Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Of course it’s a dodge thing.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Of course it’s a dodge thing.

After months of searching I finally found the truck I wanted. Just bought this truck a few weeks back. And trying to figure out a few things about it. Time will tell.

Maybe I’ll find some answers here. If not I’m hoping for some laughs then. I’ll settled for a cheeky smile though.

2008 mega cab 2500 6.7L 4x4. With a sunroof.

Currently it’s sad because it smokes like a freight train and blacks out the sky. Trying to figure that one out. But still rocking around 17 mpg.

Pulled 9,200 lbs the 4th day I had it without any issues at all. Very happy with the truck. Just trying to get everything straightened out from the previous owners not exactly taking care of it. Mainly little things that personally annoy me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes dodgemark, walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Of course it’s a dodge thing.

Congratulations and welcome!!

4. Likes walla2k5, Jokersace, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Like the pic of the ram trailering the ford!!! Hahaha. Made me smile. I’m betting previous owner has it tuned with maybe bigger injectors for it to smoke but get good mileage

6. Likes walla2k5, Jokersace, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jokersace View Post
    After months of searching I finally found the truck I wanted. Just bought this truck a few weeks back. And trying to figure out a few things about it. Time will tell.

Maybe I’ll find some answers here. If not I’m hoping for some laughs then. I’ll settled for a cheeky smile though.

2008 mega cab 2500 6.7L 4x4. With a sunroof.

Currently it’s sad because it smokes like a freight train and blacks out the sky. Trying to figure that one out. But still rocking around 17 mpg.

Pulled 9,200 lbs the 4th day I had it without any issues at all. Very happy with the truck. Just trying to get everything straightened out from the previous owners not exactly taking care of it. Mainly little things that personally annoy me though. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f88240505a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c860f80e92.jpg

Welcome to the forum my friend! Glad to have ya here

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

to the forum @Jokersace

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have no idea as to what all was done. I know it came with a tuner, but apparently it’s not a common tuner heard of. Never seen it mentioned and everyone I talk to in person asks what is that. What I was told that was done to the truck is ridiculous. The seller lied through his teeth. Truck was in an accident and damage a few things. They did some cheap “fix it and flip it” work that showed up within hours of owning it and washing it.

That ford is my other truck. Paid 15k for it 2 years ago, dropped another 5k in making it run right. Drove it less than 4K miles then the engine seized up. Less than 15 minutes of first driving it the brakes caught fire. Paid the mechanics in January to replace the engine, 4 weeks ago I picked up the money I gave them and went and bought me this mega cab out of Grand Prairie. Drove back out to Georgia and picked up the pos ford and towed it back. Not for sure what I’m going to do with it.

Now I got a Cummins and I’m enjoying it very well. Except for the smoke. But then again I see every dodge around here helping fighting off these mosquitoes that seem to carry around samurais and are well diverse in secret ninja skills. Thought Texas made those extinct by now.

10. Likes dodgemark, walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I’m assuming this was installed to help fight off the mosquito population? Can’t take it off, they welded it on. But it don’t sound bad or loud in the truck. And I never see it when I get into the truck and drive. Out of sight out of mind. But when I do see it I always ask myself why they would do that to the truck. Makes the tires look so small.

12. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I’m assuming this was installed to help fight off the mosquito population? Can’t take it off, they welded it on. But it don’t sound bad or loud in the truck. And I never see it when I get into the truck and drive. Out of sight out of mind. But when I do see it I always ask myself why they would do that to the truck. Makes the tires look so small.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d2b4bc4ff4.jpg

As the expression goes, "Buyer beware".

Lemme guess. Some kid owned it. Backwoods country? You know the type. ****Spit. . . Ding!!!**** Probably belonged to Cummins Forum. (The Dark Side)

Welcome!

Ok let's try to sort it out. Tell us what you do know about the mods. I didn't see the mileage on it. How about a few shots of the engine bay. I see it was lifted. (These guys will tell you how much I detest lifts)

Talk to Clayton @Dude's Diesel Performance or Ray at DRD. (It would be the same thing either way) Let's start with getting rid of that smoke with a decent tune that makes sense. Smoke is wasted fuel and power.

What did the guy say he had done to it?

I have another light I can put in the window for you. LOL We'll figure it out.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Likes Jokersace, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I always enjoyed a small lift. Around 6-8”. But I also used to do a lot of off roading and my old job in the oil fields kinda required to have a vehicle that could go just about anywhere. I loved that truck. 99 ram 1500 4x4 6” lift with 35’s. this was in uwharrie in North Carolina.

that little girl was the reason why I got stuck. Never go through a mud hole backwards, lesson learned.

the end of the “Tail of the Dragon”.

This truck is stock height. Most stock mechanically. Said it was deleted completely. Only the exhaust is done. The EGR is still on the truck. Don’t know if it’s on or not. Also said it has a stage 2 trans in it built from a shop out of midland, it’s shiny but I don’t think it’s a stage 2. And the front end is suppose to be completely rebuilt with moog parts, it’s not as I just changed out the worn out sway bar bushings and end link bushings.

The tuner is a punisher performance product called “the reaper”. Don’t know much about it. But I changed the tune from whatever it was on to number 4 and now it don’t smoke as bad. But constantly hazes black smoke any time you give it throttle. Black smoke is money out the pipe and loss of power that could be used, plus it makes you look bad like you don’t know how to tune a truck right. I’ll find out when I go to work in the morning. Maybe if I can find my go pro I can video the amount of smoke. Seems like the truck gets under the turbo and gets really laggy. But after you drive it for a while like most of the day it rips like fire. It’ll break traction doing 65 mph and swing sideways in the rain.

Trucks just been neglected. Was in a front end crash, hood bent, fenders bent, aftermarket bumper, a/c condenser smashed but still works, intercooler popped a hole in it, jb welded the hole and no I didn’t do that, front of truck was very very cheaply repainted.

The truck is slowly and constantly in one shop and into another for something randomly getting fixed. I’m just trying to get it to a stable point and properly setup before I start to upgrade the truck into something even better. The only mechanical thing I’ve done was complete fluid flush, new tires to pass inspection, removed cheap and poorly done tint for professional ceramic tint to pass inspection, replaced rotors, pads, and shoes on the rear from the previous owner acting like an f-ing idiot and smoked off good tires and ruined the rear brakes. I know the water pump was done at the dealership. The first 2 owners of this truck took it to the local dealers around here in Texas for everything. So car fax showed that. I can trace it back to when it was purchased. Just not over the past 2 years.

The previous owner was what seemed like a ranch hand. But then after having the truck a bit he just trashed out a beautiful truck and didn’t care about it. Now I’m trying to get it back to good standing to make it beautiful again. I don’t plan on buying another truck for around 10-15 years. So I’ll be dropping a lot of time into this one as I did with my old dodge.

Currently has around 275k miles. Seems all stock except for the straight piped exhaust, it used to have a side dumped exhaust at some point. Engine bay looks to be all intact minus a couple thing like a fuse box lid and coolant bottle cap. Just had an oil sample sent off to be analyzed. Just got the results back. They said it looks like coolant in the oil. But want another sample as I have no idea as to what they used, when the changed it and how often, or who did it or if a shop did it. I’m close to sending off another sample as soon as I get another sent of bottles in.

Light load button don’t work, passenger butt heater don’t work, plastic ring around the sunroof won’t stay up (really annoying me right now but can’t find another one anywhere), don’t know if the rear DVD player works, fixed the rear sliding windows already, fixed the rear door locks and windows already, busted tail lights, busted headlights, mirror gears worn out, scratches and dents everywhere, used to have a gooseneck hitch (currently has a hole until I get another one in there). Had to do body work to get the fender flares to match the contour. TPMS light constantly on, no sensors in the tires, can’t turn off. Check engine light randomly comes on with a red lighting bolt sometimes. No codes seem to ever be present when I check for them. Over head console will randomly say to see dealer now or service required. Stupid little stuff needing to get fixed.

16. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I always enjoyed a small lift. Around 6-8”. But I also used to do a lot of off roading and my old job in the oil fields kinda required to have a vehicle that could go just about anywhere. I loved that truck. 99 ram 1500 4x4 6” lift with 35’s. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6a148d0d8f.jpgthis was in uwharrie in North Carolina.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c22d7e567c.jpgthat little girl was the reason why I got stuck. Never go through a mud hole backwards, lesson learned.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ce09da2d37.jpgthe end of the “Tail of the Dragon”.

This truck is stock height. Most stock mechanically. Said it was deleted completely. Only the exhaust is done. The EGR is still on the truck. Don’t know if it’s on or not. Also said it has a stage 2 trans in it built from a shop out of midland, it’s shiny but I don’t think it’s a stage 2. And the front end is suppose to be completely rebuilt with moog parts, it’s not as I just changed out the worn out sway bar bushings and end link bushings.

The tuner is a punisher performance product called “the reaper”. Don’t know much about it. But I changed the tune from whatever it was on to number 4 and now it don’t smoke as bad. But constantly hazes black smoke any time you give it throttle. Black smoke is money out the pipe and loss of power that could be used, plus it makes you look bad like you don’t know how to tune a truck right. I’ll find out when I go to work in the morning. Maybe if I can find my go pro I can video the amount of smoke. Seems like the truck gets under the turbo and gets really laggy. But after you drive it for a while like most of the day it rips like fire. It’ll break traction doing 65 mph and swing sideways in the rain.

Trucks just been neglected. Was in a front end crash, hood bent, fenders bent, aftermarket bumper, a/c condenser smashed but still works, intercooler popped a hole in it, jb welded the hole and no I didn’t do that, front of truck was very very cheaply repainted.

The truck is slowly and constantly in one shop and into another for something randomly getting fixed. I’m just trying to get it to a stable point and properly setup before I start to upgrade the truck into something even better. The only mechanical thing I’ve done was complete fluid flush, new tires to pass inspection, removed cheap and poorly done tint for professional ceramic tint to pass inspection, replaced rotors, pads, and shoes on the rear from the previous owner acting like an f-ing idiot and smoked off good tires and ruined the rear brakes. I know the water pump was done at the dealership. The first 2 owners of this truck took it to the local dealers around here in Texas for everything. So car fax showed that. I can trace it back to when it was purchased. Just not over the past 2 years.

The previous owner was what seemed like a ranch hand. But then after having the truck a bit he just trashed out a beautiful truck and didn’t care about it. Now I’m trying to get it back to good standing to make it beautiful again. I don’t plan on buying another truck for around 10-15 years. So I’ll be dropping a lot of time into this one as I did with my old dodge.

Currently has around 275k miles. Seems all stock except for the straight piped exhaust, it used to have a side dumped exhaust at some point. Engine bay looks to be all intact minus a couple thing like a fuse box lid and coolant bottle cap. Just had an oil sample sent off to be analyzed. Just got the results back. They said it looks like coolant in the oil. But want another sample as I have no idea as to what they used, when the changed it and how often, or who did it or if a shop did it. I’m close to sending off another sample as soon as I get another sent of bottles in.

Light load button don’t work, passenger butt heater don’t work, plastic ring around the sunroof won’t stay up (really annoying me right now but can’t find another one anywhere), don’t know if the rear DVD player works, fixed the rear sliding windows already, fixed the rear door locks and windows already, busted tail lights, busted headlights, mirror gears worn out, scratches and dents everywhere, used to have a gooseneck hitch (currently has a hole until I get another one in there). Had to do body work to get the fender flares to match the contour. TPMS light constantly on, no sensors in the tires, can’t turn off. Check engine light randomly comes on with a red lighting bolt sometimes. No codes seem to ever be present when I check for them. Over head console will randomly say to see dealer now or service required. Stupid little stuff needing to get fixed.

Like I said Spit. . . . DING!

You can go to Carquest, Autozone places like that and read the codes. They can get the history too. Those random engine codes are stored. BTW, Stay away from Auto Zone parts. Light bulbs maybe OK. LOL

Years ago, I came up with a way of blocking the EGR tube with a freeze out plug. I had an 08. I was one of the pioneers of eliminating the EGR and valve and DPF system. Maybe that's what he did. I'm surprised there is no air horn on it.

I can's ay I've heard of that tuner either. The codes you're getting could be because of programming in the tuner. It took allot of programming to eliminate the emissions successfully. Even H & S had it's time and they turned out to be the best.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

18. Likes Jokersace, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast