Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Built 68RFE options

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Built 68RFE options

Hi Building my truck to be a 700hp daily driver. Tried searching around the forum here for built trans options. Most Threads are like a year or older. So thought i'd ask and see if there are any newer developments or options for a 68RFE that can hold up to my needs?
    Thanks, Donovan

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Built 68RFE options

Hey bud! There are several good options for you to choose from. I'm not sure who you currently had in mind, but here is one that i recommend.

Revmax 700 series transmission as well as their 850 option as well.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have a heavy hauler full race transmission from North American power train components with trans tuning from ray. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Revmax as mentioned
    Suncoast offers one
    Recently there was a thread asking about Monster. Which builds to suit needs

Getting into those HP levels to the ground the 68 starts not being happy even a fully built transmission. You'll be throwing the kitchen sink at what is offered for building it up. Some companies claim 800hp others conservative 600hp
    You may find someone with a wild hair that says theirs will take close to 1000hp. Be careful with that

Depending on what you use it for even as a daily driver. If you start getting into big HP maybe think about a 47/48

5. Thanks V10sport thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at revmax. Never heard of monster other than the recent thread. Know very little of suncoast, other than seemed to read not great reviews on their customer service? Never heard of North american power train components. I'll have to check them out. Thanks. Read something on a company commercial powertrain (Canada I believe) that claimed something like that 1,000 hp you referred to out of their 68. I don't know but hopefully its possible? Odd that they seem to be the only one with that claim. Checked a little on the 47/48 swap but seemed like with any I looked at I'd be losing some options plus my resale value. Prefer to stay 68. 47/48 still might be better way to go though in the end LOL. I just need to figure out which is the best option to run with now.
    Thanks again, Donovan

7. Thanks V10sport thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dman255 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I was looking at revmax. Never heard of monster other than the recent thread. Know very little of suncoast, other than seemed to read not great reviews on their customer service? Never heard of North american power train components. I'll have to check them out. Thanks. Read something on a company commercial powertrain (Canada I believe) that claimed something like that 1,000 hp you referred to out of their 68. I don't know but hopefully its possible? Odd that they seem to be the only one with that claim. Checked a little on the 47/48 swap but seemed like with any I looked at I'd be losing some options plus my resale value. Prefer to stay 68. 47/48 still might be better way to go though in the end LOL. I just need to figure out which is the best option to run with now.
    Thanks again, Donovan
    The 47/48 will hold much high power. Ya you'd be losing a couple options with the 68. OD is a big one
    If you're in for bigger numbers and wanting it to hold together without rebuilding $6000+ a few times while owning. It's a good option
    Trade with a dealer would hurt unless it was a place that dealt strictly diesels and sold modified trucks to

There's other swap options but they get pretty expensive. $10,000+
    But proven to handle 1200+ HP

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dman255 View Post
    Thanks again, Donovan
    The 47/48 will hold much high power. Ya you'd be losing a couple options with the 68. OD is a big one
    If you're in for bigger numbers and wanting it to hold together without rebuilding $6000+ a few times while owning. It's a good option
    Trade with a dealer would hurt unless it was a place that dealt strictly diesels and sold modified trucks to

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post

Who would you recommend to check out as far as a 47/48 swap? Just so I can check all my options.
    Thanks, Donovan

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Totally your call. They are reliable, strong and for a built one priced great

You'd have a little work swapping but nothing over the top

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Doesn't Garmon performance still make a tranny?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast