Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift options

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Lift options

Hey guys just looking for your opinions here...

Looking for a 3-4in lift for the truck in spring, is the ready lift 3 and 1 kits any good or should I stick with an actual lift? I like the TGC one I linked below, I'll also link the ready lift one too. Obviously a huge $ difference but the TGC one includes more too. I'm aware I need shocks too.

http://www.topguncustomz.com/p-13514...x#.VlTXlxfnbMJ

http://www.xtremediesel.com/ReadyLif...-Lift-Kit.aspx

~Trevor~ aka TPain!

-2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@Boostf3d_TSi If I were you I would spend the money and get the TGC kit. I just bought the BDS for mine but bought a steering box brace to go with it. Mine came with the steering stabilizer as well but I bought the Carli version. Like I said I would just do it right so you're not coming back later and throwing extra money into it down the road to end up replacing all the parts that the kit is going to come with in the first place. Just my opinion.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

BTW I am not trying to sell their product but I spent $1500 on the BDS kit. Like I said it comes with the steering stabilizer kit single or dual. I think even if you did the fox shocks upgrade it was still less than 2k. Here is the link where I bought mine. Just scroll through there and choose the options you want.

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p...-3500-4wd.aspx

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

OK I need a little help with the options. What thickness axle would I have with an 09 2500 4x4? Is the carrier bearing drop kit and longer brake lines needed? Also which style steering linkage? Sorry this will be my first lift purchase, all my previous trucks have already had one LOL. Thanks.

~Trevor~ aka TPain!

-2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boostf3d_TSi View Post
    OK I need a little help with the options. What thickness axle would I have with an 09 2500 4x4? Is the carrier bearing drop kit and longer brake lines needed? Also which style steering linkage? Sorry this will be my first lift purchase, all my previous trucks have already had one LOL. Thanks.
    You have a 4" axle tube. You have y-style linkage. If you have mega cab or cclb then I would recommend the carrier bearing drop kit. You shouldn't need the extended brake lines. I didn't buy them.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yeah I looked at the BDS website, it shows there that the brake lines are for the 4-6" lift so you're good on that.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

20151125_153739.jpg

Heres a pic of mine if that helps.

On that page it says 03-08 only had the y style linkage, you sure I do too? Jw.

~Trevor~ aka TPain!

-2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

And I do have a qclb so I would need the drop bearing then... is that hard to install btw?

~Trevor~ aka TPain!

-2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

10. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boostf3d_TSi View Post
    20151125_153739.jpg

Heres a pic of mine if that helps.

On that page it says 03-08 only had the y style linkage, you sure I do too? Jw.
    Yeah my bad I meant to put that I was driving while texting. Shhh don't tell the cops. And no the carrier bearing drop kit is easy, two bolts are holding in the carrier bearing pull those two bolts out put in the carrier bearing spacer between bracket and frame install new provided bolts and you're done.

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

You meant what? LOL

~Trevor~ aka TPain!

-2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast