Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Laramie Longhorn for AEV?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Trade Laramie Longhorn for AEV?

I have an opportunity to trade my 2017 Laramie Longhorn for a 2017 AEV with 37 inch tires. The AEV started life as a XLT instead of a fully loaded truck like ours. Just not sure of loosing the heated and cooled seats and paying an extra 9K is worth it. The sticker on the AEV is 81K and the sticker on ours was 76K. The interior is a little less plush as far as a direct comparison but just not sure it's worth it.

We have build some really big trucks in the past and we have another 2015 that we installed 4.10 gears and the Eaton front locker so it's already well equipped. Our 2017 is while and the 2015 is Grey. The AEV is also Grey so it would match!!LOL I would still need to install the front locker to make it right!

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Trade Laramie Longhorn for AEV?

Man that would be tempting.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It's very tempting but I we are giving up the A/C seats. It has heated seats. The apolstery isn't quite as nice but the over all concept of the truck is pretty cool. It's a hard decision but it's a one time deal probably so I am really torn on what to do. The Longhorn Laramie is debadged and has 35 12.50 20 Nitto Trail Grapplers on it so it looks good. And it only has 1200 miles on it even though we have had it 6 months.

6. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

We went and took a hard look at the truck last night. The truck has leather seats but not heated so we are giving that up also. I will be honest....although it's a great concept....the trucks are over priced for what they are. That being said, you can get them down on these trucks to make it a better value. We have done Carli suspension on some of our other trucks and it has been flawless for what we do. We are not wealthy but we can afford to do this but I am having trouble justifying the value of the truck vs what we have. One I put the locker in the front of our Laramie Longhorn and maybe a 3 inch carli set up it becomes a more capable truck than the AEV. Just my observation and not trying to start any arguments but the parts on the truck just don't reflect the price as far as I can tell.

8. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Is say keep the longhorn. Everything the AEV has can be done to your truck....won't be cheap but you can slowly piece it out if that's what you want. I pretty much just like the bumper they come with and the gears.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

10. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Got them down to $7500 difference and they are putting a couple of things. It's sitting in the driveway right now but we have until Monday to decide. I will say...it rides and drives better than our laramie but that would be expected with the set up. My wife has stated that it is her truck if we get it and the 2015 Grey truck will become hers also since I have a company car. Not sure how the hell that works but apparently it does. We are going to wash and spray wax it this morning to see how it looks. The only thing we might miss in the other truck is the A/C seats but not sure if that can be added at this point.

12. Likes Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAZMAN View Post
    Got them down to $7500 difference and they are putting a couple of things. It's sitting in the driveway right now but we have until Monday to decide. I will say...it rides and drives better than our laramie but that would be expected with the set up. My wife has stated that it is her truck if we get it and the 2015 Grey truck will become hers also since I have a company car. Not sure how the hell that works but apparently it does. We are going to wash and spray wax it this morning to see how it looks. The only thing we might miss in the other truck is the A/C seats but not sure if that can be added at this point.
    I think you know exactly how that happens

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Likes cumminsbadgirl, Noneck liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The AC seats are not really AC, it is just a fan that blows air so I believe the seats are all self contained. The controls may be a challenge since there is no switch on the seat itself, but should not be too difficult to turn a fan on. If you could find a set from a wrecked truck is may not be too expensive either. You nay be able to add the parts to the existing seats, here is the diagram and parts for the 2017 Cooled Seat, the main parts from wht I can see are 6, 7 and 25.

1 - HEADREST 26 - INNER SIDE SHIELD
    2 - HEADREST SLEEVE - SLAVE 27 - SIDE SHIELD MOUNTING BRACKET
    3 - HEADREST SLEEVE - MASTER 28 - BRACKET SCREWS
    4 - SEAT BACK FOAM/COVER 29 - SEAT POSITION SWITCH
    5 - OUTER SIDE SHIELD - INBOARD 30 - MEMORY SWITCH SCREWS
    6 - SEAT CUSHION VENT BAG 31 - MEMORY SWITCH
    7 - SEAT BACK VENT BAG 32 - SWITCH BEZEL
    8 - LUMBAR MOTOR BOLT 10 N·m (89 in. lbs.) 33 - LUMBAR SWITCH
    9 - CLIPS (4) 34 - OUTER SIDE SHIELD
    10 - SEAT BACK FRAME ASSEMBLY 35 - SIDE SHIELD MOUNTING BRACKET
    11 - FOAM SUPPORT SCREWS 36 - MODULE BRACKET SCREWS
    12 - PLASTIC FOAM SUPPORT 37 - MODULE BRACKET
    13 - FOAM SUPPORT PUSH PINS 38 - HEATED SEAT MODULE
    14 - LUMBAR ASSEMBLY 39 - WIRE HARNESS - LOWER POWER HEAT/COOL
    15 - DIAGONAL SUPPORT BRACE SCREWS (2) 40 - BRACKET SCREWS
    16 - BACK FRAME DIAGONAL SUPPORT BRACE 41 - BRACKET
    17 - VENTED SEAT BACK BLOWER MOTOR 42 - MEMORY MODULE
    18 - WIRE HARNESS - BACK POWER HEAT 43 - CUSHION FRAME
    19 - DIAGONAL SUPPORT BRACE SCREW 44 - CUSHION FRAME SCREWS
    20 - CLIPS 45 - 6 WAY POWER ADJUSTER ASSEMBLY
    21 - LOWER BACK FRAME BRACE SCREWS (4) 46 - BELT BUCKLE ASSEMBLY
    22 - LOWER BACK FRAME BRACE 47 - INNER SIDE SHIELD
    23 - SEAT BACK BOLTS 40 N·m (30 Ft. lbs.) 48 - BELT BUCKLE BOLT 50 N·m (37 Ft. lbs.)
    24 - SEAT CUSHION SUSPENSION MAT 49 - SEAT CUSHION FOAM/COVER
    25 - VENTED SEAT CUSHION BLOWER MOTOR

Where are the pics of this new AEV Truck?

16. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAZMAN View Post
    Got them down to $7500 difference and they are putting a couple of things. It's sitting in the driveway right now but we have until Monday to decide. I will say...it rides and drives better than our laramie but that would be expected with the set up. We are going to wash and spray wax it this morning to see how it looks. The only thing we might miss in the other truck is the A/C seats but not sure if that can be added at this point.
    "My wife has stated that it is her truck if we get it and the 2015 Grey truck will become hers also since I have a company car. Not sure how the hell that works but apparently it does. "

What's "MINE" is mine
    What's "YOURS" is mine
    What's "OURS" is mine

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

18. Likes Power247 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Here goes the whole compromise thing again. LOL.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

20. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast