Page 247 of 253 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2524

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #2461

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Hi,
    I just registered on here, after reading much of the thread. I mean, it's huge, so I read less than half, but I searched it for info I was looking for, so forgive me if I'm asking questions that have been answered.

First, about me: I have a stock 2013 2500. It's a 4x4, 4 door, long bed, with the 68RFE and tall gearing. Not sure, off the top of my head, of the exact ratio, and I'd have to go outside to look. I traded my '02 to get this, and have not been satisfied. The '02 was a manual 6 speed, but otherwise identical - even color. It had the suicide doors in the back. Last year of that body style. It was pretty well set up, but enough about that. I bought this 2013 with 20,000 miles, almost a year ago, and the cel came on before I could get home. In the first three months, the dealer had the pickup for one month, total, and over 2,000 of the 5,000 miles I put on it were from going back there for service. Unhappy much? They replaced the scr, DPF, and def injector, rebuilt the rear differential, and fixed the tpms. I never got the same codes twice. I'd take it in, drive a loaner for a week or two, get a different code, take it back again. After three months of that, I took it home and got 13,000 troublefree miles out of it, until.... the cel came on. Different codes than before, but then... the countdown. I had just scheduled to take it in for the recall work (alternator diode and the excessive nox emissions that cause failures), but my dealer is 200 miles away, and I have 170 miles until I'm limited to 5mph. I'm not an arsonist, and I'd take a loss if I sold it, so it has to be fixed. As you probably know, only the dealers can reset these from the countdown. I did find that with 189 miles remaining, I disconnected the battery for a while, and it came back up to 195 when it was reconnected. Might be useful to someone on the road. So, in driving it (and comparing to my '02, which was my dream truck), there are several issues with it, that just bug me. First is the exhaust brake. Yes, it functions as designed. The problem is that when I turn on the eb, it changes shift strategies. It works good in tow mode, with a big trailer, but if I use it in regular driving, the torque converter unlocks, engine drops to idle, and the truck coasts. With the eb off, the converter stays locked, and if I let off, I get some compression braking. In top gear, the eb slows you down to 55, then the converter unlocks, engine drops to idle, and just coasts. To shift down usually takes three or more pushes of the - button to get fifth, then it shifts down, locks up, and works like it should, if the hill is big enough. If not, it slows you down, eb cuts out, converter unlocks, etc. the other thing that bugs me, besides the obvious problems, are the mirrors. The side mirrors make things look much closer than they are. Backing up to something, it looks like you're running over it, when you're 4 feet away. Enough complaining, and on to the topic at hand.

It's great to see that there's another tuner out there that can unlock the ecm, and I'm more excited to see that it can also tune for the transmission. There's my first question. Can we tune it so the exhaust brake works? No fuel, and exhaust braking at over 1,000 rpm with throttle off, converter lockup, downshifts at, say, 1,150? Without tow mode? With tow, higher upshift/downshift shift points.

That has been my biggest complaint about the pickup, besides those madated by the EPA.

Next, mileage. You saw what I'm driving. Average driving for me is mostly highway. EVIC showed 20.5, my pen put it at 20.1. Best trip was all highway, under 55mph, hilly, sea level to 1,200 feet, with EVIC showing 28. My calculations put it at 23.98, which is everything I'd hoped it would be, +/- .02 mpg, if you know what I mean (that close to an even 24). That was on summer fuel. Right now, it's mostly around 18 on the EVIC, but gets over 20 on long highway trips. Are others doing anything similar, or do we all tune for hp, and burn the fuel to get it? I did read the posts about better mileage with hotter tunes, but in general, how has the Ultra affected your mileage? Has anyone done better than 24mpg, or close, with a similar truck?

Next question: traction control. Hate it. If I could eliminate it, I would. I never want it to interrupt my driving, and certainly not with a yellow light constantly on, on the dash, saying it's off, and another light that comes on when it rudely interrupts my driving, anyway. Not when I'm carrying momentum up a steep, icy hill, and it cuts power and hits the brakes. Can the Ultra disable tc/esc, and the "I can't drive" light? Forever!

Finally, I'm not looking for horsepower. I don't want to fix a transmission. I like the smoothness of the engine and the fuel economy. I like the torque and pulling power, and put it to good use, but I don't want to rod it out; I need to be able to drive it. That said, I have a few more questions.

Does the RaceMe unlock the ecm permanently, so other programmers can be used, as with the Bully Dog?

Can anyone recommend a tune I'd like, addressing exhaust brake, traction loss of control, and mileage/ driveability, if it does all that? Or, a box capable of those things? Including the obvious problem items that led to the 5mph countdown. I figure that's got to go.

Has anyone done a meaningful comparison between this and EFI Live?

Features, abilities, available programming?

Thanks, and sorry about the meandering and ridiculously long post, re-asking all these questions.
    You have some very specific points and needs. I'm gonna let @Double R Diesel address this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2462

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Hi,
    I just registered on here, after reading much of the thread. I mean, it's huge, so I read less than half, but I searched it for info I was looking for, so forgive me if I'm asking questions that have been answered.

First, about me: I have a stock 2013 2500. It's a 4x4, 4 door, long bed, with the 68RFE and tall gearing. Not sure, off the top of my head, of the exact ratio, and I'd have to go outside to look. I traded my '02 to get this, and have not been satisfied. The '02 was a manual 6 speed, but otherwise identical - even color. It had the suicide doors in the back. Last year of that body style. It was pretty well set up, but enough about that. I bought this 2013 with 20,000 miles, almost a year ago, and the cel came on before I could get home. In the first three months, the dealer had the pickup for one month, total, and over 2,000 of the 5,000 miles I put on it were from going back there for service. Unhappy much? They replaced the scr, DPF, and def injector, rebuilt the rear differential, and fixed the tpms. I never got the same codes twice. I'd take it in, drive a loaner for a week or two, get a different code, take it back again. After three months of that, I took it home and got 13,000 troublefree miles out of it, until.... the cel came on. Different codes than before, but then... the countdown. I had just scheduled to take it in for the recall work (alternator diode and the excessive nox emissions that cause failures), but my dealer is 200 miles away, and I have 170 miles until I'm limited to 5mph. I'm not an arsonist, and I'd take a loss if I sold it, so it has to be fixed. As you probably know, only the dealers can reset these from the countdown. I did find that with 189 miles remaining, I disconnected the battery for a while, and it came back up to 195 when it was reconnected. Might be useful to someone on the road. So, in driving it (and comparing to my '02, which was my dream truck), there are several issues with it, that just bug me. First is the exhaust brake. Yes, it functions as designed. The problem is that when I turn on the eb, it changes shift strategies. It works good in tow mode, with a big trailer, but if I use it in regular driving, the torque converter unlocks, engine drops to idle, and the truck coasts. With the eb off, the converter stays locked, and if I let off, I get some compression braking. In top gear, the eb slows you down to 55, then the converter unlocks, engine drops to idle, and just coasts. To shift down usually takes three or more pushes of the - button to get fifth, then it shifts down, locks up, and works like it should, if the hill is big enough. If not, it slows you down, eb cuts out, converter unlocks, etc. the other thing that bugs me, besides the obvious problems, are the mirrors. The side mirrors make things look much closer than they are. Backing up to something, it looks like you're running over it, when you're 4 feet away. Enough complaining, and on to the topic at hand.

It's great to see that there's another tuner out there that can unlock the ecm, and I'm more excited to see that it can also tune for the transmission. There's my first question. Can we tune it so the exhaust brake works? No fuel, and exhaust braking at over 1,000 rpm with throttle off, converter lockup, downshifts at, say, 1,150? Without tow mode? With tow, higher upshift/downshift shift points.

That has been my biggest complaint about the pickup, besides those madated by the EPA.

Next, mileage. You saw what I'm driving. Average driving for me is mostly highway. EVIC showed 20.5, my pen put it at 20.1. Best trip was all highway, under 55mph, hilly, sea level to 1,200 feet, with EVIC showing 28. My calculations put it at 23.98, which is everything I'd hoped it would be, +/- .02 mpg, if you know what I mean (that close to an even 24). That was on summer fuel. Right now, it's mostly around 18 on the EVIC, but gets over 20 on long highway trips. Are others doing anything similar, or do we all tune for hp, and burn the fuel to get it? I did read the posts about better mileage with hotter tunes, but in general, how has the Ultra affected your mileage? Has anyone done better than 24mpg, or close, with a similar truck?

Next question: traction control. Hate it. If I could eliminate it, I would. I never want it to interrupt my driving, and certainly not with a yellow light constantly on, on the dash, saying it's off, and another light that comes on when it rudely interrupts my driving, anyway. Not when I'm carrying momentum up a steep, icy hill, and it cuts power and hits the brakes. Can the Ultra disable tc/esc, and the "I can't drive" light? Forever!

Finally, I'm not looking for horsepower. I don't want to fix a transmission. I like the smoothness of the engine and the fuel economy. I like the torque and pulling power, and put it to good use, but I don't want to rod it out; I need to be able to drive it. That said, I have a few more questions.

Does the RaceMe unlock the ecm permanently, so other programmers can be used, as with the Bully Dog?

Can anyone recommend a tune I'd like, addressing exhaust brake, traction loss of control, and mileage/ driveability, if it does all that? Or, a box capable of those things? Including the obvious problem items that led to the 5mph countdown. I figure that's got to go.

Has anyone done a meaningful comparison between this and EFI Live?

Features, abilities, available programming?

Thanks, and sorry about the meandering and ridiculously long post, re-asking all these questions.

Here is is a great review between raceme and efi live.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...ra-vs-EFI-Live

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Captain, Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #2463

User Info Menu

The Ultra isn't for everyone. It was made for everyone if that makes any sense.

Yes the new CTS has better graphics and sleeker. But you can put chicken poo in an alabaster box, but it's still chicken poo.

More importantly, it's what's in the inside that counts. The Ultra, Touch, and MM3 have 3 independent CPUs. This gives them the ability to handle and process data at a rate that hasn't even been fully exploited yet...( wait till y'all see the coming data logging...I've had the privilege to see a few snippets). No other tuning device can unlock and tune a CM2350 PCM any faster than these tuners can.

The Ultra is a great tuner and if the box tunes don't work it for ya...then add some Warp tuning.

Personally, I promote the MM3 tuner now. You get my tunes out of the box when you purchase one from me along with my full 100% support...which is a little different than buying an Ultra from the cheapest outlet available.

Now for the new comer who doesn't know the difference between the Ultra, Smarty Touch, or MM3. Here is dumbed down breakdown...

1. They are all the same pieces of hardware.

2. The Smarty Touch does not offer any delete tuning period. Works with trucks from 98.5-present. UDC Pro software can be used to write custom tuning for use with the Touch.

3. Ultra can only be used with the 07.5-present 6.7 trucks. Box tuning that comes with these are for deletes only. Warp tuning software can be used to write custom tuning for use the the Ultra.

4. MM3 tuner comes without box tuning. Warp or UDC Pro can/must be used to make tuning files that will allow the MM3 to tune a truck anywhere from 98.5-present. Most of these will be sold by professional tuners like myself who will provide tuning with the sold units. However, the end user can buy one and make their own tunes if they have the knowledge and experience to do it.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Top Of Page | #2464

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    The Ultra isn't for everyone. It was made for everyone if that makes any sense.

Yes the new CTS has better graphics and sleeker. But you can put chicken poo in an alabaster box, but it's still chicken poo.

More importantly, it's what's in the inside that counts. The Ultra, Touch, and MM3 have 3 independent CPUs. This gives them the ability to handle and process data at a rate that hasn't even been fully exploited yet...( wait till y'all see the coming data logging...I've had the privilege to see a few snippets). No other tuning device can unlock and tune a CM2350 PCM any faster than these tuners can.

The Ultra is a great tuner and if the box tunes don't work it for ya...then add some Warp tuning.

Personally, I promote the MM3 tuner now. You get my tunes out of the box when you purchase one from me along with my full 100% support...which is a little different than buying an Ultra from the cheapest outlet available.

Now for the new comer who doesn't know the difference between the Ultra, Smarty Touch, or MM3. Here is dumbed down breakdown...

1. They are all the same pieces of hardware.

2. The Smarty Touch does not offer any delete tuning period. Works with trucks from 98.5-present. UDC Pro software can be used to write custom tuning for use with the Touch.

3. Ultra can only be used with the 07.5-present 6.7 trucks. Box tuning that comes with these are for deletes only. Warp tuning software can be used to write custom tuning for use the the Ultra.

4. MM3 tuner comes without box tuning. Warp or UDC Pro can/must be used to make tuning files that will allow the MM3 to tune a truck anywhere from 98.5-present. Most of these will be sold by professional tuners like myself who will provide tuning with the sold units. However, the end user can buy one and make their own tunes if they have the knowledge and experience to do it.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com

What can you do with an mm3 that you can't do with the ultra? What is the difference beteeen warp on an ultra and warp on an mm3? Thank you!

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #2465

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DcLOLinger View Post
    What can you do with an mm3 that you can't do with the ultra? What is the difference beteeen warp on an ultra and warp on an mm3? Thank you!
    Once you load warp they're basiclly the same thing

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

9. Thanks DcLOLinger, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DcLOLinger, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #2466

User Info Menu

Ultra - canned or box tuning
    MM3 - platform for consumer/custom tuner no box tuning. So it's just the device no tuning. Designed for end user and custom tuning. Slightly lower price with the additional cost still of custom tuning

If you know you're doing custom the MM3 is an excellent option now that it's available
    Previously the only choice was using the Ultra with the added price tag. Some people are happy with the box tuning for a while but decide later to try WARP tuning

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #2467

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    Ultra - canned or box tuning
    MM3 - platform for consumer/custom tuner no box tuning. So it's just the device no tuning. Designed for end user and custom tuning. Slightly lower price with the additional cost still of custom tuning

If you know you're doing custom the MM3 is an excellent option now that it's available
    Previously the only choice was using the Ultra with the added price tag. Some people are happy with the box tuning for a while but decide later to try WARP tuning
    ya I discovered these forums after I ordered the ultra but already have warp from double r. Just waiting to get my truck back so I can load em up!

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #2468

User Info Menu

The mm3 is a tuning device that can accept tuning from multiple platforms. UDC Pro, and WARP being the main 2 as of now. A custom tuner would naturally promote the mm3, as tuning is their bread and butter. The ultra came before the mm3 and was designed and came with tuning, but raceme also had the plans to make custom tuning available with the ultra, which they did. Shortly after the mm3 was released for people that just wanted custom tuning. You can't go wrong with either one. The mm3 could of saved you a little bit of money since you found the forum after you bought an ultra, and already have custom tunes for your truck, but you still have a great product. I have an ultra also and I like the fact that do at least have the ability to run the raceme "box tunes" if I ever needed to for what ever reason there might be. Example I had a 2012 custom tuned with a mini max. I got some tuning that did not like cold weather when it turned cold. While it was getting figured out, I switched to the mini max box tunes. That is possibly a good reason to have an ultra. Kinda like a back up. Although with @Double R Diesel tuning I doubt you'll ever need a back up LOL. But never know.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

15. Top Of Page | #2469

User Info Menu

Just because I'm liking my new background image LOL! Couldn't get a better pic with the sun.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, theaaronbush thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #2470

User Info Menu

That's a cool background!!!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

18. Thanks RATLIN'HP thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
Page 247 of 253 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 ... LastLast