Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Intake manifold and grid heater replace

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Intake manifold and grid heater replace

Thinking about replacing my stock intake and deleting the grid heater. Do I need a grid heater here in Oregon?? If I do, what heater/intake is best. Or should I go with a complete setup with a cold air intake also?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Intake manifold and grid heater replace

Hey bud! I'll shoot you a pm with some info. I'll need some info from you as well concerning your truck.

Be sure to fill out the signature so we can all see what your working with.

Also welcome to the forum!

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I guess I should mention I'm using tapatalk right now so I might not see everything as it would be on a computer. I apologize if so!

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Columbus, TX

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Pm sent. Thanks.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have been contemplating the grid heater delete as well. Never see cold enough temps in so cal but occasional mountain trips do show low teens temps. Any input appreciated on those who have deleted

15 Ram 2500 tradesman 4x4, S&b intake, 2.5” RC leveling kit with 35’s, pedal programmer, nfab steps.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kflynn318 View Post
    I have been contemplating the grid heater delete as well. Never see cold enough temps in so cal but occasional mountain trips do show low teens temps. Any input appreciated on those who have deleted

15 Ram 2500 tradesman 4x4, S&b intake, 2.5” RC leveling kit with 35’s, pedal programmer, nfab steps.
    @Dude's Diesel Performance and @Double R Diesel is a Shibby dealer. Shibby makes a sweet remote heater that is none restrictive. But you have to use his air horn. Shibby makes a grid heater delete kit too. Maybe they'll give you a deal. Not sure about Dawgs being a dealer

I might suggest, if you go up into the Mountains, you may want to install it. The truck should start with out it, the key word is should. On the other side, you can use ether if you just remove the grid heater.

The presence of the grid heater is why they tell you not to use ether. The ether would hit the grid heater and make a hello a mess.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thank ya sir!

Yes sirWe proudly sell shibby's products. They are proven and have been around for quite some time. Very high quality stuff and a perfect fit everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    @Dude's Diesel Performance and @Double R Diesel is a Shibby dealer. Shibby makes a sweet remote heater that is none restrictive. But you have to use his air horn. Shibby makes a grid heater delete kit too. Maybe they'll give you a deal. Not sure about Dawgs being a dealer

I might suggest, if you go up into the Mountains, you may want to install it. The truck should start with out it, the key word is should. On the other side, you can use ether if you just remove the grid heater.

The presence of the grid heater is why they tell you not to use ether. The ether would hit the grid heater and make a hello a mess.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com