Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switching Tunes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Switching Tunes

Ok...I need my experts here (Double R and others)... I am SERIOUSLY considering swapping my EFI Live for Race ME Ultra. I have been having some issues (tuner response and tunes) with EFI Live (throwing O2 sensor codes when noO2 sensors are still on truck). Truck runs fine, but the MIL / CEL is driving my OCD Crazy!!!! Tuner says it is my truck or I forgot to unplug something (can tell me what though), but that's another story. I have been impressed by the user reviews on the Ultra. My questions are as follows: 1. Do I need to return truck to stock or can I just install Ultra over current EFI Live tunes? 2. I had a Smarty Jr on truck before deletes and it caused a dead pedal issue, has this been an issue with anyone using the Ultra? 3. What is the current thinking on when custom tuning for the Ultra may be available (I like the 12V sound and other things Ray has been showing)? 4. Anyone in the market for a CTS II and EFI Live Autocal??? Thanks in advance for any advice... TRUCK SPECS: 2012 Ram 2500 Mega, EFILive (for now), 4" FloPro exhaust, BD Throttle sensitivity Booster, BD 68RFE trans pressure lock, BD Booster Builder.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by schoolyg24 View Post
    Ok...I need my experts here (Double R and others)... I am SERIOUSLY considering swapping my EFI Live for Race ME Ultra. I have been having some issues (tuner response and tunes) with EFI Live (throwing O2 sensor codes when noO2 sensors are still on truck). Truck runs fine, but the MIL / CEL is driving my OCD Crazy!!!! Tuner says it is my truck or I forgot to unplug something (can tell me what though), but that's another story. I have been impressed by the user reviews on the Ultra. My questions are as follows: 1. Do I need to return truck to stock or can I just install Ultra over current EFI Live tunes? 2. I had a Smarty Jr on truck before deletes and it caused a dead pedal issue, has this been an issue with anyone using the Ultra? 3. What is the current thinking on when custom tuning for the Ultra may be available (I like the 12V sound and other things Ray has been showing)? 4. Anyone in the market for a CTS II and EFI Live Autocal??? Thanks in advance for any advice... TRUCK SPECS: 2012 Ram 2500 Mega, EFILive (for now), 4" FloPro exhaust, BD Throttle sensitivity Booster, BD 68RFE trans pressure lock, BD Booster Builder.
    You shouldn't have those codes if the tuning was done correctly.

You can flash right over EFI Live or any other tuning for that matter. I did.

I have no dead pedal issues with the Ultra on my own 2012.

Custom tuning will be neato once the software is available for me to do it.

If you go with the Ultra, you won't need any of those BD products you listed any more.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

@schoolyg24

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks Dale's Super Store, schoolyg24 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information Double R...I'll be getting a hold of you once am ready to proceed. Hopefully in a week or so.

6. Likes DRD, Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

It is very disappointing to see what you and a lot of others are going through with their 'custom' EFI Live tunes. I know there are some great EFI tuners out there but man... some of the others are real chumps.

I can assure you that Ray is the real deal. You will not be disappointed if you decide to have him tune your truck👍

Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Thanks schoolyg24, oneshotkyle thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

@schoolyg24 Who did your EFI Live Tunes?

Luke
    www.dieseldawgs.com
    lukesdiesel@yahoo.com

10. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

It was Hardway (EFIbyRyan). I don't want to speak ill of anyone or "bash" a business, but I will say that while a didn't have much luck in the beginning, Cody from Hardway did answer my questions via email. My issue with the MIL / CEL haws been solved. The tunes are good and the performance is good, I am just looking for that extra bit of flexibility. It sounds like the Ultra may be my answer.

12. Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I may wait a bit until custom Ultra tuning is available...but Ray at Double R will be getting a call from me at some point for sure.

14. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by schoolyg24 View Post
    It was Hardway (EFIbyRyan). I don't want to speak ill of anyone or "bash" a business, but I will say that while a didn't have much luck in the beginning, Cody from Hardway did answer my questions via email. My issue with the MIL / CEL haws been solved. The tunes are good and the performance is good, I am just looking for that extra bit of flexibility. It sounds like the Ultra may be my answer.
    Really glad you got everything worked out. I am curious though... was the fix a new tune or did you really have something unplugged that should not have been?

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

16. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

There is a control module on the passenger side frame rail that all the exhaust sensors run to, it appears that it collects the signals and sends them to the ecm. I unplugged it and MIL / CEL cleared and mpg increased 1.5 mpgs. Noob mistake really. It wasn't tune related. I was just hoping for more direction than "it's you not us."

18. Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast