Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  80
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Transmission Relearn.

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Transmission Relearn.

Clayton from DDP for everything your truck needs he’s the best around and for tuning Ray at DRD he’s the best tuner around in the buisness hands down end of story

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

Thanks guys for all your help and knowledge for Getting me squared away. I just want my truck back and have it run like she is supposed to. This goes to show that we all share a common interest and goal to have a great running truck with alot of usable reliable American HP under the hood. If you all need anything and If I can help I will. Thanks again to all your input and help! Very much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

Have a Wonderful Labor Day. Take Care and God Bless.

V/r
    Jeremy (AKA TheSleeperGoat).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    LOL that’s funny how in California companies manufactures the pipes and intakes but you can’t receive anything in the mail if you live in the state? I bet they still manufacture plastic straws there also! LOL
    I had the EGRless emissions from DRD on my truck for awhile until I upgraded to delete. Only downfall with running EGRless is that you will only get about 3,000 miles on a tank of def before you have to fill up again.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

I run the EGR-less Tunes with no issues. I have 50K miles on them now.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I run the EGR-less Tunes with no issues. I have 50K miles on them now.
    EGRless is a good tune. I’ve never had any issues at all with mine except for the excessive DEF usage but Ray explained that it would consume more.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I have had the delete done for a couple weeks now, just unplugged the egr and stuff. It ran like a top from the get go! Just did the full egr delete this weekend and can actually tell a difference after that! DRD is the only way to go in my opinion! Loving the different sound tunes as well..LOL

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I too have the same "problem". I have DRD tunes. Not knocking him, cause I'm still happy overall. I wasn't aware it was possibly bad tuning. In 3rd, rarely will it ever lock. It will shift to 3rd, speed will go up but the RPM will stay the same, and then right when it wants to lock it will shift to 4th then lock/unlock a few times. 5th gear seems to be the only gear with it's mind made up. However, like I've posted before, 1/10 times the truck/tranny will run flawlessly and I can absolutely tell there is a tune working correct, it's amazing. Then back to the regular ways. I guess I should contact Ray again. I don't understand and haven't found an answer for why only once in a while I'd be able to tell the tune, truck, tranny are all talking to each other? The other times its as if the tranny is just hovering there, Torque slip. I've done the 120 ECM tune and 30 ECM tune, same thing. I understand it's a stock transmission and can't expect crazy difference, but I know when the tunes are working, and my butt is happy. I still recommend DRD, he works with you and it's fault I didn't stay on top of getting it fixed; I sort of gave up. I wasn't sure how to mention what my truck was doing, but the OP post seems to talk to the point well.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

I have this debate pop up all the time. What is being describe here is "shift flare" that occurs when the torque converter unlocks between shifts. Typically with most of our tunes, we start torque converter lockup in the middle of 3rd gear and continue lockup through 6th gear. The Chrysler shift strategy calls for the torque converter clutch to unlock between gear changes in an effort to protect the clutch hub, input shaft, and ultimately the entire drive train from the shock that would occur if the torque converter clutch were to stay locked between shifts.

Now here is the issue. When you add power and torque as well as disable torque management within the tune, the push the past the efficency of the stock torque converters fluid coupling ability or other words, the stall speed. So when the converter clutch unlocks between the shift, you go from a point of no slip to a point of fluid coupling which enables slip. And with those added factors that tuning applies, the rpm flare between shifts will increase over stock. There is nothing bad going on when this happens, everything is working as it should, but some folks find it alarming.

There have been other shops out there that make tunes that keep the torque converter clutch locked between shifts, but we have several customers come to us with such tunes stating the shifts are way too rough. There also have been some reported cases of broken input shafts with locked shift tuning. For pure performance applications, locked shift tuning is great and will yield the lowest quarter mile times...but not everyone races their trucks and unlocked shifts are the best for a street driven truck.

Having said all that, you can do something that will reduce the shift flare and make the truck feel more positive. You can change the torque converter to one with a lower stall speed that stock. Doing so will reduce fluid coupling slip and make for a much improved shift feel, more power to the ground, and lower fluid temps as well. For that we recommend the Revmax Ultra Low Stall Torque Converter. We have many customers who have installed this converter and all the reports are extremely positive.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

16. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Makes me glad that I have a G56 transmission LOL

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    I have this debate pop up all the time. What is being describe here is "shift flare" that occurs when the torque converter unlocks between shifts. Typically with most of our tunes, we start torque converter lockup in the middle of 3rd gear and continue lockup through 6th gear. The Chrysler shift strategy calls for the torque converter clutch to unlock between gear changes in an effort to protect the clutch hub, input shaft, and ultimately the entire drive train from the shock that would occur if the torque converter clutch were to stay locked between shifts.

Now here is the issue. When you add power and torque as well as disable torque management within the tune, the push the past the efficency of the stock torque converters fluid coupling ability or other words, the stall speed. So when the converter clutch unlocks between the shift, you go from a point of no slip to a point of fluid coupling which enables slip. And with those added factors that tuning applies, the rpm flare between shifts will increase over stock. There is nothing bad going on when this happens, everything is working as it should, but some folks find it alarming.

There have been other shops out there that make tunes that keep the torque converter clutch locked between shifts, but we have several customers come to us with such tunes stating the shifts are way too rough. There also have been some reported cases of broken input shafts with locked shift tuning. For pure performance applications, locked shift tuning is great and will yield the lowest quarter mile times...but not everyone races their trucks and unlocked shifts are the best for a street driven truck.

Having said all that, you can do something that will reduce the shift flare and make the truck feel more positive. You can change the torque converter to one with a lower stall speed that stock. Doing so will reduce fluid coupling slip and make for a much improved shift feel, more power to the ground, and lower fluid temps as well. For that we recommend the Revmax Ultra Low Stall Torque Converter. We have many customers who have installed this converter and all the reports are extremely positive.
    Once again Ray from DRD always has the answers on time every time

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast