Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Anyone running a CAI

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Anyone running a CAI

Checking to see if anyone here is actually running a CAI. I know a lot of people say the stock set up flows more than enough as it is or recommends the S&B set up. I bought an INJEN CAI that im going to intall next week, it was the only one that I saw that had actual dyno results. Not expecting a spectacular difference but 25HP 65tq should register on the butt dyno right?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone running a CAI

If all you wanted was a CAI, then don't remove the one you got now. The stock air cleaner is actually a Cold Air Intake System. It is enclosed and only take in air from outside the engine compartment. The only disadvantage of this CAI is the restriction of the viening in the intake tube that is from the cleaner box to the turbo opening. Remove that and your good to go.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Likes mazukea liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Only reason I have one is because I'm a redneck... I gotta hear that turbo whistle😎

Thomas-2012 Saddle Brown Pearl CCSB

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@Homebrew the system you have is good, I was only mentioning that many people don't understand the basic of a CAI. I had my stock system until I had the parts laying on the garage floor and my loving daughter didn't look as she pullled into the garage and ran over it. (words said then can not be mentioned here). I then began owning a S&B system since I wasn't gonna pay the prices they want. I got mine used from a friend who took it off before trading his truck in for newer one. It's just many of the CAI's I see sold really are not a true CAI if the pulls any air in from inside the engine compartment.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Banks CAI has dyno results and is a true cold air intake, pulls from the same location as stock. The difference as I see it is the throught diameter of the filter itself is like 7 ".

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by megactdman View Post
    Banks CAI has dyno results and is a true cold air intake, pulls from the same location as stock. The difference as I see it is the throught diameter of the filter itself is like 7 ".

Yes it is, oil only, and if something happens to the filter, it's from them only, and check their replacement prices,

Jim