Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4” or 5” exhaust

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 4” or 5” exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by GraveyBoat View Post
    Band clamps came with my 5"TBE Jamo
    Thank you I plan on ordering the 4”TBE, how was the fit mint?

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    Thank you I plan on ordering the 4”TBE, how was the fit mint?
    The fit was right on, no issues whatsoever. Plenty of room even with 5". Super high quality all around.

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

3. Thanks Abgunnar thanked for this post
    Likes Abgunnar liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Hey i might have missed it in reading this post. But can you delete the DPF and leave the SCR? i have a 2017, There are a few people locally that have that done i dont know what the harm would be in leaving the SCR canister on the truck.

thanks!

5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by farmer_dre View Post
    Hey i might have missed it in reading this post. But can you delete the DPF and leave the SCR? i have a 2017, There are a few people locally that have that done i dont know what the harm would be in leaving the SCR canister on the truck.

thanks!
    sorry not shore if you can leave it, but I figured while I was under the truck I mines well remove it all.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Post Re: 4” or 5” exhaust

I'm in the analysis paralysis mode of purchasing my MM3 from DRD and an exhaust delete. I still have a couple of questions with regards to the exhaust selection (BTW my truck is a 2017 2500):

1. With regards to my model year, do I go with a turbo-back or down-pipe back? I'm not sure if turbo back is necessary or not.
    2. Does the metal selection (aluminum vs stainless steel) have any affect on sound/noise and heat dissipation?
    3. How do I determine the selection of 4" vs 5" ?
    3a. What is the coupling size at the attachment point for the stock downpipe and/or turbo?
    3b. Will I need some kind of step up/step down modification or coupling for the difference in diameter, or is that calculated in the pipe kits?

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
    I'm in the analysis paralysis mode of purchasing my MM3 from DRD and an exhaust delete. I still have a couple of questions with regards to the exhaust selection (BTW my truck is a 2017 2500):

1. With regards to my model year, do I go with a turbo-back or down-pipe back? I'm not sure if turbo back is necessary or not.
    2. Does the metal selection (aluminum vs stainless steel) have any affect on sound/noise and heat dissipation?
    3. How do I determine the selection of 4" vs 5" ?
    3a. What is the coupling size at the attachment point for the stock downpipe and/or turbo?
    3b. Will I need some kind of step up/step down modification or coupling for the difference in diameter, or is that calculated in the pipe kits?
    I'd do turbo back as that's what most kits are unless you do a race pipe(filter & nox removal). I've never noticed a sound difference in the metals, I prefer stainless as they last longer. 4 or 5" is basically based on what sound you want if you're under 6 or 700 hp. 4" is throaty and 5" is even deeper. YouTube videos will help you on what sounds better. Kits come with enough to do a crew cab long bed. If you're a crew cab short bed or long no cutting is required.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks JAFO thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Heres what i did and would do again. Stock no mods/upgrades , deleted , Mm3 , 4 inch. Down and delete ss. Left rest exhaust alone figured wait till it rotted off . Well stock muffler made it sound odd so took it off . Then came drone around 1800-2000 rpms. And exhaust brake dont hit as hard lost exhaust back preasure . Gonna install a twister behind down pipe should be back to normal . Everythings been great no complaints

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Just to add to the conversation.

2018 3500 LB, 60HP tune.

I did a turbo back 5" with a 30" FTE Resonator.

No fitment issues with the heat shield or the over sized tire I have under there.

No drone at all. It's almost to quiet.

Exhaust brake works great.

To do over I'd go with a 17" Resonator.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Abgunnar liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    I’m planning on deleting my 2014 2500 ram, I tow a 10,000 lbs camper in the summer, I plan on going with mm3 with DRD tunes and I’m not shore what exhaust to get I don’t won’t The drone to be tobad when towing? Would 4” or the 5” make a difference with the egts when towing?
    Any help would be great.

Thanks.
    I run a 5" turbo back with no muffler.

My neighbor runs a 4" turbo back no muffler with stock downpipe.

There is not a lot of difference between the two.

I think mine sounds a little more "thoaty" FWIW.

'17 2500 SLT, 6" on 37's, 4.44's, Tuned/MM3/Matched Autometer, Grid Delete w/GDP Horn, BDD Ironhorn BW 364SXE Turbo, S&B Intake, 5" Turbo Back W/Muffler, Revmax Zeroflex Valve Body & Thermal Bypass, Mag-Hytec, 8.4AN & EVIC Upgrade, Fab Fours/Fusion, Full LED and a host of other mods.

13. Likes Abgunnar, TX_2500_Cummins liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123