Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Raceme ultra questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Raceme ultra questions

I'm running raceme ultra with stock everything else and I'm running the 120 hp tune and 23 timing 1850 rail with quick spool turbo.

to not destroy anything and since I don't really know to be honest, what is a good and safe boost and rail pressure to not exceed

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Raceme ultra questions

Your boost will top out around 35psi on the stock turbo and that RP should be fine. You could destroy the truck on any setting honestly, just be easy on the accelerator. Before I got Warp, I ran around all the time on the 200HP duration, 23° timing and 1850 RP. The head is not studded so I just had to drive very conservatively. It would leave a huge cloud of coal at about 50% throttle but the fuel economy was the best on the hottest setting. Just be easy on the right pedal if you turn it up and still stock.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

3. Thanks BigRed2015, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes BigRed2015, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

One of the gauges I have on is "rp" and it goes to 25-26000 normally if I punch it the max it hit was 30,047 just seeing what that does it means. My truck is already 3 mpg better then it was last week on 120 stage

5. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

1850 Bar is around 26,800 psi so that is the correct rail pressure. Not sure why it peaks at 30k though.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

7. Thanks BigRed2015, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    1850 Bar is around 26,800 psi so that is the correct rail pressure. Not sure why it peaks at 30k though.

so with it set at 1850 bar it should go above 26,800? Wonder why it did then. I was just kinda seeing what it could do and it's only hit that once. I don't plan on hitting it again anytime soon just figured I'd ask. Thank you for your feedback

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel I'm sure the Godfather can answer this!

10. Thanks BigRed2015, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I don't think my tag worked...we shall see if he shows up!

12. Thanks BigRed2015 thanked for this post
    Likes BigRed2015 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I don't think my tag worked...we shall see if he shows up!

Would be awesome if he did haha. Thanks

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'm thinking hitting 30K psi of rail may just be a fluke. If it actually went that high, the relief valve would have opened and you would felt the truck fall on it's face as well as gotten a CEL/code for the event.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thanks Ray!

16. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post