Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Ultra Communication Module question for installation

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Ultra Communication Module question for installation

I'm just wondering something....? Not that its any harder to plug both parts into each other but is it necessary to plug the rear part into the one that plugs into the OBD cable if you aren't planning on installing a egt probe? Seems that this half of the module is only used to make a connection from the various cables that may be or may not be used for something. The OTF cable plugs into the one for the OBD cable also. Just wondering if everything would still work without it?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ultra Communication Module question for installation

Never mind, I see you need it for the Ultra itself. I'm a bonehead....

3. Likes Power247 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChasManDo View Post
    Never mind, I see you need it for the Ultra itself. I'm a bonehead....
    Don't worry about it man glad you've got it all sorted out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I had about a dozen questions and spent the days before all my parts arrived figuring it out, see my very detailed install thread where I compiled all the steps in one place in order. We were all once in your shoes. I would still buy and Ultra/MM3 as a caviate to this warning - I will say, be very gentle w the connectors and connections. They are not as robust as a android phones' micro usb. Granted, you really only need to plug it in once if you have all the parts the first go-around. I can tell you that the micro usb does get put in upside down enough that its a known problem, and it appears I did it when adding the well known pillar mount. I am well versed in engineering and can easily carve plastic. I was blamed for using a pillar mount vs the fact that the micro usb is not reinforced by plastic, nor is it up to spec to what they use in phones these days. I have never had a phone with an issue of a cable going in upside down - and so easily for that matter. RaceMe will make their retailers break the news to you vs telling you that they won't warranty their device and that you have to pay someone to add a new connector or buy a new screen. At least I wondered why I received a call for the retailer vs Raceme. I was able to do the work myself and save hundreds. So be warned, don't plug things in while they are zip tied up under the dash. Plug them in after careful review and then mount? them without torque applied to the connections. Be precise and detailed and everything will work out fine.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

6. Likes Power247, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbuntu View Post
    I had about a dozen questions and spent the days before all my parts arrived figuring it out, see my very detailed install thread where I compiled all the steps in one place in order. We were all once in your shoes. I would still buy and Ultra/MM3 as a caviate to this warning - I will say, be very gentle w the connectors and connections. They are not as robust as a android phones' micro usb. Granted, you really only need to plug it in once if you have all the parts the first go-around. I can tell you that the micro usb does get put in upside down enough that its a known problem, and it appears I did it when adding the well known pillar mount. I am well versed in engineering and can easily carve plastic. I was blamed for using a pillar mount vs the fact that the micro usb is not reinforced by plastic, nor is it up to spec to what they use in phones these days. I have never had a phone with an issue of a cable going in upside down - and so easily for that matter. RaceMe will make their retailers break the news to you vs telling you that they won't warranty their device and that you have to pay someone to add a new connector or buy a new screen. At least I wondered why I received a call for the retailer vs Raceme. I was able to do the work myself and save hundreds. So be warned, don't plug things in while they are zip tied up under the dash. Plug them in after careful review and then mount? them without torque applied to the connections. Be precise and detailed and everything will work out fine.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    I got her done! Everything is working fin, I'm one happy camper!...Thanks a lot for your reply...

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post