Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: People stealing mm3

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

People stealing mm3

I haven't had this happen but just thinking. Can you disconnect the mm3 and put it in the glove box and plug it back in before you start? What happens if you start the truck without the mm3 and your deleted? I do like the piller mount for it.

Trey
    2013 Ram 2500 4x4 Tradesman 285/70/17 S&B Cold Air Intake! Still debating on programmers!

2013 Black Tradesman,285/70/17 Black Rhino Rims,S&B Intake and more to come!
    https://www.igotacummins.com/forum.php?referrerid=13238

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: People stealing mm3

I don’t even lock my truck. Joys of living in a small town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, Snow Dodge liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slick8609 View Post
    I don’t even lock my truck. Joys of living in a small town

I'm in Alabama, not long ago a couple of punks were breaking into cars! Just a thought that crossed my mind!

Trey
    2013 Ram 2500 4x4 Tradesman 285/70/17 S&B Cold Air Intake! Still debating on programmers!

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Oh I know. Around here everyone knows everyone

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I visit my daughter in Vegas each year and she says there is high thief in many areas. I have a towel the same color as my dash and dash cover that I through over the steering wheel and Smarty Touch. It's the same size as the MM3 and other units on the column. After several years of doing this in unknown many cities across the country, no problems as of yet.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, Snow Dodge liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

If you start your truck without the MM3, it runs the same because you already wrote the program on the ecm. You just won't have gauges or the ability to switch tunes.

12. Thanks Reyn, Polaraco thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

You'll be fine. However, a warning, they are not made to be removed over and over. I know. I broke mine.

Your best solution is to make it difficult to remove

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    You'll be fine. However, a warning, they are not made to be removed over and over. I know. I broke mine.

That sucks! What happened did you brake some of the pins off or something?

Trey
    2013 Ram Cummins 68RFE 2500 4x4 Tradesman 285/70/17 S&B Cold Air Intake! Still debating on programmers!

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yeah .the plug and pins get misaligned after being unplugged and plugged in many times!!!

08 RAM 3500 SRW 6.7 Cummins, HPP deletes, RaceMe Ultra, Flo-Pro 5" TBE, 68RFE Trans, 4.10 Gears,18x10 Moto Metal Chrome 285x65x18, Toyo A/T Open Country

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post

That sucks bud that happened to you and thanks for that very important info good stuff to know

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post