Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drive pressure on raceme ultra?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawassassin View Post
    Ray, I saw a video where you proved how the Raceme Ultra will burn rubber. What settings were you on as far as hp/timing/rail psi? Would my truck be safe to do that if I ever wanted? Also if I run 150 hp what timing and rail psi should I run with it?
    At that time I was running the 150 HP duration... but RaceME calls that the 200HP duration now. So here is the recipe for what I had going on in the video based on the latest update...

200 HP duration
    29* timing
    1900 bar rail pressure
    mild spool VGT

Anytime you push the throttle hard anything can happen. But if you let everything warm up good before hammering the throttle, you can do few burnouts with no issue I feel sure. If your truck has a traction control button, be sure to turn the traction control off.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    At that time I was running the 150 HP duration... but RaceME calls that the 200HP duration now. So here is the recipe for what I had going on in the video based on the latest update...

200 HP duration
    29* timing
    1900 bar rail pressure
    mild spool VGT

Anytime you push the throttle hard anything can happen. But if you let everything warm up good before hammering the throttle, you can do few burnouts with no issue I feel sure. If your truck has a traction control button, be sure to turn the traction control off.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Thanks for the feedback. So does rail psi need to be that on higher hp settings?

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback. So does rail psi need to be that on higher hp settings?
    Doesn't has to be but more rail pressure makes for good clean power as long as you don't go too high...don't recommend the 2000 bar setting

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Doesn't has to be but more rail pressure makes for good clean power as long as you don't go too high...don't recommend the 2000 bar setting

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    How about on the 150 hp setting? Should I set the timing at 29+ with rail psi at 1900psi?

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

How about on the 150 hp setting? Should I set the timing at 29+ with rail psi at 1900psi?
    That would be a good setup. Should make great power with a minimum of smoke.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

That would be a good setup. Should make great power with a minimum of smoke.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    You're the Man Ray! I know smoke is waisted fuel but how do people make their truck smoke so much where mine only does it if I Rev it high or when I first get into it while driving?

10. Likes DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

You're the Man Ray! I know smoke is waisted fuel but how do people make their truck smoke so much where mine only does it if I Rev it high or when I first get into it while driving?
    There's different ways with different tuning platforms, but black smoke is generated from poor combustion. Its usually a matter too much fuel for the air available and the timing advance.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Taking this back to drive pressure. I was thinking that the mild and quick spool would up the drive pressure significantly? I have been leaving my settings on the actual stock spool and not economy spool thinking it would be the safest. Is this the correct thinking?

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkhead View Post
    Taking this back to drive pressure. I was thinking that the mild and quick spool would up the drive pressure significantly? I have been leaving my settings on the actual stock spool and not economy spool thinking it would be the safest. Is this the correct thinking?
    My questions went a little sideways of drive pressure but they all were based on fear of HG failure which drive pressure creates if it's too much. Boost psi will if its above 85 psi but on the 6.7 it's the drive psi that usually would be the guilty condition due to the VGT turbo setup. Again, I'm not an expert but this is my knowledge. I was afraid that hp setting, timing, rail psi, and turbo spool would all add up to drive psi.

To answer your question, the best I can, I was told that as soon as you go from an idol the vanes on the turbo quickly adjust and does not affect anything. It's more of a sound thing from an idol or park. But while driving highway speeds the turbo runs normal based on needs. Hope this helps. Perhaps someone else is better qualified to answer but I gave you my 2 cents worth.

15. Thanks Lunkhead thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12