Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  63
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yer new 'round these parts, ain't ye?

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Yer new 'round these parts, ain't ye?

Is your truck registered in CA? If not, just get a little creative with your logistics, and you can get what you want.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    2018 Laramie 4x4 owner here. Crew Cab, short bed, sport package in Delmonico Red... I'm fortunate enough to drive my dream truck. Originally from TN, but currently in the SF Bay Area, CA. But, home is where the Coast Guard tells me it is, and we'll be moving back east this summer. Can't wait to get back on the right coast again.

Only mod I've installed on the truck so far is an S&B intake... and had to jump through hoops to even get that shipped to me. A spray-in bed liner and A.R.E. Overland topper are next on the list, so my dogs have a nice ride. Once I'm back east and can actually get parts shipped to me, I've got a few things planned. Nothing extreme; just your basic deletes and a solid tuning package. I've got my heart set on the MM3 set up w/ a complete tuning package from Ray at DRD. Gonna pair that w/ a 5" Flo Pro, as I've heard that I need to replace the stock downpipe for increased reliability.

Also looking at Sinister Diesel's EGR delete kit and throttle valve delete. Plans are to keep the tunes mild (60hp daily driving, 30hp for towing) until I squirrel away enough pennies to build my 68RFE.

I'm on the fence about gutting the CCV filter. Figure I'll poke around the forums here and get better educated on that.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be here and excited to learn all I can about these trucks (and hopefully contribute a little, too).
    Welcome to the forum, newbie to newbie!

I was going to do the CCV delete. I even ordered the parts. I did a lot of reading on the subject and what I found was a lot of people complaining about the smell of engine oil, drips on dirveways and concerns about freezing/plugging and blowing a seal. I also saw concerns about oil potentially fouling the blades of the turbo in addition to coating the tubes/intercooler. What I did not see was threads where people were discussing all the issues they had from not deleting it.

I also read a bit of information from Cummins where they talk about blow by in these high power engines and how routing the CCV to the turbo helps eliminate these gases from the crank case. There is some negligible effect on engine performance hidden in there somewhere.

My thoughts on it are that if you change your CCV filter regularly you are good to go. Don't wait for the light, change it preemptively. If a tiny bit of oil vapor makes its way through your turbo I really can't see it hurting anything. If oil were to get in to the intercooler/tubes.. Well, oil is an excellent conductor of heat so I don't see that being a huge issue either. I mean it could effect someone trying to operate in the fringes of their intercoolers abilities but otherwise I can't see it ever being an issue.

For all those reasons, I sent my CCV delete kit back and paid the restocking fee LOL

Again, welcome to the forum there's a good bunch here

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

3. Thanks ZeroSignal thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CanDiesel View Post
    Welcome to the forum, newbie to newbie!

I was going to do the CCV delete. I even ordered the parts. I did a lot of reading on the subject and what I found was a lot of people complaining about the smell of engine oil, drips on dirveways and concerns about freezing/plugging and blowing a seal. I also saw concerns about oil potentially fouling the blades of the turbo in addition to coating the tubes/intercooler. What I did not see was threads where people were discussing all the issues they had from not deleting it.

I also read a bit of information from Cummins where they talk about blow by in these high power engines and how routing the CCV to the turbo helps eliminate these gases from the crank case. There is some negligible effect on engine performance hidden in there somewhere.
    I've read some of the same articles/posts. It just doesn't seem like the return is worth the investment of time and effort right now. Getting her tuned and breathing easy is priority #1.

The way I see it, I'm better off keeping an eye on my oil consumption, and checking the filter outlet tube for residue, while I'm in there changing fluids and filters anyway.

If blow-by is bad enough that my compressor wheel is swimming in 15W-40 at 60k miles, I figure I've got bigger problems on my hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum from Idaho
    @ZeroSignal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks ZeroSignal thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

8. Thanks ZeroSignal thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Welcome friend from NC

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Thanks ZeroSignal thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, Snow Dodge, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Welcome @ZeroSignal
    Norway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

12. Thanks ZeroSignal thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12