Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 185 of 253 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2524

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1841

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

I just pulled with mine this last weekend since I did the deletes. Had it set to +30 hp, 23* timing, 1850 max rail psi, and economy spool. Going uphill at 60-65 I kept having to ease out of the throttle because the boost was hitting 36-37 psi (not that I had it floored, just enough to maintain speed). I read somewhere that 36 psi is the max on these stock turbos before drive pressure becomes a major issue. Anyone else pulled with theirs and seen high boost numbers? I'm just a little worried about over-speeding the turbo. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2014 CCSB ● Fuel Hostage 18x9 -1 ● Toyo Open Country A/T II Extreme ● Leveling kit ● DPF/SCR/EGR deletes ● RaceME Ultra w/ Pyro ● 4 inch Flo-Pro Exhaust ● ARP 425 Head Studs

2. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #1842

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by huskee05 View Post
    I just pulled with mine this last weekend since I did the deletes. Had it set to +30 hp, 23* timing, 1850 max rail psi, and economy spool. Going uphill at 60-65 I kept having to ease out of the throttle because the boost was hitting 36-37 psi (not that I had it floored, just enough to maintain speed). I read somewhere that 36 psi is the max on these stock turbos before drive pressure becomes a major issue. Anyone else pulled with theirs and seen high boost numbers? I'm just a little worried about over-speeding the turbo. Thanks guys.

Will be pulling around 10k with mine next weekend on the same settings and I'll be in the hills so I'll keep ya posted

4. Thanks huskee05, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes huskee05, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #1843

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
    Will be pulling around 10k with mine next weekend on the same settings and I'll be in the hills so I'll keep ya posted
    That's about what I was pulling. EGT's were great. 850-1000. Just that darn boost kept trying to skyrocket. I was in 5th at that speed. Once I was able to set the cruise on flat ground at 75 in 6th, things were great.

2014 CCSB ● Fuel Hostage 18x9 -1 ● Toyo Open Country A/T II Extreme ● Leveling kit ● DPF/SCR/EGR deletes ● RaceME Ultra w/ Pyro ● 4 inch Flo-Pro Exhaust ● ARP 425 Head Studs

6. Top Of Page | #1844

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunmh1981 View Post
    Whats crazy is if I set mine to economy the VGT servo bounces back and fourth at idle. Jumps between 95% and 65%. Does not do it on the mild or quick spool.
    That's a trait of the box tuning. The economy spool mapping makes the ECM freak out and cause turbo surge.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Likes RamIt liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #1845

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    That's a trait of the box tuning. The economy spool mapping makes the ECM freak out and cause turbo surge.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    So if a guy is still running box tunes, would recommend not to use the economy spool setting?

9. Top Of Page | #1846

User Info Menu

So if a guy is still running box tunes, would recommend not to use the economy spool setting?

Yes if you don't like surge. I don't think that it hurts anything though.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Thanks huskee05 thanked for this post
    Likes huskee05 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #1847

User Info Menu

I don't like to see boost go much past 36 psi though. If any of you guys truly see like 38-40 psi with the stock turbo (reading with a manual gauge to be sure)...that's too much.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes huskee05, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #1848

User Info Menu

I don't like to see boost go much past 36 psi though. If any of you guys truly see like 38-40 psi with the stock turbo (reading with a manual gauge to be sure)...that's too much.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    This might be a dumb question, but do your tunes limit the boost down to a safer level? The reason I ask is, I was hitting 36-37 this last weekend pulling my camper and it made me cringe a little bit. And you can ask my wife, the first thing I said was, "I need custom tuning." LOL

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #1849

User Info Menu

This might be a dumb question, but do your tunes limit the boost down to a safer level? The reason I ask is, I was hitting 36-37 this last weekend pulling my camper and it made me cringe a little bit. And you can ask my wife, the first thing I said was, "I need custom tuning." LOL

I pretty much pull the plug on boost at 34 psi.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, huskee05 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, huskee05, Steinbrenner liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #1850

User Info Menu

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    thanks Ray for the quick response. I just responded to another post of yours about how the communication gets wacky from unplugging the egr and exhaust pressure sensor. I plugged the egr valve back in and economy spool works normal now and the exhaust break works perfectly for warm up now. Anyway sorry for the repeat. Thanks again Ray.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, kessler89 thanked for this post
    Likes huskee05, DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 185 of 253 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast