Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  49
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Injectors, CP3, and Turbo input please

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Injectors, CP3, and Turbo input please

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gcummins View Post
    Thank u all for the info. I was never planning on doing any of this to my truck LOL. My turbo just went out on me and my fuel system is getting weak. I was having issues with my rail sucking clean. So I figured I better just do it all. I drive the truck everyday too and from work. I don’t haul with the truck at all hardly and if I do it’s never over 5000 lbs. I just want a quick street truck that spoils quick and doesn’t smoke like a train
    If its a daily driver then the 67 will be too big and will seem very laggy IMO. I would do more research- Talk to Ray over at Double R- I am willing to bet you can get a smaller turbo that with tuning will light quick and still have the MAP to get you to 700 with some more fuel......I did a second gen swap with a Borg SXE on my last truck and the SXE map on the 63 was better than larger turbos in the 65 and 66 sizes....There are ALOT of variables that go into your turbo and manifold footprint/flow! Keep us updated

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes watersupply189, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    If its a daily driver then the 67 will be too big and will seem very laggy IMO. I would do more research- Talk to Ray over at Double R- I am willing to bet you can get a smaller turbo that with tuning will light quick and still have the MAP to get you to 700 with some more fuel......I did a second gen swap with a Borg SXE on my last truck and the SXE map on the 63 was better than larger turbos in the 65 and 66 sizes....There are ALOT of variables that go into your turbo and manifold footprint/flow! Keep us updated
    Agreed. You don't need or may not even want 700 for a daily driver. 500 to 550 will be a screamer. The ricers will be mad at you with that. And it's fairly easy to accomplish without spending a ton of money

I drove a hellcat on the red key in traffic. It was down out dangerous. Granted it's 3K less in weight, but still. . . .

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes TexNeck, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Ok thank u. I will check my fuel system again. I just did a full service on the truck bout 4,000 miles ago. My truck has 253,xxx miles on it and counting so I might just get new injectors an CP3 for piece of mind. What kind of numbers do you guys think I could get out of the truck with just new stock injectors and CP3 and something like a s465?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Ok thank u. I will check my fuel system again. I just did a full service on the truck bout 4,000 miles ago. My truck has 253,xxx miles on it and counting so I might just get new injectors an CP3 for piece of mind. What kind of numbers do you guys think I could get out of the truck with just new stock injectors and CP3 and something like a s465?
    I wouldn't bother with the CP3 unless you are experiencing consistent low rail pressure. They'll go a long way with just a good lift pump and filter changes. You usually get warnings before they go down. Just a suggestion from a frugal cheap old man. I would consider the lift pump first with that mileage.

Talk to Clayton @Dude's Diesel Performance . He can fix you up with some quality injectors and that Fass

I think I told you abut this stuff

https://www.amazon.com/Archoil-AR640...ywords=archoil This stuff will clean up the fuel system and decarbon the cylinders and VGT.

Run a regular routine of this stuff. You only need an ounce or 2 per tank full. 1/2 a tank needs 1/2 a dose. No sense in over treating it, it's a waste of money with this

https://www.amazon.com/Archoil-AR620...ywords=archoil

It's very possible that lift pump started to go bad after your service. Typically, if you can hear the factory pump through the tank of fuel, it's on it's way. They can go anytime and are more typical than a CP3. However, a real bad lift pump for a long time, can cause the CP3 to fail premature. If you can watch your rail pressure that's good. Watching your fuel pump pressure is even better. Clean injectors will bring things back to life.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Ok i will get some of the fuel additives u mentioned and check everything again. I have had the raptor 150 on there for about a year and my fuel pressure gauge never goes below 12 or 13 psi. But it has been making a lot of noises here lately.

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I would imagine over 600....again comes down to tuning. Agree again with Polaraco on the CP3 - If you notice issues with pressure then it is likely just the FCA on the pump may be going.
    If you are going with new fuel pump I recommend going with the Fass Pump and Sump- easy install and quality product

If you are worried about any issues with a sump just watch this video below. It was enough to convince me to put one on.

I might have missed this but with your coming power do you have a built trans to get it on the pavement?

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I would imagine over 600....again comes down to tuning. Agree again with Polaraco on the CP3 - If you notice issues with pressure then it is likely just the FCA on the pump may be going.
    If you are going with new fuel pump I recommend going with the Fass Pump and Sump- easy install and quality product

If you are worried about any issues with a sump just watch this video below. It was enough to convince me to put one on.

I might have missed this but with your coming power do you have a built trans to get it on the pavement?
    Impressive pump but the guy wasn’t too smart standing directly under that truck on that rickety lift. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

14. Likes TexNeck, Power247, david3gen liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Is there anyway to check the FCA? I just figured the trucks fuel system was getting tired. It all started about two months ago, when I romp on the truck hard and let off fast my motor will chatter the beat hell for about 6 or 7 seconds. It only does it on the highest setting on my EFI live. It doesn’t make any noise when I romp on it and let off slow. And the truck pulls hard but there is no smoke at all anymore. When I first got the tuning it would haze a little bit and now it won’t do anything. A local mechanic told me my injectors were probably going out or my injection pump. And I don’t really know how to check any of the pumps out

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

And I don’t have a built trans yet. I will be getting it done as soon as possible. Or do a 6 speed swap. Haven’t really made my mind up yet LOL

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Is there anyway to check the FCA? I just figured the trucks fuel system was getting tired. It all started about two months ago, when I romp on the truck hard and let off fast my motor will chatter the beat hell for about 6 or 7 seconds. It only does it on the highest setting on my EFI live. It doesn’t make any noise when I romp on it and let off slow. And the truck pulls hard but there is no smoke at all anymore. When I first got the tuning it would haze a little bit and now it won’t do anything. A local mechanic told me my injectors were probably going out or my injection pump. And I don’t really know how to check any of the pumps out

You would be able to tell with rail pressure gauge- usually if there is a lack of psi up top or surging at idle it indicates this. The chatter you are describing sounds like it may be injector hang. Basically the injecor is continuing to dump fuel when it’s not supposed to making it run poorly.

Make sure you do your trans or have a plan for it. Depending how you drive it with your new found power it may quit on you sooner than later

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast