Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Service 4WD" anything to check before dealer trip?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    I agree with you on that. I've seen this happen on customer's trucks but I don't remember if it involved the abs warning too. They are usually cold related and go away on their own.
    What I was saying is the Traction system shares the same system sensors as the ABS. Agreed on the cold.

Give me back the 60's! I had a Diesel International 4 X 4 Travelall. 4 Levers on the floor. 4 speed, 2 or 4 wheel, Low or high range, and I forgot the 4th one did. LOL If it didn't move you pulled as hard as you could.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #22

"Service 4WD" anything to check before dealer trip?

I've been thinking. It has to be a loose wire. The door slamming affects the lights as well as I was parked on a hill at her house. I'm gonna look at some wiring diagrams and play with associated connectors before I do anything else. I would love to have a manual shifter for this. So much simpler and less problematic.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    What I was saying is the Traction system shares the same system sensors as the ABS. Agreed on the cold.

Give me back the 60's! I had a Diesel International 4 X 4 Travelall. 4 Levers on the floor. 4 speed, 2 or 4 wheel, Low or high range, and I forgot the 4th one did. LOL If it didn't move you pulled as hard as you could.
    Yes sir. My 2012 is an ST model and has the manual transfer case. It does only what I want, when I want. Nothing like keeping things simple.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

"Service 4WD" anything to check before dealer trip?

So my neighbors friend is a hardcore diag tech and as soon as I told him my symptoms he said to install a shifter motor. He said that's what they do and they are pretty common failures. So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Ordered one from rockauto then called the dealer. 50 more bucks for OEM over dorman so I have a motor in my hands. Just hope the install goes smooth with lining the shifter shaft and motor up.

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I was thinking motor, but wanted everything else eliminated first. I never had an issue with my 4 X's. But then again, I never used it much.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #26
    So it wasn't the motor. There is a module behind the glove box that has 6 wires? I think in it. This module controls the back up sensors and the 4wd. If your having problems with both of them. (I was but didn't connect the problems). The wires corrode and usually can be cleaned if caught soon enough. So I cleaned the module pins and got new pins inside the connector and all is well. I don't know how to make this more easily seen but this info will help a lot of people as these trucks age. I can get pics in a day or 2 to help people locate the area I'm talking about.

Any way to make this a sticky or something once I do?

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I can make it sticky, or make a new thread and tag a moderator to make it sticky. Your choice. I am leaning toward the new thread and make it sticky.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #28
    Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I can make it sticky, or make a new thread and tag a moderator to make it sticky. Your choice. I am leaning toward the new thread and make it sticky.
    That should work. My gf is driving it today or I would do it now. I'll get the pic when I can.

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Great job running this down. Excellent How to sticky material for sure.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I bad. I shouldn't trouble shoot when I am sick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast