Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Communications error since latest update

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Communications error since latest update

So the raceme started acting up again this morning. I was looking at the obd2 plug and there is a significant amount of side to side movement and when it moves it causes the error to occur. I took my edge monitor from my last truck and plugged it in and it was a snug fit with no movement. So my question is, where can I buy a replacement obd2 cord for the ultra?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Likes SeveredCummins14 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Probably have to email raceme. I personally would try a couple of well placed zip ties first. Zip ties I've noticed are not everyone's "go to" though, after seeing some of work some have gone to for all the under dash mounted hardware. For me it's out of sight, out of mind, and all mine is wadded up in knots with zip ties LOL.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Mine has done the same thing since the latest update as well. I've had to unplug mine several times now. If I don't select " send at every key on" it doesn't seem to do it. But takes almost a full minute to flash in another tune. I haven't changed any PIDs on my Ultra since updating but I too figured that it was a firmware glitch. If I do "send at every key on" this is what I get when I start my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Edited cuz I confused myself LOL

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Yeah I asked Franz amd directed him to this thread and was told that I was running a SAE PID and that was causing the issue. Before the update I was running the same PIDS so it doesn't make any sense to me. There has to be a software flaw some where. I changed every pid to read boost on all 4 screens and I am still getting the error message. It sucks...

8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Whoops! LOL I got a couple of threads mixed up that kinda pertain to the same thing maybe. @theaaronbush does your ultra power off while cranking the truck over to start?

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

There another guy on another thread that says his ultra goes black and flashes a red dot while cranking. No idea what version he is running, but I know mine don't do that. And that's why I'm curious if you guys that have updated have the same issue?

10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

No haven't had that issue, the ultra stays on during cranking just like it did before the update. I am going to download the update again and reformat the sd card and see if that helps.

11. Thanks RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Whoops! LOL I got a couple of threads mixed up that kinda pertain to the same thing maybe. @theaaronbush does your ultra power off while cranking the truck over to start?
    It powers up like normal but if I have it set to "send at ever key on" it freezes up. Or at least that's been the coincidence that I've put together so far. I unplug it, plug it back in and it restarts normal with the ECM file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Well after reformatting and re-downloading the update, the issue seems to be fixed. When I put the card in the ultra it went to a black screen with yellow letters and said updating firmware which it has never done before. I put all of my PIDS back to what they were prior to the update and have not had an error yet. Just started the truck and let the grid heater cycle and no error screen. Fingers crossed.

15. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast