Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to delete 2016 Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Looking to delete 2016 Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota_farmer View Post
    I originally planned on waiting until my warranty was up to delete my 2016 Cummins. I have made it 7,500 miles and my DEF system has thrown codes on two separate occasions. Codes were not active when I got to the dealer but they said it was from being so cold and not getting proper flow. If I'm going to get a check engine light every time it's -25 in Minnesota then I may as well just say eff it and just get it over with now.

Looking for a mild tune with a physical delete of the EGR and all that jazz. Pro or con from going Turbo back for exhaust versus CAT back on the exhaust? Looks like RaceMe with a tune from Double R is a popular suggestion in here?

saw somebody said something about it made their turbo spool on a cold start on a RaceMe box tune but I think it does that from the factory as it mine does it on cold starts below -10 (or that's when I noticed it at least)

Anybody want to hold my hand for a minute and give me a suggestion or should I just call the guys at Double R tomorrow?
    Call @Double R Diesel and let him fix you up with a MM3 with warp custom tuning

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Permanent Vacation Brendan Warhol's Avatar

User Info Menu

Very interesting. I am in the market to start doing deletes and tune. Just trying to decide which way to go. I don't just wanna go somewhere and get it done without knowing what's out there and what's best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I just did a mm3 with the flow pro race pipes. So I'm just 4" straight piped. It is just a little louder in the cab but it is nice. Got a great deal from @Rollin Smoke Diesel. It has tunes from anarchy and they were very good at helping out. Ray is great too

2017 2500 Black Larime CCSB | AFE CAI | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel

2017 Ram 2500 CCSB | AFE CAI | 4" Straight Pipe | MM3 Tuned by Anarchy

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hi guys. I'm looking at getting an MM3 and a tune from DRD as well.

I emailed him but I am not a lifetime member yet.

I wanted to get his opinion before I spend the cash. My truck has been stressful lately. I'm in Winnipeg so it gets mega cold here and i can't plug it in at home. At work i can. Truck starts fine but misses and bellows white smoke when the grid heater isn't active.

2015 Cummins 92000km

EFi Live 90HP with tranny mod and tune. 5 inch Flowmaster.

Original tune kept the EGR and throttle plate in place.

The turbo started acting up so I swapped it for a non VGT s363 from smeding diesel

Removed the EGR and throttle plate. No cel but it needs a tune for the changes.

I already have a thread on the EFi live but it never hurts to have more right, LOL.

I was told by a local dyno shop that he can't tune to fix the cold/ warm up issue. Not sure if he is right. I'm not a tuner.

It has me thinking of adding a coil heater in the intake or the glacier diesel relocate heater. perhaps an Wabesto heater but these are all maybes on the will it fix it scale.

Hoping someone has some answers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12