Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egr delete

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Egr delete

I will be working on my deletes tomorrow DPF,egr,and throttle valve, I know I will get the DPF done (good lord willing) if I dont have time to do the egr and throttle valve I'm assuming I can leave them in place and just unplug them? On the egr what all do I need to unplug? I assume the harness at the egr valve w but is there anything else?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Egr delete

Make sure you flash the ECM with your new tunes first. Remove your DPF and I would also remove the SCR. At this point you will be able to drive the truck. No need to disconnect or remove the EGR or throttle valve until you are ready to remove them.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

When removing the exhaust system soak the DPF flange bolts with penetrating oil for at least 20 minutes. Spray the rubber isolators (hangers) with soapy water. I used a short piece of 2”X4” lumber approximately 8” long and a 2 foot crow bar to gently pry the isolators off. Position the lumber so you can pry between the wood and rubber. Worked for me, hope it helps you.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Opie15 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

When I did mine I did the reflash then started the truck to look for error codes. Once it looked good I unplugged everything on the exhaust and egr system and started it again to look for codes. Again once it looked good I moved on to the new turbo back exhaust and still have yet to find the free time for the egr delete. It is my understanding that the tune disables it all and the egr delete is really just to get all that extra junk out from the already cluttered engine bay. The only thing important is removing the exhaust systems because the egr is deleted so they would get packed full and not be able to Regen.

8. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, AK Bob, RamHunter18, Opie15 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Make sure you flash the ECM with your new tunes first. Remove your DPF and I would also remove the SCR. At this point you will be able to drive the truck. No need to disconnect or remove the EGR or throttle valve until you are ready to remove them.

I'd like to provide my insight here.

I pulled my DPF/SCR off before loading my tunes on my 4th gen. It's a non-issue as long as you don't start the engine before loading the tunes. The SCR has to be removed along with the DPF as well.

However, while you don't need to remove the EGR or disconnect any thing, it is strongly recommended to disconnect the throttle valve until it can be removed. The throttle valve is a known point of contention as several people have experienced sudden closures of the TV which results in an immediate shut down of the engine.

I personally removed the EGR & TV on my last truck, aside from a cleaner engine bay, it removes any possibility of failed hard parts resulting in unwanted outcomes.

10. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Opie15, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have not heard of many people that have had the TV close. heard more on older trucks and some box tuners.. I haven't heard of any DRD tuned TV issues, I have the EGR-less tuning with zero issues. there are ways to remove the valve and keep the stock elbow if anyone wants to keep stock looking.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

12. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes Opie15 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I had that issue with my 2018 mega cab. Had to leave TV plugged in as when I did the delete it closed on me. No throttle pedal. No rpms. My tuner sent new tune to keep open but after running truck for 10,000 miles I started to have issues. I thought it was an exhaust leak but turned out flap was closing sometimes. I took it apart and removed flapper now no issues

14. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes Opie15, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Just a update.I got the mm3 installed pulled a copy of the stock file and saved to desktop, then tuned truck and started it everything looked great so I moved on to the exhaust that went suprising painless as well. I soaked all the collector nuts down last night w/ penetrating oil. Then I installed the shibby plug caps and tied everything up nice and neat(I'm a bit of a neat freek) when I install things. Then I installed a 4" delete pipe with muffler. I didn't get started on egr as I want to be able to take my time with it. I did do the throttle valve delete. Then took the truck out for a drive on the 30 horse tune( summer time and will be towing the boat a lot) all I can say is wow. Ray you truly live up to your reputation it's like a different truck all together. I like the way the transmission shifts as well anyways maybe next weekend I will get to the EGR delete I doubt it though if my wife's remote start comes in I will be working on that. Anyways guys thanks for all the pointers really helped out today

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, Thomas1960 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update. Sounds like everything went well. Big difference with DRD tunes. I love the throttle response. Congratulations and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, Thomas1960 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Once deleted and the new tunes loaded.. do you need to drive your truck around for a certain amount of miles so your transmission relearns ? I think I remember reading that somewhere ??? Could be wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 2500 CCSB 4x4 (68RFE) 5” FlowPro TBE W/Twister, MM3 Tuned by DRD, TVD, EGR Delete, Shibby plug kit, 2” level kit, Bilstien 5100, 35” Ridge Grapplers, 20” XD Addict wheels, N-fab 3 step Nerf bars, AMP rear Step, Firestone air-bags, Torque Lift stable loads.

20. Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast