Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone! Newbie from NJ searching for my first Cummins!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Hi @Polaraco and @F350Cummins,
    Sorry for delay in responding but I'm at work. I clicked on the Ebay link you posted and that is the truck (eBay item number:161566536016)! So you guys have bought from this dealer before? That's a good sign. I bought the AutoCheck report and it claims to be a one owner truck from Shehola, PA. I sent deposit via PayPal and left my number for them to call me for pickup arrangements but they haven't called me back yet. Thanks, Mike

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

@Polaraco is right, Mine had a mechanical issue that he DID DISCLOSE, but was a rust free truck for this area. still is pretty close to it. I had no issue fixing the issue, and I still have it today.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mkam383 View Post
    Sorry for delay in responding but I'm at work. I clicked on the Ebay link you posted and that is the truck (eBay item number:161566536016)! So you guys have bought from this dealer before? That's a good sign. I bought the AutoCheck report and it claims to be a one owner truck from Shehola, PA. I sent deposit via PayPal and left my number for them to call me for pickup arrangements but they haven't called me back yet. Thanks, Mike
    THAT IS ONE NICE TRUCK!!!!! I went out to blow the snow off my truck and did the 2.5 mile trip and looked at it. I talked to the owner, he remembered me. I didn't look with a microscope, but this lookslike it was garage kept. It even has rear inner wheel wells. He was offering me to look at it more, but I told him I would wait until the owner comes. He said he drove it here from the dealer and it never missed a heart beat. Says he has a few Smarty's he can sell you too. Good thing to have.

There was a couple of folders on the seat with the records of the truck.

The story is the original owner said he was going to buy a new truck before 300K. The dealer was Precision in Butler

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes Weeseven liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Thanks @Polaraco! Now I'm getting less nervous and more excited! The Dealer, Joe, did call me back and said you stopped by. You said he had a couple of Smartys to sell - I'm a Cummins newbie. Is there a certain model Smarty I should get (looked like 3-4 different models - Jr, SSR, REVO, touch) and I thought I read somewhere they were paired to the specific truck once used... What would be a fair price for a used Smarty?

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

NICE!!!!

Did you ask the price of the smartys steve? if not I will stop in one morning.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Did he give a price on the smartys? @Polaraco

if not I can spin by on my way to work in the morning.

If steve says its nice, trust him!

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Thanks @Polaraco! Now I'm getting less nervous and more excited! The Dealer, Joe, did call me back and said you stopped by. You said he had a couple of Smartys to sell - I'm a Cummins newbie. Is there a certain model Smarty I should get (looked like 3-4 different models - Jr, SSR, REVO, touch) and I thought I read somewhere they were paired to the specific truck once used... What would be a fair price for a used Smarty?
    You want an S06. I'm doing the preliminary work but going to UDC. Wildman and @Double R Diesel are my programmers. Once I get through that stage, it will be easy for you from there. Ray will have a base line for your truck. Call Joe and ask him. We need to make sure they are unlocked

BTW I sent you a private message. Gave you my number

The worst I would expect with your truck would be maybe a set of Injectors, We have @AccurateDiesel for those. And maybe a trans. Depends on what you see in those receipts. We can do the injectors here. Just don't let F350 put the cross over caps on. LOL You'll have to do allot of the work. . . My back is about ready to resign

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    NICE!!!!

Did you ask the price of the smartys steve? if not I will stop in one morning.
    No but I will. I am getting some Mopar NOS head lights from him though.

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    Did he give a price on the smartys? @Polaraco

if not I can spin by on my way to work in the morning.

If steve says its nice, trust him!
    Thanks for the compliment Al. Beats the crap out of your truck.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Yup It's either an Air Dog or a Fass. If you are lucky, it's a Fass. I saw it had gauges on the pillar and that is a cold air filter. Looks like the one I have which is an S $ B. Hopefully it won't be as wet and cold when you are here. You want an S06 Smarty.

Talk to you in a day or so. Give me some advance warning.

Edit: He put an air horn in it already. An expensive one.

10. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The SSR, and touch I know support UDC. If it's already got gauges on the pillar, no point in spending the money on the touch.

11. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Hello and welcome Mkam383 hope you get the truck ! sounds nice and you got polaracos seal of approval ;-)

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast