Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MM3?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: MM3?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Good morning everyone, so the stock file like stated is the file that the mm3 grabs from the truck before installing the custom tuned file. It is the file that is on your truck the day you buy it. If you install the tuner and load the tunes onto your truck it disables everything. At this point, your free and clear to remove the exhaust portion. The moment you put the stock file back on the truck, you have to have all sensor and connections hooked up properly or else your truck will not operate properly. You can leave everything on but you run the risk of it clogging and having more troublsome issues if something gets too clogged and will not the exhaust escape how it's meant to be. I would not install the tuner until you have everything in place ready to go.

What they mean by install it before the hard parts is done is due to if there is an issue with the tune, you will find out before you remove anything and get stuck if you happened to damage any sensors, cut the exhaust and do not have a way of putting it back on.

Does that make sense? Still drinking coffe bahaha
    Thank you! I thought I was clear on this in post #4 but I guess I wasn't....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I installed mine with all factory parts . only thing I was told to unplug was the egr valve . I was on that same boat

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Njpapi6624 View Post
    I installed mine with all factory parts . only thing I was told to unplug was the egr valve . I was on that same boat

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    The egr valve is not needed to be unplugged unless you would like extra protection in the slight chance it may re-enable. The tuning turns it off so it will not operate.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Thank you! I thought I was clear on this in post #4 but I guess I wasn't....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    It's all good bud. Sometimes it just takes a different way of explaining it is all. I know it happens to me all the time bahaha

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

If you rewrite the ecm with the stock file after your install and still have all the stock stuff on the truck, doesn’t it still work? I mean I know you can’t run the custom tunes with all the junk still there but if you haven’t removed anything and the truck is on the stock file, won’t everything work like it did before the tuner was installed?

2016 2500 6.7
    2" Level Kit
    Medicated by DRD

7. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thundervee View Post
    If you rewrite the ecm with the stock file after your install and still have all the stock stuff on the truck, doesn’t it still work? I mean I know you can’t run the custom tunes with all the junk still there but if you haven’t removed anything and the truck is on the stock file, won’t everything work like it did before the tuner was installed?
    You always write the tuning file to the truck before removing any parts to ensure you don't have any problems with the tuning itself. After you install the tuning file you need to start the truck to make sure everything is ok. At that point you can install the stock file back to the truck if you haven't removed any parts and you can drive the truck like normal. The stock file is exactly that, the stock tuning from the factory with all factory parts in place.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes Thundervee liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    You always write the tuning file to the truck before removing any parts to ensure you don't have any problems with the tuning itself. After you install the tuning file you need to start the truck to make sure everything is ok. At that point you can install the stock file back to the truck if you haven't removed any parts and you can drive the truck like normal. The stock file is exactly that, the stock tuning from the factory with all factory parts in place.
    That’s exactly what I thought. Thanks for the clarification

2016 2500 6.7
    2" Level Kit
    Medicated by DRD

11. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thundervee View Post
    That’s exactly what I thought. Thanks for the clarification

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56