with. Ever hear of water cutting steel? Same deal.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Do you have a tuner? It should show you the rail pressure.

You can purge the air from the rail with the lift pump. Turn the key on and wait 2 minutes. Without turning the keep off, just tap the starter and the pump will run another 1.5 min. Repeat that 3 or 4 times. You can loosen your return line and see if you have a stead stream coming from the lift pump. Usually, the rail will purge pretty quickly.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Update: came home, tried to run her longer, and got nothin, still dumping unburnt fuel. Still really low fuel. No fittings leaking, all connections tight on fuel system.

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Couple of alligator clips covered with a piece if shrink wrap left loose will work.

As far as the rail pressure is concerned, did you install new crossover tubes? Or did you get the tips dirty when installing them? Very easy to get 5 and 6 dirty. You really need to work real clean. If you contaminated the tubes, you may have ruined the injector. Did you follow the installation procedure for the injectors and tubes? If those ***** don't sit just right in the injector, they will dump fuel. Left to leak too long and they will wear a groove in the ball and seat. That's 5 to 25,000 PSI your messing with. Ever hear of water cutting steel? Same deal.
    It was very hard to get to #6 to clean injector bore, also hard to stab #6 without scraping what may have been a still-oily sirface (despit how hard i tried to clean. I did follow service info to a T. Though i didnt have crows feet to get torque spec on banjo nuts going to delivery tubes (which i did replace the delivery tubes.) Reckon my next move is to pull each tube and injector 1 by 1 to check fitment. Unless a route should be taken before.
    ALSO* broke pcv hose right where it goes into the rubber grommet to feed into valve cover. But that just happened and will be replaced tomorrow.

15. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast