Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Biggish or Go home? Compounds....

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Go Biggish or Go home? Compounds....

I'm in the same boat as you guy. I have my viper GTS coupe my Mercedes e55 amg e63 conv. I like to play haven't gotten as far as you yet. Only got 1000 miles on the C. But it's Cummin.....Soon. I'm with you. Not my first go round with these trucks. The way your set up now I can't imagine why your not slipping in second. And whatever you do beware the 6 -5 drop. You'll loose it for sure there. I'm going re max.my trans is fine.

I'm going to an insurance auction and buying a truck C O D..... Certificate of destruction. They sell cheap. I'm going to use the trans for a core. Keep the engine for a build and sell the parts leftover for more than I paid for the entire truck.

Clutches are weak in the 68....So is the sprag.... Pull your good trans. Save it for a rainy day. Use a POS for a core.

2. Likes Brendo86, fourteen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Looks awesome!! Any update on your setup? Did you get in all installed and how do you like it? Interested in this myself in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickcrsx View Post
    I will be the first to admit I have a serious problem when it comes to keeping things stock. You see; IF it can be turned up and theres more room on the table when hell; I am gonna turn it up.

At least my truck made it to 15,000 Miiles before I did something major. My poor Hellcat lasted about 1000 miles before she got major modifications.

to date the truck is deleted, ARP 625's and tuned by Ray @Double R Diesel

So I pulled the trigger on a compound turbo kit by Hardway Performance. This kit specifically - https://hardwayperformance.com/dodge...t-stage-2.html

Little write up - "2013-15 6.7 Cummins Compound Turbo Kit Stage 2This kit utilizes your factory manifold with a factory replacement FPE billet 63mm Cheetah turbo charger in conjunction with supplied piping kit and a cast 75mm S400 (S475/96-1.32AR-T6) or you can upgrade to a billet wheel.
    Applications to include all 2013-2015 6.7 Ram 2500-5500 trucks with everything intact underhood or those with existing tasteful upgrades."

And So why this kit? - What about drive pressures? Why would anyone not go 2nd gen swap?

A few reasons really; the most obvious is the exhaust brake and the ability to maintain it without the additional of yet another aftermarket part. May motto is that closest to stock is always best and I think this kit just improves on what was already great. The Cheetah will get me the flow I need and the Borg Warner will give me back the low end and throttle response I am looking for. Keeping in mind that I also ordered the Steed Speed V24 Manifold to accompany the setup as well to help maintain drive pressures.

Lastly, whenever I do something to modify I always try and offset it by adding a future proof'd mod i can benefit from now. So in addition I will be adding an AirDog200 Lift pump. (Not FAS - my mechanic loves AirDog so I will go with what he loves)

I tow a lot. I have 2 race cars and don't need a 3rd so I want to keep this truck functional as its pulling 15-20k nearly every weekend. This will really bring down my EGT's to something more manageable and hopefully give me the 500-600whp truck I want. Guys are putting down 700whp on this exact kit with stock studs and fuel so I think my goals are modest.

Concerns -
    -Still on a stock (non-abused) 68RFE. I hate this and a RevMax setup is in my very near future. But mentally I am really really hard pressed to replace it when its been nothing but rock solid to date. Ray is my tuner and really does a good job at keeping this thing intact. Lastly, a experienced right foot is the ultimate deciding factor in longevity.

-Turbo Whistle - Who cares right? Hell yes i care. I love my whistle tune and I really hope i don't lose it.

Quick video of the kit -

Build is happening in 2 weeks so I will keep you all posted on results.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dman255 View Post
    Looks awesome!! Any update on your setup? Did you get in all installed and how do you like it? Interested in this myself in the near future.
    X2 on that!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dman255 View Post
    hey!

work got a little crazy on me but as of April 1 it should be all done.

Headed to Texas Mud Nationals this week so kept her as close to stock as possible to avoid any complications.

As as soon as she's done we will for sure head to the dyno and I will post up results.

6. Thanks Cummins7 thanked for this post
    Likes Cummins7 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

hey!

Headed to Texas Mud Nationals this week so kept her as close to stock as possible to avoid any complications.

As as soon as she's done we will for sure head to the dyno and I will post up results.
    Can you post pics of instal also? Or just some pics after instal?

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Yep happens to me quite often LOL. Looking forward to pics and results!!
    hey!

9. Thanks Cummins7 thanked for this post
    Likes Cummins7 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

This guy says go big or home to. Truck pulls wildwood fl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I will be the first to admit I have a serious problem when it comes to keeping things stock. You see; IF it can be turned up and theres more room on the table when hell; I am gonna turn it up.

At least my truck made it to 15,000 Miiles before I did something major. My poor Hellcat lasted about 1000 miles before she got major modifications.

to date the truck is deleted, ARP 625's and tuned by Ray @Double R Diesel

So I pulled the trigger on a compound turbo kit by Hardway Performance. This kit specifically - https://hardwayperformance.com/dodge...t-stage-2.html

Little write up - "2013-15 6.7 Cummins Compound Turbo Kit Stage 2This kit utilizes your factory manifold with a factory replacement FPE billet 63mm Cheetah turbo charger in conjunction with supplied piping kit and a cast 75mm S400 (S475/96-1.32AR-T6) or you can upgrade to a billet wheel.
    Applications to include all 2013-2015 6.7 Ram 2500-5500 trucks with everything intact underhood or those with existing tasteful upgrades."

And So why this kit? - What about drive pressures? Why would anyone not go 2nd gen swap?

A few reasons really; the most obvious is the exhaust brake and the ability to maintain it without the additional of yet another aftermarket part. May motto is that closest to stock is always best and I think this kit just improves on what was already great. The Cheetah will get me the flow I need and the Borg Warner will give me back the low end and throttle response I am looking for. Keeping in mind that I also ordered the Steed Speed V24 Manifold to accompany the setup as well to help maintain drive pressures.

Lastly, whenever I do something to modify I always try and offset it by adding a future proof'd mod i can benefit from now. So in addition I will be adding an AirDog200 Lift pump. (Not FAS - my mechanic loves AirDog so I will go with what he loves)

I tow a lot. I have 2 race cars and don't need a 3rd so I want to keep this truck functional as its pulling 15-20k nearly every weekend. This will really bring down my EGT's to something more manageable and hopefully give me the 500-600whp truck I want. Guys are putting down 700whp on this exact kit with stock studs and fuel so I think my goals are modest.

Concerns -
    -Still on a stock (non-abused) 68RFE. I hate this and a RevMax setup is in my very near future. But mentally I am really really hard pressed to replace it when its been nothing but rock solid to date. Ray is my tuner and really does a good job at keeping this thing intact. Lastly, a experienced right foot is the ultimate deciding factor in longevity.

-Turbo Whistle - Who cares right? Hell yes i care. I love my whistle tune and I really hope i don't lose it.

Quick video of the kit -

Build is happening in 2 weeks so I will keep you all posted on results.
    Looks like a real bad to the bone kit bud congrats you will have to upgrade your tranny fairly quickly

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes AJAX161 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Install goes down this weekend. Updates to come.

14. Thanks Cummins7 thanked for this post
    Likes Cummins7, dodgedieselskog liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Awesome!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast