Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Opinions on tires?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Opinions on tires?

Good evening guys I'd like to get some opinions on price vs tire wear from anyone who has had good results with any of the following tires that I have listed. I'm looking to order a new set of Fuel Triton D609 22x12 wheels here soon and wanted to narrow down a good quality tire that will last me a decent amount of time for what it's going to cost me. I'm looking for a Load E 35x12.50 mud terrain or all terrain tire as long as the performance is good and has a rather aggressive looking sidewall also. Of course I'd love to keep the cost as low as possible but if quality and overall performance are a factor then I will lean towards a more expensive tire. These are the tires I'm looking at so far with prices from @Custom Offsets.
    1) Atturo Trail Blade MT $1277
    2) AMP MMud Terrain Attack MT $1131
    3) AMP Terrain Gripper AT $1161
    4) Nitto Ridge Grappler $1784
    5) Toyo Open Country A/T II $1918
    6) Toyo Open Country MT $2079

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Opinions on tires?

Well the only tire I have personal experience with out of your list is the ridge grappler.. I put a set on my '17 duramax basically when I got it and I put 52k miles on them before I traded it and they looked like they would have went another 10k no problem.. By far the best wearing tire I've ever run..

I normally went with trail grapplers or Firestone destination m/t and I thought I did good if I would get over 40k on a set.. I was impressed so I put a set of 33's on my ram..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17 model Bright White Ram 2500 4x4 with the G56 transmission.. All stock right now

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, SMASHER liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Opinions on tires?

Toyo MT is the benchmark for all other tires as far as mud terrain goes. Toyo AT last longer on road miles but mt traction is superior

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SMASHER liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHER View Post
    Good evening guys I'd like to get some opinions on price vs tire wear from anyone who has had good results with any of the following tires that I have listed. I'm looking to order a new set of Fuel Triton D609 22x12 wheels here soon and wanted to narrow down a good quality tire that will last me a decent amount of time for what it's going to cost me. I'm looking for a Load E 35x12.50 mud terrain or all terrain tire as long as the performance is good and has a rather aggressive looking sidewall also. Of course I'd love to keep the cost as low as possible but if quality and overall performance are a factor then I will lean towards a more expensive tire. These are the tires I'm looking at so far with prices from @Custom Offsets.
    1) Atturo Trail Blade MT $1277
    2) AMP MMud Terrain Attack MT $1131
    3) AMP Terrain Gripper AT $1161
    4) Nitto Ridge Grappler $1784
    5) Toyo Open Country A/T II $1918
    6) Toyo Open Country MT $2079
    Numbers 4,5,6 you can’t beat these tires best of the bunch

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes SMASHER liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I see alot of guys running the Atturo Trail Blades but haven't heard any opinions on long term wear.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I can only comment on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers F rated 35x12.5x18s. Excellent tires, Not a lot of road noise. I've put over 25k road miles on them since Feb '17 and they are wearing extremely well. I see no reason why I won't get at least another 25k or more out of them. In my opinion, money well spent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

11. Likes SMASHER liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

I see alot of guys running the Atturo Trail Blades but haven't heard any opinions on long term wear.
    I asked Custom Offsets about them and the short version is... you get what you pay for. Decent performance, buy they won't last as long. I think so many are running them because of the lower price.

I'm going to try Ridge Grapplers next. My toyos have around 15k and are about 50%. Might be my fault for having them siped.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

13. Likes SMASHER liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Numbers 4,5,6 you can’t beat these tires best of the bunch

I agree with mr dan! Those are the best ones in my opinion. I love nitto and toyo. I find myself always getting the nitto trail grapplers LOL.

I see all kinds of folks using the others on their show trucks so they can't be that bad!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Likes SMASHER liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    I asked Custom Offsets about them and the short version is... you get what you pay for. Decent performance, buy they won't last as long. I think so many are running them because of the lower price.

I'm going to try Ridge Grapplers next. My toyos have around 15k and are about 50%. Might be my fault for having them siped.
    I was fixing to say; my toyo mt have about 12k and still have about 80-85%

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SMASHER, WyomingHunter liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

A lot of the wheel amd tire dealer companies put them on the "wheel packages" to keep cost low. My buddy put a set of them on his Wrangler because he got 35"s for about $200 a tire. They're just meh - OK. I looked into them and seems to be a lot of people with sidewall bubbles/blowouts. I wouldn't trust them for a rig like ours. The BFG all terrain is a great tire with a mean look for an all terrain btw.

2016 | RAM | 2500 | MM3 Warp Tuning w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe | Throttle valve delete |

19. Likes SMASHER liked this post