Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Looking for advice on my 650 hp build

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Looking for advice on my 650 hp build

I have a 2016 ram 2500 deleted custom tunes from Ray on my MM3 my end goal is 650-700 hp reliable daily driver truck this is a toy I don’t race it, I don’t tow anything yet camper maybe in the future, and I don’t do tractor pulls or anything here is the build list

2nd gen 366 sxe kit
    5” exhaust straight pipe
    ARP headstuds 625s
    Hamilton heavy duty push rods
    Hamilton 103 lb valve springs and retainers
    Dynomite diesel 90hp injectors and flo tubes
    Fleece 10mm stroker
    Fleece fuel filter delete
    FASS titanium 165
    Bd sump
    Bd Fass heater
    4:30 gears
    Bd intake manifold with grid heater delete and bd intake heater screw
    Rev max 700 with 17 blade stall speed and upgraded 5 stage tq converter

The fuel mods arnt all installed yet but ordered and the transmission orders Not installed yet my biggest question is if I need a wastegate and what am I missing to make sure this is a reliable build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for advice on my 650 hp build

Looks like a pretty sweet parts list. Very hard to say what kind of numbers you'll make with those goodies until it's on the dyno.

What size tires are you running with the 4.30 gearing?

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

4. Thanks Czimmerman275 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    Looks like a pretty sweet parts list. Very hard to say what kind of numbers you'll make with those goodies until it's on the dyno.

What size tires are you running with the 4.30 gearing?
    Thanks I appreciate it I currently run 37 Toyo m/t I’m sure that I will make the numbers I want but I also want to make sure everything is as effective and efficient as possible to make a reliable long-lasting and fun daily driver so I want to know if there’s anything people would recommend that I might be missing as far as internal parts or anything else that would be a week link in the build a lot of confusion on whether or not I need a wastegate I’ve had people say I need a wastegate If you are around 650 horse power and have aftermarket injectors and I’ve had people tell me you do not need one unless you’re running nitrous

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Nice. The stock gearing on the new Ram's is a joke. We ordered ours and there isn't even an option for a lower ratio. I would have gladly went with 3.73's.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Where did you get your 4.30s from? I want some!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Where did you get your 4.30s from? I want some!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    Diesel power products nitro 4:30s talk to Ash he has helped me a ton on all my stuff love the gears though with 37” tires it works great

12. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Czimmerman275 View Post
    Diesel power products nitro 4:30s talk to Ash he has helped me a ton on all my stuff love the gears though with 37” tires it works great

Thank you! I’m looking them up now. I have 3.73s currently and they’re great with 35s. 4.10s would probably be pretty close with 37s but I want those 4.30s when these 35s are gone!

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Thank you! I’m looking them up now. I have 3.73s currently and they’re great with 35s. 4.10s would probably be pretty close with 37s but I want those 4.30s when these 35s are gone!

Let me know how you like them I love mine

16. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post