Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  157
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Problems Have You All Had? - Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

What Problems Have You All Had? - Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Blackgoat View Post
    Are you kidding me? You didnt even read the post.. IT WAS A JOKE Smartguy...
    My bad.... haha! Just reread it. Guess the joke was on me!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

2. Likes Dwelsh, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by downs807 View Post
    I've got a whole thread on my issues but figure I would add here so folks don't have to go searching.

1. Had a minor starting and dyeing issue. basically the tuck would start run for 1 sec and cut itself off. Turn out to be a bad ignition .

2. developed a loud hum from the rear end at about 5k miles. Ram replaced the whole rear end with a new unit at 9,000 miles.

Love the truck now that the problems are fixed, and to think I almost gave up on it
    Dang LOL. Something must have slipped through the cracks there to have a rear end go bad at 9k. Chrysler is normally pretty good. Idk what year the truck was but i know a guy that had a vibration that would come on at 61 mph. They put multiple transmissions in it. So finally Chrysler decided they wanted to buy the truck back so their engineers could tear into it and find out what it was. Ended up being water had gotten into the cab mounts LOL

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Try owning an 03. First year for allot of shtuff. You get used to it after a while

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks dmuney thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Try owning an 03. First year for allot of shtuff. You get used to it after a while
    Yeah man but they ain't never gonna make them like that again. I love a 5.9 truck

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Yeah man but they ain't never gonna make them like that again. I love a 5.9 truck
    Yeah I transport these things all the time for a dealer. I can't stand them especially the 2500's with coil springs. 3rd gens seem to be so much more stable. 3rd gens just lack the aerodynamics the 4th gens have.

Try driving a 5500 from New England without a body. 250 miles of pot holes. That's a thrill. I've adopted a donut to sit on with them. LOL

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Yeah I transport these things all the time for a dealer. I can't stand them especially the 2500's with coil springs. 3rd gens seem to be so much more stable. 3rd gens just lack the aerodynamics the 4th gens have.

Try driving a 5500 from New England without a body. 250 miles of pot holes. That's a thrill. I've adopted a donut to sit on with them. LOL
    Isnt that all roads up north? LOL. I'm originally from bfe pennsylvania. I'm really not sure why they went to coils on the newer 2500s. I havent pulled anything heavy with mine yet. So I havent really been able to tell much difference.

11. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Isnt that all roads up north? LOL. I'm originally from bfe pennsylvania. I'm really not sure why they went to coils on the newer 2500s. I havent pulled anything heavy with mine yet. So I havent really been able to tell much difference.
    We're going off topic here but. . . (My fault) Talk to @F350Cummins about that. We were just discussing that in another thread. The coils aren't performing too well with a trailer. But we think we found a cost effective cure

13. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

We're going off topic here but. . . (My fault) Talk to @F350Cummins about that. We were just discussing that in another thread. The coils aren't performing too well with a trailer. But we think we found a cost effective cure
    It's all good. If I run into it I'll have to reach out to him. Thanks sir.

15. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

It's all good. If I run into it I'll have to reach out to him. Thanks sir.
    No problem. It's my job to keep them on track, which many times they do. We're pretty lax on that. When the boss yells, I'll get the ban hammer out

Here's the thread I was talking about. https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...636#post127636

Now back to our regular scheduled program

17. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

2500 '03 2wd - problems off the top of my head since I've had the truck (roughly 100k-162k miles):

-water pump
    -radiator
    -Fuel control actuator
    -new front end
    -stereo amp gave out but it's built into the stock head unit so new head unit
    -driver side window switches
    -dashboard gave up being a dashboard years ago and is now just a rattling pile of plastic pieces
    -power steering pumps
    -vacuum hoses for cruise control
    -clock spring for air bags

I'm missing quite a few but they all blend together....

Oh, and of course I've gotten it stuck countless times on boat ramps, front yards, sandy roads, the tiniest bit of mud, or anything else that let's the one drive wheel slip.

19. Likes Power247, watersupply189, Dwelsh liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast