Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Gates Water pump for a 2012

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Gates Water pump for a 2012

Has anyone used one of these from Geno's
    I had to order one because no one has the Cummins OEM and my waterpump died yesterday
    Just wonder what type of quality they are don't want to go to local parts store for one .
    The rep at Geno's thinks they are every bit as good as OEM and maybe even better
    Looking for someone who has one in use for your likes or dislike
    Here is a blog review from Geno's and it says it can be used for any year of truck
    http://blog.genosgarage.com/wordpres...mp-comparison/
    Thanks in advance

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Gates Water pump for a 2012

I replaced mine with a Gates last year and I’ve very happy! In fact, Geno’s recommends saving the money and go with a Gates and use that money on a Cummins tensioner!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

3. Thanks 4406PACK thanked for this post
    Likes 4406PACK, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4406PACK View Post
    I had to order one because no one has the Cummins OEM and my waterpump died yesterday
    Just wonder what type of quality they are don't want to go to local parts store for one .
    The rep at Geno's thinks they are every bit as good as OEM and maybe even better
    Here is a blog review from Geno's and it says it can be used for any year of truck
    Thanks in advance
    Gates is what Cummins uses from what I’ve been told Great products

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Thanks 4406PACK, theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes 4406PACK, theaaronbush liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Gates usually has a good reputation on all of their products for the last few decades.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Thanks theaaronbush, 4406PACK thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush, 4406PACK, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks in advance
    I fixed water pump today the bearings from the stock one we're shelled out of pump and shaft was leaking.
    Not a bad job but be very careful with the eggshell fan shroud I had to buy a new one after I Looked at it and it fell into 5 peices also you will need a 1 7/16 wrench for your fan clutch
    Anyways not to bad of a job to tackle your self

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

9. Thanks WyomingHunter, walla2k5 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I fixed water pump today the bearings from the stock one we're shelled out of pump and shaft was leaking.
    Not a bad job but be very careful with the eggshell fan shroud I had to buy a new one after I Looked at it and it fell into 5 peices also you will need a 1 7/16 wrench for your fan clutch
    Anyways not to bad of a job to tackle your self
    Good job thanks for the info

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Thanks Little Trucker thanked for this post