Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Too much?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Too much?

Tapped my exhaust installing fender flares the other day. Seen this. Started the truck and poof it went. This ain’t normal is it?

This truck will smoke darker than its own paint job. I bet I can hide the entire truck during high noon in its own cloud. So aggravating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersace View Post
    Tapped my exhaust installing fender flares the other day. Seen this. Started the truck and poof it went. This ain’t normal is it?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b526d00221.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e8d4869faa.jpg

This truck will smoke darker than its own paint job. I bet I can hide the entire truck during high noon in its own cloud. So aggravating.

Does that still have the converter chambers in it? We used to call that a stealth exhaust. Knock out the guts of the converters. It looks like converter debri.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Nope. Straight pipe from the turbo back. The previous owner said it was fully deleted. It is not. They only did the exhaust so they could have extra storage. I guess they wanted to be able to carry bottles of water in the exhaust. LOL.

I’m not quite for sure why they wanted the huge tip. I was going to pull that big tip off. But it’s welded.

I know trucks that roll all the time will spot up. But that’s a bit much in my opinion. But I don’t know enough about diesel trucks to know about it.

I’ve spent the past 3 years researching the 7.3 and 6.0 that I had (still have the 6.0) that I got fed up with them constantly breaking down. Then when my 6.0 seized up I said screw it and got another dodge. Just this time I got a diesel instead of gas. So now “I got a Cummins.” LOL.

That really is catchy. Seems to fit perfect.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

No idea what that could be.

Is the forward converter still in place? It's right under the turbo.

If the forward converter is still in place, it could be partially clogged. That would cause allot of smoke

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I know there’s what looks like a flex pipe. I’ll have to crawl back under there today. Didn’t get to make any headway this morning on looking anything over. So I’ll have to try after work.

Seems like I landed on an odd ball year. They didn’t go long with the 3rd gens.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I know there’s what looks like a flex pipe. I’ll have to crawl back under there today. Didn’t get to make any headway this morning on looking anything over. So I’ll have to try after work.

Seems like I landed on an odd ball year. They didn’t go long with the 3rd gens.

I used to get soot like that when I was running just SIMS for the 'delete on the cheap' until I could afford a real race tuner. Proper tuning should clear that right up.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I just got through like 58 post on different tuners. Thought I had a good grasp on it. Til I got to the end and yeah I’m more confused now than when I started it. Seems like only particular ones work with particular models and some don’t work at all.

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I just got through like 58 post on different tuners. Thought I had a good grasp on it. Til I got to the end and yeah I’m more confused now than when I started it. Seems like only particular ones work with particular models and some don’t work at all.

It's enough to make your head spin that's for sure.

The RaceME/Smarty Jr is a good budget friendly option. That's what I had before going to custom tuning and I was very satisfied.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I know that I’ll be upgrading the injectors and turbo on this truck. When I have no idea as right now I feel as I have plenty of power for what I need it to do. But I have been off roading in the truck yet. But I’ve pulled 9,200 lbs with cruise control set at 70 mph. And it pulled like a champ.

I know programmer wise I would like to monitor the engine. So that will eliminate some choices right off the bat. I don’t mind adding some gauges, but I prefer to not loose me grab handle.

15. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I know that I’ll be upgrading the injectors and turbo on this truck. When I have no idea as right now I feel as I have plenty of power for what I need it to do. But I have been off roading in the truck yet. But I’ve pulled 9,200 lbs with cruise control set at 70 mph. And it pulled like a champ.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c7c3b4c915.jpg

I know programmer wise I would like to monitor the engine. So that will eliminate some choices right off the bat. I don’t mind adding some gauges, but I prefer to not loose me grab handle.

I haven’t been off roading yet***. Stupid auto correct.

17. Likes walla2k5 liked this post