Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 54 of 253 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #531

User Info Menu

Thanks, i was seeing the 0001.00.26 on the device info screen and thought i had the wrong software on it. Not real familiar with the terms firmware and software.

2. Likes DRD liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #532

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by E.mccarthy7018 View Post
    Thanks, i was seeing the 0001.00.26 on the device info screen and thought i had the wrong software on it. Not real familiar with the terms firmware and software.
    Yes you have the latest firmware, so you are probably up to date.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks E.mccarthy7018, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #533

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtday View Post
    So when I started the truck this morning and manually engaged high idle, it started this weird chugging thing. It would only happen at a certain rpm range as you can see in the video below. When I first increase idle speed to about 1000 is doesn't chug, but as soon as I go above regular high idle it starts chugging.

I'm on the latest RaceME software, default rail and timing, 30hp duration, economy spool.

Is this a tuning issue or some other problem? If it matters, it hit around 10 degrees overnight and I had to charge my batteries to get the truck started, but I can't see how this would be caused by dead batteries.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/...psyxspzpay.jpg
    Yes mine does this also. Anything below 40 degrees. The colder the worse it is. With a manual idle up 1100 rpm, that is when it does it the worst. With auto high idle 1000 rpm, it does it slightly but not near as bad. It will not matter where the VGT is set I don't think, but at one time I thought it was a little better on mild spool. But that could of just been a warmer morning. Anyway @Franz has all the info I can give him, and I'm sure they are working on it. For now I just start truck and let it go to high idle on its own, 1000 rpm, and it just slightly does it there until it warms a bit. I'm kinda even wondering if besides it being a VGT mapping problem, if it has something to do with all the injection timing they took out. Cold temps with less injection timing could cause it to run rougher til it warms up, but I don't know if that would some how cause the VGT to open and close back and forth like it does.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, mtday thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #534

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Yes mine does this also. Anything below 40 degrees. The colder the worse it is. With a manual idle up 1100 rpm, that is when it does it the worst. With auto high idle 1000 rpm, it does it slightly but not near as bad. It will not matter where the VGT is set I don't think, but at one time I thought it was a little better on mild spool. But that could of just been a warmer morning. Anyway @Franz has all the info I can give him, and I'm sure they are working on it. For now I just start truck and let it go to high idle on its own, 1000 rpm, and it just slightly does it there until it warms a bit. I'm kinda even wondering if besides it being a VGT mapping problem, if it has something to do with all the injection timing they took out. Cold temps with less injection timing could cause it to run rougher til it warms up, but I don't know if that would some how cause the VGT to open and close back and forth like it does.
    Thanks for the info, glad it's not just me. I seem to remember you posting about this now that I think of it. Did Franz ask you to send him the .txt file that the Ultra now creates to help him diagnose?

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #535

User Info Menu

Yes I sent it

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #536

User Info Menu

My truck stock does the same thing. Maybe not as bad but it does it.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, mtday thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #537

User Info Menu

Hopefully custom tuning comes around soon, I rolled back to the last update this morning because of the white smoke and misfires from lack of timing. Smoke and misfires are totally gone now. I'll take loud injection and motor, better fuel economy, and no smoke over the alternative every day. LOL. Just wish I could have trans tuning back!

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #538

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtday View Post
    Hopefully custom tuning comes around soon, I rolled back to the last update this morning because of the white smoke and misfires from lack of timing. Smoke and misfires are totally gone now. I'll take loud injection and motor, better fuel economy, and no smoke over the alternative every day. LOL. Just wish I could have trans tuning back!
    Indeed. With custom tuning, you can have your cake and eat it too!

I haven't heard exactly when it is coming, but I would think anytime after new years... nothing new will likely come from RaceME over the holidays.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, mtday thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #539

User Info Menu

When you say white smoke and misfires can you elaborate more ?? What coolant temps are you seeing before the misfires dissipate and as far as white smoke are you talking about the " hazing " thing it does at idle warm or cold ? it just kinda looks like steam but not at thick like you can see something is coming out of the tail pipe but its not bad type of thing ??

2020 2500 CCLB Laramie ** Carli 3 inch backcountry , 37s , Exergy custom CP4.2 , FASS 250, titan 52 gallon , CCS EFI live **

2015 2500 CCSB Laramie *.* Carli 3 inch with Kings in the corners *.* Carli Fab'd arms *.* Carli Sway control*.*17 inch Methods w/37s*.*4.56 Yukons*.*Thuren bumper full of Baja Designs *.* RaceMe *.* HPP*.* Flo-Pro*.* Amp Steps*.* Viair On board air*.*Carli'd6.7 on CumminsForum*.*

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #540

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tech$12 View Post
    When you say white smoke and misfires can you elaborate more ?? What coolant temps are you seeing before the misfires dissipate and as far as white smoke are you talking about the " hazing " thing it does at idle warm or cold ? it just kinda looks like steam but not at thick like you can see something is coming out of the tail pipe but its not bad type of thing ??
    Different from the hazing at idle. When accelerating lightly it would start at around 1500 RPM, and would blow little puffs of blueish/white smoke that would clear up around 2000 RPM. It would make a little extra exhaust noise when it puffed too, like a cylinder didn't fire properly.

If outside temps were below 35F, it would continue almost til operating temp but would mostly go away around 140F.

After rolling back to the previous update I let the truck warm up for 5 minutes and drove about 10 stop-and-go miles. I got a little haze on first acceleration but no puffs and nothing after that. Temp was around 20F. Only other change was installing my grill cover while the truck was being re-tuned.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 54 of 253 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast