Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Race ME issue??

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Race ME issue??

Sorry, this may be long but i am overly frustrated with this whole situation.

i have a 2015 6.7 cummins. i did the full EGR/DEF delete at 30k miles. i know have 32k miles. i set the RaceME tuner to run on the "deletes only-stock power" setting. truck ran good for about a week. then i started noticing the turbo would make the truck sound like it was pulsing out the exhaust pipe. this would happen randomly with or without the exhaust brake on and didnt matter if the engine was at temp or cold. this problem would get worse as time goes on. so i decided to reset the tuner to 30hp tune with a mild spool on the turbo. this fixed the pulsing turbo at random times however my torque converter would start bucking my truck under a load going up a hill (not towing) in gears 5th or 6th. i was told to put it in tow haul mode to help the situation. tried that, no help. so i put the truck back to stock power with deletes and deal with my flow pro exhaust throwing a pulsating noise while going down the road. i talked to my tuner, he said he had one other truck do this and it was bad batteries. if i switched the batteries out with new ones it would fix the issue. if the pulsating turbo went away on a different tune then how could it be batteries????? so either i deal with a bucking torque converter on a +hp tune or a truck that sounds like when you roll one window down at 75 mph down the freeway and kills every bodies ears. i never wanted more power, i just wanted a reliable cummins with no emissions. i have tried to contact Ray with Double R diesel multiple times on his site, email, and his Facebook page. never heard anything back. is there anybody out there that has experienced this?? should i put it all back to factory? i have always wanted a cummins but for the money i paid for a new truck and the issues i am having that nobody can see to have a fix for i am about ready to either switch to a duramax or a 3/4 ton gas engine. i have posted multiple threads with no answer and nobody seems to respond. hope to hear from someone with real advice or a real fix.

Sorry if this came across as rude, that is not my intent.

thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Race ME issue??

Quote Originally Posted by chenoweth122 View Post

i have a 2015 6.7 cummins. i did the full EGR/DEF delete at 30k miles. i know have 32k miles. i set the RaceME tuner to run on the "deletes only-stock power" setting. truck ran good for about a week. then i started noticing the turbo would make the truck sound like it was pulsing out the exhaust pipe. this would happen randomly with or without the exhaust brake on and didnt matter if the engine was at temp or cold. this problem would get worse as time goes on. so i decided to reset the tuner to 30hp tune with a mild spool on the turbo. this fixed the pulsing turbo at random times however my torque converter would start bucking my truck under a load going up a hill (not towing) in gears 5th or 6th. i was told to put it in tow haul mode to help the situation. tried that, no help. so i put the truck back to stock power with deletes and deal with my flow pro exhaust throwing a pulsating noise while going down the road. i talked to my tuner, he said he had one other truck do this and it was bad batteries. if i switched the batteries out with new ones it would fix the issue. if the pulsating turbo went away on a different tune then how could it be batteries????? so either i deal with a bucking torque converter on a +hp tune or a truck that sounds like when you roll one window down at 75 mph down the freeway and kills every bodies ears. i never wanted more power, i just wanted a reliable cummins with no emissions. i have tried to contact Ray with Double R diesel multiple times on his site, email, and his Facebook page. never heard anything back. is there anybody out there that has experienced this?? should i put it all back to factory? i have always wanted a cummins but for the money i paid for a new truck and the issues i am having that nobody can see to have a fix for i am about ready to either switch to a duramax or a 3/4 ton gas engine. i have posted multiple threads with no answer and nobody seems to respond. hope to hear from someone with real advice or a real fix.

thanks.
    Do you have the 68RFE trans? If so try trans tuning on the ultra I think this may help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. Likes Cummins20126.7 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chenoweth122 View Post

thanks.
    Is your Race Me updated? I believe turbo surging has been fixed with update or you can get warp from Ray and im sure you will be happy @Double R Diesel . I would not think your batteries would have anything to do with your converter shudder. My truck has about the same mileage as yours 29k and has been at the dealership since Dec 17 for a trans do to shudder as well.

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

5. Thanks LVAIR1, elcubano thanked for this post
    Likes elcubano liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Talk to Ray, and make sure the tuner is updated. https://www.raceme.eu/index.php?page=content&coID=12 has the changes, files and what you should need.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

RaceME_Ultra_INIT_2016-11-23_08-00.7z 1.2.01 Firmware
    Software
    RAME005B
    Ultra has now Data Logger for all trucks and latest revised tuning software what solves 2013up truck issues like Surge, VGT and
    Rail Pressure issues, issues on 2007.5 - 2009 trucks after programming and solves issues on trans tuning on 2010+ trucks.
    Thats from raceme site, this is a known issue apparently and was updates with firmware. I would go for their latest code found here:https://www.raceme.eu/index.php?page...1&dl_media=209
    Instructions :https://www.raceme.eu/media/files_pu...on%20Ultra.pdf

Should you need anything else https://www.raceme.eu/index.php?page=product&info=11 and select downloads and scroll down.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have experienced the same with the pulsating turbo as you have. It is like the start up process, it will clamp down to 85% and surge 10% if you watch the VGT gauge. I noticed running on stock with deletes it will randomly do that driving around, mainly when coming to a stop. As for the torque converter, my truck is an Aisin and I haven't experienced anything like that. If I had to guess I would say you are actually experiencing a touchy throttle on higher than the stock setting, and not anything with the torque converter. The throttle is definitely not the smoothest on the box tunes and I have found spots in the throttle where it would actually make almost like a lope/surge when driving.

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 AISIN 3.73 DRW - RaceMe Ultra / WARP by Double R Diesel
    2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 68RFE 3.73 - Mini Maxx MCC by Double R Diesel
    2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 Garmon 68RFE 3.73 - 500k+ miles Raceme Ultra / Warp by Double R Diesel

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins7 View Post
    Do you have the 68RFE trans? If so try trans tuning on the ultra I think this may help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    No way in HELL WOULD I EVER BUY A DURACRAP

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

99% sure you've got old firmware on your RaceMe. Update the card, go for a long drive. Park and update the controller. There will still be a little pulse on start, but it goes away quickly enough.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk