Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrible Gas Mileage

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Horrible Gas Mileage

Ever since I had my egr deleted and a 5" Turbo Back Flo Pro exhaust put in, I've had pretty bad gas mileage, pushing 10 mpg highway on a good day. I just replaced my map sensor, air filter, and also my fuel filter and no change. I'm wondering if any other exhaust sensors are affecting this. When I first deleted my exhaust, I had an edge cts2 with egt sims for the Exhaust. I'm now using RaceME and took three of the sims off and one is stuck so I cannot access it to remove it. Any ideas on what could be my issue?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

First, welcome to the forum!!!

Now..., That milage sounds really low. They say that some trucks are just pigs but think there is more too it than that.

What year is your truck?
    Do you know what gears you have?
    Any other mods like 35" tires, etc?
    What was your milage like before deleting?
    Was it this bad when you ran just SIMs?
    What kind of driving do you do?

Help us with a few more details and maybe we can help.

My truck for example is a '12 2500, 3.73 gears and 34x12/17 AT tires.

My milage from factory was
    17 highway 14 in town 8 towing

My milage with SIMs was
    19 highway 16 in town 8-9 towing

My milage with tuner (RaceME Jr for a while, now H&S with custom tuning)
    22 highway 18 in town 10-12 towing

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

We see you own Home (Down Home Diesel Tuning) and do EFi Live. Is the RaceME new for you?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks ISAIAH89 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I deleted my 2014 and get around 16mpg in city. Usually get around 19-20 highway. Not hand calculated just from the lie-o-meter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm working on opening up a little tuning shop locally. I've had a RaceME on my truck for a couple weeks and gas mileage actually went up a Bit to around 11 or 12

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel is the guy you want to chat with. 👍

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I'd just like to slip in a to the forum.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I bought my truck used but I have a 12' 2500, 3.73 Gears with 35" NTG, I believe my city mpg stock was around 14-15 on avg but dropped down after I deleted. With the raceme it went up by 1 or 2. Not really sure what's up.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leveled6.7 View Post
    I bought my truck used but I have a 12' 2500, 3.73 Gears with 35" NTG, I believe my city mpg stock was around 14-15 on avg but dropped down after I deleted. With the raceme it went up by 1 or 2. Not really sure what's up.
    The RaceME would have been ignoring the SIMs so it wouldn't matter if they were still there or not.

Assuming your milage #s were hand calculated and not based on evic reading I'd say something else is up. Assuming everything else stayed the same (driving habits, mods tire size etc...) Your milage should have gone up at least 2-3 mpgs over stock.

There are so many variables when it comes to fuel milage...

MAP sensor is a typical culprit but you already replaced that...

How many miles on the truck when you added the tuner? The EGR still functions with SIMs installed so you might need to pull the intake horn and clean out the grid heater.

Just tossing stuff out here... It really could be anything. You could try a different setting in the RaceME. I got my best milage running SW2.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I Put efi live on my truck first at around 85,000 miles then switched to RaceME at 87,000. I also have the egr deleted. Should I still remove the intake horn and check it out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast