Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EXHAUST stainless lines- what to do??

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

EXHAUST stainless lines- what to do??

Hey All,

What are the options in securing the metal lines that run from up around the trans and down pipe to the DPF? Are they just disconnected and plugged with a stainless bolt where they meet the rubber lines? Or does that unit get removed from over the trans?

Sorry for the dumb question I just haven't seen this discussed.

Thanks

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EXHAUST stainless lines- what to do??

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Hey All,

What are the options in securing the metal lines that run from up around the trans and down pipe to the DPF? Are they just disconnected and plugged with a stainless bolt where they meet the rubber lines? Or does that unit get removed from over the trans?

Sorry for the dumb question I just haven't seen this discussed.

Thanks
    On my 13 I just left them everything where they were and used zip ties for the ones that were wanting to dangle. Shibby makes a kit to plug the electrical connectors to prevent debris getting in there. Others have used electrical tape on the ends. Nothing fancy required which is why you likely haven’t seen a lot discussed.

If you’re interested in the shibby kit hit up Clayton at Dudes Diesel who’s a vendor on here and he will hook you up!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

See if I can help you out. If you are talking about the pressuresensor that is on the tranny side with the 2 lines that come off when you pullthe exhaust. Here is a picture of onefrom a 2011. I think this would be the same for your 2012. You can duct tape or put a rubber hose andconnect it as a loop on both fittings and then small hose clamps to keep out debris.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Perfect - Yup, that's the ones. I'd rather not just tie them up for fear of damage. That picture shows a lot. Looks like removal to that point then a short section of 1/4" I.D hose (or the same size as what was removed) looped between the 2 barbs would be a viable solution to sealing the sensor inlets.

Thanks for the insight!

Cheers,

CMB

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

glad I actually was helpful today.

Justin

10. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Seems like I've read a couple times that those need to be left open to the atmosphere. I'm not sure why or if it matters what year it is. @Double R Diesel

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Seems like I've read a couple times that those need to be left open to the atmosphere. I'm not sure why or if it matters what year it is. @Double R Diesel

Are you talking about the exhaust pressure sensor that is located in front of egr on early 6.7's
    And late 4th gens I think it's located under the egr

Justin

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The picture is the DPF pressure sensor.
    The exhaust pressure sensor is something else and yes that unplugged or damaged can cause issues with the exhaust brake.

Justin

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post

The delta pressure sensor found 07.5-12 model trucks can left open to the atmosphere, capped off, taped over...it doesn't matter once you delete. The main thing on these model trucks is the make sure the wires for the no longer used O2 sensors and such are left tucked away neat and covered.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Just to confirm - my truck is a 2012. I was referring to the 2 lines that run to the DPF. One terminates in front of the DPF canister and the other terminates behind. It would make sense that these are some sort of pressure sensor that measures the pressure difference pre and post DPF. The lines appear to be stainless running along the exhaust then transition to rubber about 4 inches before the sensor itself. Sensor removal would be preferred but it looks like it is attached to the top of the trans. The best solution may be to remove the lines then loop a piece of rubber tubing between the 2 barbs to keep the inlets clean.

If this is acceptable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast