Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird things going on with my RaceME Ultra.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Weird things going on with my RaceME Ultra.

I've noticed a few things on the Ultra ever since I installed it on my 2014 2500. I have jumped out in traffic a couple of times, hard on the throttle and instantly off to get slowed down and I noticed a weird idle and my rail pressure was staying abnormally high. Also the trans tuning doesn't seem to change much in that department. The top two gears seem to be weirdly soft and kind of like it slips in instead of a firm shift. And the turbo seems like it don't spool smoothly sometimes. Also it doesn't engage the exhaust brake on cold mornings like it did before for quicker warm ups. May need an update but I am having pure hell trying to get the update. Been using Apple computers for too long I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Weird things going on with my RaceME Ultra.

What firmware are you using? If it is not the latest update then I would definitely update to it.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Weird things going on with my RaceME Ultra.

It's at least 1 generation out on the firmware if not more. I'm just a little nervous about losing what I've got on my sd card or somehow screwing up my tune trying to update it. Not like my old Bullydog updates. Plug it up and it pretty much did it itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I just realized that it's on the 6-5 and 5-4 downshifts where it feels mushy or slippy. May just be a Dodge thing, sorry, RAM thing. My 4500 has the AS68RC, so when it shifts up or down-it's solid every time.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You're experiencing a very common issue with the RaceMe box tunes. To date, the 120hp box tune resolves the rail pressure spike that happens on the 30 and 60 HP settings.

Transmission tuning is a shot in the dark as it is a universal setup.

Best recommendation is to talk to @Double R Diesel about WARP tuning.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

If you need help with firmware updates, I have plenty of videos on the forum, as does Ray. I'm also available to do remote assistance sessions to walk you thru everything right on your computer.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, easttxram thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

When I installed it I went ahead and loaded the 120 box tune since the heaviest thing I'm towing is my SxS. I definitely need to update it. If I can ever make time to sit down and do it. Any links to the videos?

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by easttxram View Post
    When I installed it I went ahead and loaded the 120 box tune since the heaviest thing I'm towing is my SxS. I definitely need to update it. If I can ever make time to sit down and do it. Any links to the videos?

What settings are you running right now? Cause I haven't heard anyone complain of rail spikes on the 120 tune

https://www.igotacummins.com/showthread.php?t=7156

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    What settings are you running right now? Cause I haven't heard anyone complain of rail spikes on the 120 tune

https://www.igotacummins.com/showthread.php?t=7156

I'll have to check my settings-I can't remember of the top of my head. They were on the safer side I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

New to the forum but have been running raceme for close to a year now. I have been noticing similar issues on my 2014 2500. I first noticed it after the first update of the year and still noticed after the second. Just updated to the most recent and have not had a chance to play with it. I am running 120/1850/23 on a normal spool. I notice the rail spikes accelerating out of low RPM (<1000) and in turn am blowing more smoke than normal. When this happens it almost sounds like the 12v rattle. I may be completely out of context to post here but sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. I've also noticed my VGT sitting around 80 at idle.

Thanks in advance!
    2014 2500, raceme ultra, 5" flopro exhaust

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast