Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: warp tuning for 08.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: warp tuning for 08.

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    You are much braver than me my friend. If I remember correctly @Cummins7 was writing his own Warp tunes. Maybe he has some insight for you.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer223 View Post
    Well I'm not scared to give away the info I've learned. i'm not out to make a buck on this. This forum is for people to help others, so i'm going to embrace that idea.
    The above mentioned DTC, i went and turned those ones off as well as one more. and now it's error free. as least for now. i only drove it 10 miles to see how my stock only with deletes acted, it was as expected.
    now i'll start in on the mapping changes I would like.
    I did and had to quit on the count of my job demanding overtime.

Just be prepared to stand back and scratch your head a lot. Trans Tuning was the hardest. As far as the 10 miles go that is long enough for most sensors to throw codes.

If I can help you let me know!

2014 Ram 3500 SRW Maximum Steel, Warp Tuning by Ray, Banks, Monster Ram , American Force Wheels , Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Amp Research Steps

2. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

thank you for the encouragement. i did my first tune. a simple 12V sound tune, not really derivable, don't really want it to be. it more one of those test to see if i could. i did drive it, but it was less then responsive, sounded cool though, my son will LOVE IT!!

Anyhow, i'm working on another "sound" tune, want the rumble from the VGT open. and i can't seem to get it to work. when i load my "stock with deletes" the VGT is 50%, i've changed all the VGT maps i can find and now it's at 75%, same with the stock boxed race me files. sooo i'm not doing something correct.

so yeah that'll keep me busy for a while.

i'm not looking forward to changing the mapping, that's a whole lota editing.

next i'm trying to find a way to adjust the low end torque, the stock software let me do this, and i really like the moderate,

I'm rather pissed the RT feature does not work on my 08.. that info should be more visible on the web site. unless i'm still to uneducated to get it to work. but i couldn't get it to load my 12V rtg file, so i had to make an ECM file.

again thank you and i'm open to any and all advise.

you can judge the age of the boy by the price of his toy.

4. Likes Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

RT works on our 3rd gen but we have to have all the wires connected. Unlike the 10+

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

the unlock cable then.?? thank you!! i'll try that monday.
    not that i've written anything or even know how to send something that way. i'll work on it. thanks.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

To help you on the 12v tune you will need to advance Timing pretty good to make sure there is no white smoke. Also add some more fuel in the cruising rpms. That should help some.

2014 Ram 3500 SRW Maximum Steel, Warp Tuning by Ray, Banks, Monster Ram , American Force Wheels , Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Amp Research Steps

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

thanks, i didn't have any smoke, i turned off the pilot event, then changed the main event timing to 14.5 kinda close to the old 12V's but i know the cylinder pressures can get high, and i don't want to pop a HG. so i was unsure how high to make it.
    thanks for the advise.

when adding more fuel, how much to jump by... say on is 587, then to the right is 516 then 486... that is not a even jump, i see no rime or reason for the numbers changing. do i up them by 10, 100, 150.
    yeah i could use help there..

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

thanks, i didn't have any smoke, i turned off the pilot event, then changed the main event timing to 14.5 kinda close to the old 12V's but i know the cylinder pressures can get high, and i don't want to pop a HG. so i was unsure how high to make it.
    thanks for the advise.

when adding more fuel, how much to jump by... say on is 587, then to the right is 516 then 486... that is not a even jump, i see no rime or reason for the numbers changing. do i up them by 10, 100, 150.
    yeah i could use help there..
    Id do it by trial and error you can always bump 10 and use RT to go further and dial it in. One good thing to remember is the data logger so that you see or feel a problem you can locate it easy in a tune.

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

thx for the tip on the logger, although i'm not sure i'd know what to look for.
    this is really cool stuff once you get your head wrapped around what you can adjust. thanks again for the info.

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I'm looking for someone that does warp tuning for the 08, if no one does, could/would anyone guide me some if i purchased the dongle and tried my hand at it?

i've been playing around with the software, is anyone willing to help me know what needs to be ticked to delete the egr/DPF stuff.

the "stock" tunes are ok, but i'd like some tweeks.
    I'm a little late, but I do tune 08s

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    There were a few guys on here that were tuning thier own trucks with Warp. Maybe one of them can help you out.

If you decide to get a professional to tune your truck i highly recommend Ray @Double R Diesel. You will not find better service or support anywhere.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Second that Ray from DRD is the man

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast