Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: popping when turning

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: popping when turning

If it's binding bad enough, you'll feel it I the wheel.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

My first thought was a axle joint since it's a 4x4. Have replaced quite a few between my trucks and my dad's

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Any updates @jas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie, too many to list...

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Sorry for taking so long to get back with y'all but I think I found my problem...When I was going through the roundabout to merge on the highway it was making a terrible thumping and shaking so I pulled over to see what was going on and right when I slipped off the pavement the studs snapped and there went my wheel. And to add insult to injury all that wobbling bored out the lug holes in my rim so I'm sitting on stocks until I can get a new rim);

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Did you install aftermarket wheels and leave the little rotor retaining clips on the studs?

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

yes

9. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

That's the number one cause of wheel loss. Glad you're ok.

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Wow! That had us all fooled. As long as your OK. Looks like you caught it just in time.

Better run around and get those other wheels taken care of. Check them a few times after a few hundred miles

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Wow! Glad you are ok as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie, too many to list...

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    Did you install aftermarket wheels and leave the little rotor retaining clips on the studs?
    @Rhinopkc

Please elaborate! I just installed after market wheels and there are small copper colored clips on some of the studs, but not all of them. Are those the clips your talking about?

Also, this thread seems like a good place to ask this. I just instilled a Carli 2.5 leveling kit with an adjustable track bar. I installed the kit and had the front end aligned the next day. I have been running it for about a week and yesterday developed a pop when I turn the left. It pops at 1/2 to a 1/4 turn before lock and it does it wile sitting still almost every time. Tonight I got under it and put a 18" 3/4 drive ratchet on the bolts and couldn't budge them. The pop defiantly sounded like it was coming form the track bar on frame connection side. Dose anyone know what the torque spec for those bolts are? I'll try again tomorrow with a cheater bar.

Last edited by niteghost; 12-22-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast